Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:22 PM

Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective (13771 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by Mcslize: 2:43pm On Jan 16
Muyiii:

Your ordeal is similar to mine. I went for my masters in the UK 2009. I finished in 2010 and I returned to Nigerian despite pleas from my parents for me to stay back and apply for post-study permit. I came back to Nigeria and I was unemployed for good 3 years straight. I was depressed, I eventually left Nigeria and today I’m happy I did. Grown and comfortable in my career, life in general. I’m not advising folks to leave Nigeria but for the average man in Nigeria, it’s a nightmare to succeed. Look around you..the economy has made most youths online fraudsters, high insecurity, drug peddlers, should I go on. Until we have good leaders, nothing will change

They are kidnapping people in Abuja as I am typing this. They are demanding 100 million naira. They have killed 3. Can you imagine? And Op is telling us to stay back in Nigeria.

If I rush enter Op they will say human being is wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by steeltrust: 2:50pm On Jan 16
After ona don vote for bad govt ona go de find who go suffer with ona
Thunder fire you and your family

Dear nairaland if you have the means to japa legally please do

It 1000x worth it
Na wen I come abroad I see say cleaner
Fit waka go car stand buy moto or go bank request for house mortgage and get approved

Japa oh if you can
Japa oh
If ona like de listen to all this Yeye ops them
While your politicians send their children here for a better life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by gaskiyamagana: 3:28pm On Jan 16
Oblongata:
In 2008, I japaad for masters in Uk. On completion I had the same motivation and perspective of the Op so I 'Japaadad' to Naija. Omo, I see pepper. I thank God I retraced my steps. Please the truth is that Japaa if you have the means.
Maybe the writer just got appointment as PA to one of our polticians.

1 Like

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by gaskiyamagana: 3:29pm On Jan 16
steeltrust:
After ona don vote for bad govt ona go de find who go suffer with ona
Thunder fire you and your family

Dear nairaland if you have the means to japa legally please do

It 1000x worth it
Na wen I come abroad I see say cleaner
Fit waka go car stand buy moto or go bank request for house mortgage and get approved

Japa oh if you can
Japa oh
If ona like de listen to all this Yeye ops them
While your politicians send their children here for a better life
Don't mind him.
Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by being(m): 3:30pm On Jan 16
Maxxim:
God punish you
😤😆
Sho! What did he do for u?
Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by gaskiyamagana: 3:32pm On Jan 16
OmoGomesIlorin:
Reconsidering the Call to Japa: A Counter Perspective
Rejoinder to 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#127418405

The recent post enumerating 11 reasons to encourage individuals to "Japa" from Nigeria presents a one-sided view of the situation. While acknowledging the challenges facing the nation, it is essential to consider a more balanced perspective before making such a life-altering decision. Below are my counterarguments to the points presented:

1. Diverse Futures in Nigeria:
The assertion that the future in Nigeria is uniformly bleak oversimplifies the complexity of the nation. Nigeria has a diverse and growing economy, with numerous success stories in various sectors. By actively participating in and contributing to the local economy, individuals can positively impact their own and their families' futures.

2. Access to Quality Life in Nigeria:
Nigeria does face challenges, but it also offers opportunities for a quality life. Investments in education, healthcare, and security are underway, and many individuals are successfully navigating these systems. Emigrating is not the only path to a fulfilling life.

3. Poverty Beyond Borders:
Generalizing that everyone who leaves Nigeria escapes poverty oversimplifies the multifaceted nature of economic challenges. Many Nigerians living abroad face their own financial struggles, and success is not guaranteed solely by leaving the country.

4. Life and Spiritual Fulfillment:
Suggesting that all life and spiritual problems end upon leaving Nigeria oversimplifies the human experience. People's beliefs and challenges vary, and attributing them solely to nationality is reductionist.

5. Prosperity Through Hard Work:
Success is not exclusive to geographical location. Hard work can lead to prosperity in any part of the world. Painting Nigeria as a place where success is only luck undermines the efforts of many hardworking individuals in the country.

6. Japa as Paradise:
Romanticizing emigration as paradise oversimplifies the challenges faced by immigrants in adapting to new environments. Success abroad often requires significant effort, resilience, and adaptation.

7. Trending vs. Critical Decision:
Making life-altering decisions based on trends may not be the most prudent approach. Trends are transient, and considering individual circumstances and goals is crucial in making such a significant decision.

8. Individual Paths and Success:
Labeling those who stay in Nigeria as failures oversimplifies success and happiness. Many individuals find fulfillment and success by contributing to the development of their home country.

9. Due Diligence and Informed Choices:
Ignoring due diligence when deciding to emigrate is risky. Thorough research and understanding of the destination country are essential to make informed decisions that align with personal goals and values.

10. Remaining Population in Nigeria:
Exaggerating the number of people who have emigrated may not accurately represent the current situation. Many Nigerians choose to stay and contribute positively to the nation's growth.

11. Life Expectancy and Mortality Rates:
Associating life expectancy solely with geographical location oversimplifies the factors influencing mortality rates. Health, lifestyle, and access to healthcare are significant contributors that vary globally. There locals who still live above 80 years.

In conclusion, the decision to emigrate is deeply personal and should be based on a comprehensive understanding of individual goals, circumstances, and the evolving landscape of the home country. Painting an entire nation with a broad brush may not capture the diverse experiences and opportunities available within it.
We outside the country just dey laugh, laugh whenever we come across dis kinda heading and blabla under it.

3 Likes

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by Maxxim: 4:25pm On Jan 16
being:

Sho! What did he do for u?
Go back and read his write-up, doesn't it seems like he deserves more??
Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by BigIyanga: 5:24pm On Jan 16
OmoGomesIlorin:
Reconsidering the Call to Japa: A Counter Perspective
Rejoinder to 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#127418405

The recent post enumerating 11 reasons to encourage individuals to "Japa" from Nigeria presents a one-sided view of the situation. While acknowledging the challenges facing the nation, it is essential to consider a more balanced perspective before making such a life-altering decision. Below are my counterarguments to the points presented:

1. Diverse Futures in Nigeria:
The assertion that the future in Nigeria is uniformly bleak oversimplifies the complexity of the nation. Nigeria has a diverse and growing economy, with numerous success stories in various sectors. By actively participating in and contributing to the local economy, individuals can positively impact their own and their families' futures.

2. Access to Quality Life in Nigeria:
Nigeria does face challenges, but it also offers opportunities for a quality life. Investments in education, healthcare, and security are underway, and many individuals are successfully navigating these systems. Emigrating is not the only path to a fulfilling life.

3. Poverty Beyond Borders:
Generalizing that everyone who leaves Nigeria escapes poverty oversimplifies the multifaceted nature of economic challenges. Many Nigerians living abroad face their own financial struggles, and success is not guaranteed solely by leaving the country.

4. Life and Spiritual Fulfillment:
Suggesting that all life and spiritual problems end upon leaving Nigeria oversimplifies the human experience. People's beliefs and challenges vary, and attributing them solely to nationality is reductionist.

5. Prosperity Through Hard Work:
Success is not exclusive to geographical location. Hard work can lead to prosperity in any part of the world. Painting Nigeria as a place where success is only luck undermines the efforts of many hardworking individuals in the country.

6. Japa as Paradise:
Romanticizing emigration as paradise oversimplifies the challenges faced by immigrants in adapting to new environments. Success abroad often requires significant effort, resilience, and adaptation.

7. Trending vs. Critical Decision:
Making life-altering decisions based on trends may not be the most prudent approach. Trends are transient, and considering individual circumstances and goals is crucial in making such a significant decision.

8. Individual Paths and Success:
Labeling those who stay in Nigeria as failures oversimplifies success and happiness. Many individuals find fulfillment and success by contributing to the development of their home country.

9. Due Diligence and Informed Choices:
Ignoring due diligence when deciding to emigrate is risky. Thorough research and understanding of the destination country are essential to make informed decisions that align with personal goals and values.

10. Remaining Population in Nigeria:
Exaggerating the number of people who have emigrated may not accurately represent the current situation. Many Nigerians choose to stay and contribute positively to the nation's growth.

11. Life Expectancy and Mortality Rates:
Associating life expectancy solely with geographical location oversimplifies the factors influencing mortality rates. Health, lifestyle, and access to healthcare are significant contributors that vary globally. There locals who still live above 80 years.

In conclusion, the decision to emigrate is deeply personal and should be based on a comprehensive understanding of individual goals, circumstances, and the evolving landscape of the home country. Painting an entire nation with a broad brush may not capture the diverse experiences and opportunities available within it.

Whole epistle without stats, data and empirical evidence to support your claims.. you go explain taya Lol

1 Like

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by Ombre(m): 7:32pm On Jan 16
This one is testing his writing skills. So flat out watery.

3 Likes

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by Grace001: 12:53am On Jan 17
The writer is called “AJEGBODO”

Sit down there and be encouraging yourself in suffering and smiling way of life Nigeria government has programmed you to live.

Senseless write up, if only you know how people who find their way to sane country where things are working unlease their hidden potential.

Stay there Dey write rubbish. What some of you don’t know is that if you don’t live in these western countries you won’t know how things work.

If only you know how bright the future is, for those who know what you’re doing in countries like America, Canada etc.

2 Likes

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by Grace001: 1:03am On Jan 17
gaskiyamagana:

We outside the country just dey laugh, laugh whenever we come across dis kinda heading and blabla under it.

Same with me, I laugh at their f00lishness. But sometimes I don’t blame them because their brain has been programmed to this suffering and smiling way of life… if only they know what’s up and what they are missing. People like him won’t come here and be writing nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by Hassanmaye(m): 6:35am On Jan 17
[quote author=victorDanladi post=127968737][/quote]
Hahahaha bad guy remove this before seyi see it 😂 grin
Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by ruffhandu: 10:04am On Jan 17
The word I kept seeing in this post is 'oversimplify'
Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by OmoGomesIlorin: 10:16pm On Feb 15
Angelfrost:
This is a new year, yet you Japa and Anti-Japa advocates still don't want to rest.

This level of joblessness and misplaced priority is beyond me.

Well, you guys should keep wasting your time on this nonsense back and forth.

You travel out or you don't travel out, success or failure awaits you depending on your key life choices... Simple!!!

We are not jobless bro, writing passion made me drop my opinion.
Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by OmoGomesIlorin: 10:25pm On Feb 15
HODAnson:
OP, your opinions are valid but I have come to realise that the quest for money and power has killed the conscience and Patriotism in a greater percentage of Nigerians.

All the opportunities you outlined can only work when we have more people with a sense of Patriotism and Consciousness to do the right things. But unfortunately the reverse is the case.

Honestly, the young people that suppose to think and solve Nigeria's problem by setting MSME, go into small to micro-production but choose to be lazy mentally. Food staples are getting expensive because locally-made alternatives cannot be found anywhere.

Ordinary recycling to keep the community clean can turn someone financially stable, GenZ are not talking about it only to JAPA to go and wash toilet over there
Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by Anonimoux: 10:37pm On Feb 15
Anything that doesn't support my japa aspirations is utter bullshitsx and not worthy of my time.

1 Like

Re: Reconsidering The Call To Japa: A Counter Perspective by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:17pm On Feb 15
OmoGomesIlorin:

Honestly, the young people that suppose to think and solve Nigeria's problem by setting MSME, go into small to micro-production but choose to be lazy mentally. Food staples are getting expensive because locally-made alternatives cannot be found anywhere.

Ordinary recycling to keep the community clean can turn someone financially stable, GenZ are not talking about it only to JAPA to go and wash toilet over there

Chochocho open mouth waaa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Students Coming To The Netherlands-things You Should Know / Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 / Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.