Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,687 members, 7,930,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:35 PM

Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss (36066 Views)

Multichoice Ignores Court Order, proceeds With DSTV, Gotv subscription Hikes / Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Paramount01(m): 9:33am On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, only a confam mumu still uses DSTV.

If I pass your window and see DSTV dish I automatically assume that the occupants of that house are dumb.

Everybody get paorites. Dstv station are high definition compare to other free to air

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by JoshTim: 9:35am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
smiley

1.Streaming is eating into Multichoice's profits. An Amazon prime and Netflix cost less than 5000 EACH a month for a package that offers you more than what Multichoice can offer

2.The economy is bad, and not just in Nigeria. Multichoice is struggling even in South Africa. In SA, for example, numbers of Premium subscribers are falling.

They are the cause...they don't want to come to the fact that their business model can no longer work given the present competitiveness in the media circle.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by koyeni(m): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2023
Some dunces later will come and tell us to jack up local production and invest in Nigeria
Meanwhile, govt is ready to frustrate your business
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by peesleem(m): 9:37am On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:

If I pass your window and see DSTV dish I automatically assume that the occupants of that house are dumb.
The dumbest people I know of are those who think everyone is on the same level of understanding and exposure.
And every place in the world is urbanized
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Brushstrokes20: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2023
๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€... And the shyyythole keeps Crumbling by the seconds while eBOLA and his notorious gang of insatiable THIEVES are on a SPENDING SPREE as if there is no tomorrow!๐Ÿ’ฏ
But when the people are ready, THE NEEDFUL WILL BE! โœ…๐Ÿ’ฏ

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Zacks43: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2023
ojotobiloba1:

If u pass mine. I have two Dstv dishes but guess worth. I never use am for dstv decorder. I used it for free to air channels airing more Dan 300 stations.na mumu dey sub for dstv truly
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by onyxo76(m): 9:38am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:
We warned them about Tinubu, they called us haters, to all those who used tribalism to support Tinubu if only your tribal bragging right could reduce the price of garri for you or reduce the price of petrol to 200, I would have said you gained something from tribal support but do you know the very bad part;

Just a reminder Tinubu doesn't give a fvck about you or whatever you go through, he doesn't even need your vote or support in 2027 to get reelected...

who is he going to rule over almost everyone would have run away from the country by then.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Zacks43: 9:39am On Dec 09, 2023
[quote author=nairalanda1 post=127391577]

1,Internet is still poor in many places

2.Some content is only available via cable . Like football. Streaming football matches in Nigeria is only possible on very iffy and illicit conncections.[/qu
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by theamazonguru(m): 9:40am On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:

Bros I am willing to learn form your wisdom.
Considering that you would need data to enjoy streaming services- imagine the cost.

Let's be practical.
I have a building of 4 bedroom.
What would you advice me to put in place to enjoy media content if my intention is to boycott cable/satellite service.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Zacks43: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2023
Manigie:
what then is the available option
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by ppogba: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2023
I am surprised Multichoice never vex leave Naija.

Shoprite did it,. heaven did not fall.
Multichoice should do it and let us check something.

You dey complain say na bone na bone, yet you no gree throway de bone.
Nigeria economy dis, Nigeria economy dat, abeg leave if una wan leave.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Topmaike007(m): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2023
visaclick:
thatโ€™s your proof that nairaland is filled with kids. For now nothing replaces dstv or should inuse my phone as hotspot to stream a movie or show how about when am leaving home. Okay lets say i get a mifi how about the extra data cost. I know these cable repeat movies but for kids catoons i see no other option yet. Thats even why i sub i hadly watch cable unless i want to trick my son thatโ€™s when i act like i watch his catoon with him. For now no other options yet
are you on telegram if yes drop your telegram username let me invite you to our group where we discuss about the alternative I watch anything watchable there

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2023
BigDawsNet:
One thing surprising is that they don't have television in Afghanastan

I think it's because of the Tele-ban

Be greatful cheesy

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Truvelisback(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2023
Mosba:
There alternatives and people need to know that.
What are the alternatives?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by warrenweste(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
smiley

1.Streaming is eating into Multichoice's profits. An Amazon prime and Netflix cost less than 5000 EACH a month for a package that offers you more than what Multichoice can offer

2.The economy is bad, and not just in Nigeria. Multichoice is struggling even in South Africa. In SA, for example, numbers of Premium subscribers are falling.

Yea but streaming consumes to much data

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Raysleek: 9:50am On Dec 09, 2023
blingxx:

Many pple are switching to Internet TV these days, Netflix, Disneyplus, amazon prime.. Trust me cable will die out like blackberry in the next ten years... Gen z don't even like dstv
No be lie
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Truvelisback(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:

Firestick
Smart TV
IPTV
Streaming sites
FTA
Even YouTube
Apart from FTA, others requires subscription.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by AmazingELixir: 9:55am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
smiley

This your analogy is very porous......do you stream on zero data abi your location offer free data.

Netflix subscription plus data cost is a better way to do the comparison.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nairalanda1(m): 9:56am On Dec 09, 2023
Ballmer:
For Nairaland na Igbo billionaire like this clown they wail pass of hardship on behalf of Ronu n Batist as if them no get mouth to speak out. That is how foolish this ipob Jews are.

Meanwhile your APC has been so awful, ronu man cheesy
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Hezzyluv: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2023
occfx:

IPTV, then steal data.. Lol

If I can get what I want (quality) what is data?
Would try it, thanks!
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Jungleluv5: 9:57am On Dec 09, 2023
StraightGaay:
Na mumu dey pay for cable Tv
abegiii teach me now my mumu don do biko
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Ballmer: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2023
Feel free to wail to death you own the prerogative

nairalanda1:

Meanwhile your APC has been so awful, ronu man cheesy

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nairalanda1(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2023
zombieHUNTER:

Shut up there..
Who asked you?
if the economy is bad..not only in Nigeria
then why are you idiots running away from the country.. why not stay and enjoy the emilokan tenure..

You lots must suffer the consequences of your foolery
Ballmer:
For Nairaland na Igbo billionaire like this clown they wail pass of hardship on behalf of Ronu n Batist as if them no get mouth to speak out. That is how foolish this ipob Jews are.

On one thread.

They can't make their minds up who I am grin
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Tonytonex(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2023
VicDs:
Values are fast depreciating.
I remember when gotv used to be for common man
Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/5ZpMW1py52sLyjQZ9
na dollar effect. The Naira is valueless.
Always convert the Naira to dollar to know the real value.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by happney65: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2023
BigDawsNet:
One thing surprising is that they don't have television in Afghanastan

I think it's because of the Tele-ban

Be greatful cheesy

cheesy
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by BadCuntry: 10:02am On Dec 09, 2023
VicDs:
Values are fast depreciating.
I remember when gotv used to be for common man
Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/5ZpMW1py52sLyjQZ9

You this scammer, you keep changing name
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by eepeepook: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2023
I did not sleep well today. Better luck tomorrow.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by frugal(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
smiley

I'm surprised people still use DSTV. I sold my dish 2years ago, and never looked back or miss it. I have a 50mbps unlimited fiber network in my home for N19,500/Mo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Reference(m): 10:05am On Dec 09, 2023
I repeat again.

What foreign investor will come to this country to invest in a hyper inflated economy where the purchasing power of the citizens is withering away. What will they produce that Nigerians can readily afford.

Thus before junketing all over the globe TAME INFLATION FIRST or at least be seen to be fighting the fire, to be fiscally disciplined.

You cannot be talking about reconstruction while destruction is still rampant. You cannot be talking about the cost of plastic surgery when the man is struggling for life, in and out of coma in the burns unit.

If you have decided that the investments you seek is to turn Nigeria into one big export factory where the citizens will only 'see' but not 'eat' of the products and services like Bangladesh and Srilanka, fine.

But then you inject a new philosophy to the country to make the people ready to work slave.

But being a 'work centric' country means a work centric leadership that emphasizes on 'to do' and not 'to contract out' like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other Gulf Arab nations we are lazily apt to copy.

We need a new thinking, a new philosophy to escape the wholesale pauperization of this country which is way beyond the thoughts and ways of the establishment figures in leadership right now.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:05am On Dec 09, 2023
JustPowerApps:
They are pushing to the point where people will no longer sub.The senseless hike in price is fast becoming a trend especially for the incredibly useless Gotv.
The main problem is that as the prices of all these goods and services keep getting hiked, the dumb and insensitive govt are not hiking Income of citizens thereby rendering the purchasing power very very weak and in some cases useless. This is where the problem lies.

Walahi, aswear U won't believe that in Some countries whose exchange rate is similar in value to our naira, their minimum wage is in the million mark 2.0+ million to be specific.

In those countries, their next higher earning class (equivalent of 100 - 300k earners in Nigeria) are collecting like 5-10m, While the minimum wage is still 30k in Nigeria! Tell me why people no go complain of common DStv subscription.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Brendaniel: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2023
Paramount01:

We count you guys serious before until we saw that cyber bullying religious and ethnic card you guys want to pay, I as a person never regret supporting Tinubu because we belive strongly in him, Rome was not build in a day,.on his mandate we shall stand

Keep standing o while his government is failing and falling everyday grin
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by gafsal: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2023
=DevilishMan .....'ve said it before and I'll say it again, only a confam mumu still uses DSTV.

Plenty people are waiting to hear from you, abeg tell us the way out or alternative. Or contact number abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Jackye Says She Is A Virgin / BBNaija: Tobi And Cee-C Kiss And Dance (Video) / BBNaija: CeeC "Tobi Bakre Is 29 Years Old, He Told Me That"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.