Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,735 members, 7,875,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ (12077 Views)

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt / Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades โ‚ฆโ€Ž993/$ / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At โ‚ฆโ€Ž664/$ At I&E Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by todugo(m): 7:19am On Dec 09, 2023
ufotty2001:
Dangote refinery is our only hope to reform our Naira.
Remember that it's not own by the government. We may still be importing fuel cos while Dangote will be exporting most of it's finished product, national consumption need may not be met.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Reelmii: 7:19am On Dec 09, 2023
Hmm
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Khyrvxjzy: 7:19am On Dec 09, 2023
Ozommadu:
Omenka come and blame igbos na dem dey destroy this country despite that they've never rule you.

Your Ebola bought yatch 5bn and tinubu wife 1.5bn cars...all imported oo

Hopeless people

you guys are importer na

from production to importation
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Integrafamoo: 7:20am On Dec 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by RecessionistPMB: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2023
femi4:
Normal tinz , Dec is when directors steals public funds and they prefer to do it foreign exchange
[/color]

What a dumb statement to shield your empty-headed president and his abysmal economic team![color=#006600]
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by nairalanda1(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The block heads that floated the naira are the real jokes. In a floated currency market, you can only get good rates by sound economic actions.

As long as this government keeps wasting funds and not investing in critical areas, this will keep happening. No trick will work except sound investment policies.

I agree with you 100%.

But on floating the naira, the truth was , years of low oil prices and borrowing to make up the difference left us with limited dollars to defend the naira . Add the fact that we have an effective forex reserve of 4 billion dollars....and floating the naira was all that was left. We probably won't have gotten loans from IMF without doing so.

The real problem is that we rely on one source of income for 80% of our revenue. That severely limits our funding abilites.

APC ran in 2015 on a mandate to diversify, so this is their fault 100%. What is even painful is that the wastage spending under this new admin has already commenced. COP 28. New vehicles for the National Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Ozommadu: 7:23am On Dec 09, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

you guys are importer na

from production to importation

The 150bn SUVs was not imported abi?? Fuel is not imported abi?

Okpo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by philiancoop(m): 7:23am On Dec 09, 2023
ufotty2001:

This guy no sabi say Dangote refinery deals in dollars only. It will not help at all.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by shox(m): 7:26am On Dec 09, 2023
There goes the death of naira
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:27am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

I agree with you 100%.

But on floating the naira, the truth was , years of low oil prices and borrowing to make up the difference left us with limited dollars to defend the naira . Add the fact that we have an effective forex reserve of 4 billion dollars....and floating the naira was all that was left. We probably won't have gotten loans from IMF without doing so.

The real problem is that we rely on one source of income for 80% of our revenue. That severely limits our funding abilites.

APC ran in 2015 on a mandate to diversify, so this is their fault 100%. What is even painful is that the wastage spending under this new admin has already commenced. COP 28. New vehicles for the National Assembly.

Floating was not the solution but massively investing in programs to boost manufacturing. Cutting the cost of governance, cutting wastage through effective monitoring. Should be a priority. Investing in the right channels will help cushion dollar wastage and then when the market is producing, then we can talk of floating.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Bobloco: 7:33am On Dec 09, 2023
ufotty2001:

You are hoping against hope ufot

If there's anything like that
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Corrections: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2023
ufotty2001:

By God's grace, I will note and try to save this your statement then call you out after your dangote refinery has started working to ask if Nigeria economy has gotten better.

You people don't know the power of corruption and how deadly it is!!!!

Corruption brought Nigeria down no its kneel and it is only elimination of this corruption that can bring Nigeria back to its feet.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Savanahustle: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2023
This cocaine sniffing dumbo will run this country to the ground if not checked

Even the wife knows that the randy he-goat is nothing to write home about and needs to be checked and curtailed constantly in all ramifications

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Shakirababy(f): 7:35am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

If we kept that subsidy, and even then what tinubu has done is partial removal......we would have had an exchange rate of N2000 to one dollar by now. And a debt reaching 70 trillion naira.

There is a reason why all the three candidates vowed to remove subsidy on day one. And there is a cold reason why GEJ wanted to remove subsidy in 2012. s

In 2011, subsidy costs were thrice of what they were in 2010, and were eating up our oil income. That is why GEJ wanted to remove subsidy....and eventually did a partial removal.

Stop defending nonsense and kindly shut up.

Gosh ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Philipmoon2(m): 7:35am On Dec 09, 2023
Get out, don't come here and write rubbish again. Keep on defending evil policies
nairalanda1:

If we kept that subsidy, and even then what tinubu has done is partial removal......we would have had an exchange rate of N2000 to one dollar by now. And a debt reaching 70 trillion naira.

There is a reason why all the three candidates vowed to remove subsidy on day one. And there is a cold reason why GEJ wanted to remove subsidy in 2012. s

In 2011, subsidy costs were thrice of what they were in 2010, and were eating up our oil income. That is why GEJ wanted to remove subsidy....and eventually did a partial removal.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

I agree with you 100%.

As long as prioritizing things like House and expenses of politicians. Then we will go no where.

As long as the currency is floated, which I expect no going back, we will have to do the right thing.

That is why I personally campaigned for Peter Obi because I knew the only way out is a prudent government. Not a government favoring family members.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Johncuppa(m): 7:37am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Partial remover as how?
He declared subsidy is gone, you're saying partial remover.
Do you mean independent oil marketers are being paid again?
How did you mean gan gan?

Also, I agreed susbsidy would have increased our debt rate, but how is the subsidy going to make dollar 2k?
As in the dollar that just moved that way within the period of less than 6 month

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by MuslimIgbo: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2023
ufotty2001:
Rubbish

DANGลŒTE is criminal

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

The solution was not removing subsidy but investing massively in local refining. Investing in large scale development of modular refineries.

Funny that we are able to pump billions of dollars to help Dangote but can't do the same to support local businesses to develop modular refineries.

The subsidy comes from importation. Boosting local refineries would have removed subsidy in a less harsh manner.
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by tctrills: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2023
ufotty2001:
Don't be too hopeful. A refinery is not the solution to our Naira problem. It would only be a temporary bandaid.
It takes much more than a refinery to stabilize our Naira.
Hope you know that every barrel of oil given to Dangote refinery is a barrel of oil not exported for dollars.
So yes, Dangote refinery would have an impact but not a lasting one if other measures are not put in place

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by BrighterSyde: 7:45am On Dec 09, 2023
Norsemann:
Na statistics we go chop?

Certificate forging maggot of cocaine sniffer 2022

Freestuffng go soon come drop statistics now. Just wait.
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by DKM123: 7:46am On Dec 09, 2023
Okay.....
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by DKM123: 7:47am On Dec 09, 2023
Okay..... We are used to it.
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Princeton92(m): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2023
Flame333:
May the suffering continue to favour them and their families

Among the 1001 ways to die, voting APC is number one..

This one got me real good ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by SirLakes: 7:48am On Dec 09, 2023
Naira yakata season grin
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Kukutente23: 7:50am On Dec 09, 2023
femi4:
Normal tinz , Dec is when directors steals public funds and they prefer to do it foreign exchange
Which directors are those?
Seems 1411 delegates was a joke to you
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Brushstrokes20: 7:50am On Dec 09, 2023
eBOLA on full rampage๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€
The self serving kleptomaniac only came to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY ๐Ÿ˜’
The shyyythole from fry pan to fire ๐Ÿ”ฅโœ…

Only bloodthirsty Khaki boys can salvage the doomed contraption!
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Kukutente23: 7:51am On Dec 09, 2023
ufotty2001:
By the time refinery is working, COP29 will be 5222 delegates
If you're not faithful in little, you can't be faithful in much

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by BrighterSyde: 7:52am On Dec 09, 2023
Themanleshey:

Food don ready, make una come wail as usual .

My question still remain that, how many Nigerians can afford to buy a car when it was sold for less than 1200 naira ?

When 1 Naira was equivalent to 1 pounds ?

You better hustle hard and forget this dollar ish.

A word is enough for the wise !

Very daft thinking as usual from apc zombies.
When the naira was less than 1k2 we couldnโ€™t afford cars. Now that itโ€™s getting worse people are finding it even more difficult to afford ordinary okada not to mention basic things like food and this one is talking about affording cars.

Common economic sense cannot tell you that if we could not afford cars then then the things we could afford will become out of reach for the common man as the dollar increases.

Instead na to support apc without using brains be thief priority.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Kukutente23: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
Manufactured goods and services'.

Strong currencies.
I don't understand
How does manufacturing of goods and services lead to stronger currencies
China is a top manufacturer and their currency is very weak
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Whalis: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2023
somito121:
Petrol subsidy should have remained because it seems we only removed it to enrich the politicians.
We didn't remove it. It was removed by Tinubu to enable him have more funds to waste. Have you seen where someone who doesn't have money give palliative? Have you seen someone who doesn't have money sponsor more than 500 people to an overseas event?
Have you seen someone who doesn't have money budget billions on furniture?
Have you seen someone who doesn't have money attending every event overseas in person even in those he was supposed to join online?
Nigeria needs a radical turn around by a strict frugal leader with strong business acumen.
Don't mind all those business deal they claim to be signing. Signing a business deal between companies and countries takes over some months for all grey areas to be cleared. Anyone who attends just a few days event and flashes agreement that he has attracted an investment is a ruse

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Set Up An Internet TV Station And Make Money With It / I Need Business IDEAS To Earn 1k Or 2k Daily / Naira May Depreciate To 386/dollar In H2 โ€”pwc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.