Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,744 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:32 AM

Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? (7574 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Toonice(m): 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
Why do people like to Male child as first born? is female child not Good?
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
Do people prefer male babies first? That's news to me. I don't have any preference, all I pray for is a healthy child.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
//
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by iice(f): 7:36am On Nov 01, 2011
Toonice:

For the responsibility that will fall on him and the relief of getting the family lineage going.
In some societies, the reverse is the case
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by mellow(m): 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2011
Somebody that will keep the family name going. It is believed traditionally that female childern will marry and change their maiden name.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by mellow(m): 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2011
iice iice baby. How far Grandma?
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by iice(f): 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
Mellow, longest time cheesy
Grandma dey fine. . .yourself?
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by ImaIma1(f): 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
because many men and families want a male child to continue d lineage.and so women naturally have rest of mind when they hv a boy.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by mellow(m): 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2011
I'm very cool and just been missing you and
Mukinatu
How are you doing really? Many people have really left this.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by iice(f): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2011
We're fine, really smiley Yes they have.
Lets not derail much more smiley
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by unongu(m): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2011
It happens due to the African belief of Lineage, Heir, and Father-Figure. The average African Man is a Chauvinist. Thing are fast changing now, whether girl or boy, a child is a child.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Tonyfrom: 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
I have a special affinity for boys may be because am the only male child and my sisters but child na child SOME are even looking for ONE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Mavor: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2011
All first male born are holy unto the Lord. Exodus 13.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by alakuna: 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
Dats why i appreciate the Yorubas, anyone God gives them is Ok, but the Igbos, they are bent on having male child whereby the wife could not give any, they marry second wife. is it not what the give the woman, the woman produces in return? Abeg next topic. embarassed
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by AmakaG29(f): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
I would want a son primarily to please my husband. Most men want sons to fulfill some desire to see their names carried on. I understand and respect it. I know I want a daughter because of the special relationship I would have with her. It's not wrong as long as you love all of your children. I actually want both sexes so I can know the joys of both. Healthy children are the most important goal I have.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by mellow(m): 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2011
alakuna:

Dats why i appreciate the Yorubas, anyone God gives them is Ok, but the Igbos, they are bent on having male child whereby the wife could not give any, they marry second wife. is it not what the give the woman, the woman produces in return? Abeg next topic. embarassed

Are u ok? This topic does not limit itself to Nigeria alone but cut accross border. Why are you been trabalistic?.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Roland17(m): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
alakuna:

Its very obvious your brain is filled with sand, dumb tribalist
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2011
Mavor:

All first male born are holy unto the Lord. Exodus 13.

Hmmm
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2011
alakuna:

Your thinking process is a worry. I can safely say your tribe should cast you out, least you taint them, and give everyone the impression your tribesmen are all like you.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by alakuna: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2011
Haba, u guys should stop this juvenile abuses because of the post, we are just saying our minds, u shld please be matured abt this whole issue, we r not here to abuse each other for any reason.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Guardian(m): 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2011
Toonice:

You why dey ask which one you get ? Which one u like ?

The sex preference thing is due to our culture. Don't ask futher please !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Basildon1(m): 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2011
it obviously does not mean the female child is not good, lol.

I think it is just traditional sentiments - knowing that there a future man of the house to keep the surname going.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Roland17(m): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
alakuna:

Haba, u guys should stop this juvenile abuses because of the post, we are just saying our minds, u shld please be matured abt this whole issue, we r not here to abuse each other for any reason.
Your dry brain cells did not warn you, u were going to slight people with ur first comment and for the records u don't sound mature enough to decipher mature comments from immature comments. Next time before you make any comment u would read through the lines.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
alakuna:

Stating an opinion is one thing, adding a tribalist slant in a lame attempt to bolster those opinions is unacceptable. And if you can't see anything wrong with your method, then my reasoning you here is a waste of my time. I'd probably get more response if I addressed a hole in a wall, or the back of a bus.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by pkv(m): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
Toonice:

blackman mentality na.wat do u tink?
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by ronkebp(f): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2011
For me, i wanted a girl, my hubby wanted a boy, and he won, so it is all about preference, moreso naturally if you have 2 of the samething, you would want another gender for the third, be it first or last born.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by ps5(m): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2011
For God so loved the world he send his son and he is a male not female grin
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by KacHemNaU(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2011
ps 5:

For God so loved the world he send his son and he is a male not female grin
So u mean God prefers a male child to a female abi? I think u posted this from a remand home.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by Mavor: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2011
There is evidence to show that all the sons of God (angels) are male beings of light. God himself and his Divine Son are male beings. Adam was meant to be alone, but God created Eve as an after-thought due to Adam's loneliness. Check the bible all ye doubters. I am not a male chauvinist, just stating fact.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by nairapark: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2011
Poster, I guess you are a male as your profile suggests so that just answered your question.

cheesy
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by amtheone(m): 10:05am On Nov 02, 2011
@poster

Its Africa way of thinking, most especially in Nigeria. They believe that its only male child that can kip the family flag on, but its not true as we have seen in many cases that male and female are equal.
Re: Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? by oladayo042: 10:36am On Nov 02, 2011
First Born? First Child

So they will name him Junior. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? / How Can I Get Mtn "yello Christmas" Song? / I Don't Know If My Husband Is Cheating On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.