Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,959 members, 7,906,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:30 PM

One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. (1645 Views)

Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? / Meet The World’s Largest Family: 181 Members, 1 Man, 39 Wives, 94 Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. by evil666(m): 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
Mizoram, India (CNN) -- The world's population hits 7 billion this week, but Ziona, the patriarch of what may be the biggest family in the world, is not bothered.
"I don't care about overpopulation in India , I believe God has chosen us to be like this (have big families). Those who are born into this family don't want to leave this tradition so we just keep growing and growing," he says with a smile.
Ziona, who only goes by his first name, has 39 wives, 86 children and 35 grandchildren.
Ziona's father, Chana, founded the Christian sect in Baktwang village that promotes polygamy as God's will. "I never wanted to get married but that's the path God has chosen for me," he says. "It's not my wish to keep marrying again and again."
All 160 family members live in a four-storey mansion perched on top of a remote village in the northeastern Indian state of Mizoram.
The state, neighboring Myanmar and Bangladesh, has one million residents, one of the lowest population densities in this country of 1.2 billion. Despite its natural beauty, special permits are required to enter the state, making tourism virtually non-existent.
Guy has 39 wives, 86 kids, 35 grandkids
Four hours away from Mizoram's only airport, in the isolated village of Baktwang, Ziona's bright purple house with 22 bedrooms stands out.
The main room is a giant hall where the family cooks, eats and prays. The bedrooms are dormitory-style with an average of 20 beds, each double bed about a foot apart from the next. The children sleep with their mothers who take turns visiting the 69 year-old's master bedroom.
"There is no discrimination amongst us, he treats us all equally," fifth wife Twangi says.
Ziona first got married when he was 17 to Zathiangi, who is now 70. His youngest wife is 31.
As the eldest wife, Zathiangi calls all the shots in the kitchen so meal times are an efficient exercise.
Without much fuss, while some women of the house cook, others set the table, still others serve and clean.
"We cook 25 kilograms of rice, 40 kilograms of potatoes and 5 kilograms of lentils everyday," Twangi says.

Continue on http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/31/world/asia/india-record-family/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Re: One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. by evil666(m): 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2011

Re: One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. by ektbear: 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
I wondered why the guy and his family doesn't look "Indian" at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizo_people
Re: One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. by Beaf: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
39 wives! shocked
When I grow up, I want to be just like that man.
Re: One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Oct 31, 2011
As long as he can afford to feed, cloth, educate and maintain the family, I don't see anything wrong with his choice in life. I do have a real problem with the millions poor who continue to produce children that they are barely able to feed, let alone educate. That to me is cruel and unacceptable given the situation in much of the world we live in today.
Re: One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. by boneruns(m): 11:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
I wonder why sperm do not finish.
Re: One Man, 39 Wives, 86 Children And 35 Grandchildren. by emiye(m): 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
Something tells me some of the claimed children would be product of "away match" by his wives

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? / Couple Married For 62 Years Die Together... / Nigerian Social Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.