Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,863 members, 7,876,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:05 PM

Hong Kong Student's Tribute To Apple Caused A Worldwide Internet Hit - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Hong Kong Student's Tribute To Apple Caused A Worldwide Internet Hit (1894 Views)

Indian Sand Artist Makes A Tribute Sculpture Of A Drowned Syrian Toddler-amazing / FLIGHTS - Cheap Flights, Great Worldwide Deals - Tourbrokersonline.com / Design Competitions Worldwide: Links And Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hong Kong Student's Tribute To Apple Caused A Worldwide Internet Hit by modnd3(m): 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
[img]http://3.bp..com/-w2AlEp5KEMk/Tq7IBn4Yd2I/AAAAAAAAA20/I_vYupfSUTQ/s400/Apple+Hit-UncleNaira.jpg[/img]

A Hong Kong design student said (weeks ago) he was overwhelmed and felt "unreal" after his sombre logo in tribute to Apple founder Steve Jobs caused a worldwide Internet sensation

The design, featuring Jobs's silhouette incorporated into the bite of a white Apple logo on a black background, has gone viral on the Internet since news of his death.

"I feel so unreal," Jonathan Mak, a second year graphic design student at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, told AFP, after he was inundated with tens of thousands of emails and messages on his Twitter account.

"You don't get to 180 thousands notes without feeling slightly insane," the 19-year-old posted on another microblogging site Tumblr Friday, referring to the messages he has received.

Mak said newspapers in the United States and Germany have contacted him about buying the copyright to use his logo and had received job offers.

"I am flattered by the attention but I would like to focus on my study before taking on any full-time job," said the bespectacled student, adding that he was trying to cope with his new-found fame

Read more >> http://www.unclenaira.com/2011/10/hong-kong-students-tribute-to-apple.html
Re: Hong Kong Student's Tribute To Apple Caused A Worldwide Internet Hit by velo10: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2011
This is truly creative. The boy deserves an award

(1) (Reply)

Promo:3d Animation,motion Graphics,video Editing And Compositing Training / 30-second Time-lapse Video Shows How Photos Are Lying To You / Hyper Realistic Artworks That Are Hard To Believe Aren’t Photographs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.