Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,694 members, 7,879,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:33 AM

Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. (39975 Views)

Wike Miscalculated When He Directed 27 Lawmakers To Defect To APC – Edwin Clark / NASS Crisis: Deputy Speaker, Lasun, 25 Reps Hold Plenary Now / Sacked Akwa Ibom Lawmakers Hold Plenary, Install New Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Ekugbeh(m): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
TruthsFM:
this is super story. Wike was heavily helped by GEJ and Amaechi and betrayed the both of them. You will explain tired. Fubara is winning the war hard. Wike should do any how and see any how. Even in the Pdp at the National level, Wike will be expelled from the party. He never see anything yet. He just start.
Wike helped by Ameachi, How, when?
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by TruthsFM: 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
reddingtonblack:

That the offspring of the cobra is what kills the cobra does not the offspring is doing humans any favor or any benefit,

IF it took PdP these long to expell Wike then any sensible human should no ... PDP are not in a good position to expell Wike, they don't have the balls
The reality on ground is that there is no politician in the south at the moment that can provide the kind of support Wike brings to PdP.
Obedients are happy about whatever is happening in rivers but for how long can the governor survive with minority, for how long will Fubara prevent the house of assembly from sitting,

Stil curious to how WiKE betray GEJ, cos 2015 pdp won rivers
Pdp will surely do the needful on Wike as Governor Fubara is dealing with Wike in a sensible way. The clueless empty chest beater Wike has been heavily crushed politically. Governor Fubara is winning the war hard
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by TruthsFM: 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
Ekugbeh:
Wike helped by Ameachi, How, when?
Amaechi Nominate him as ministerial nominee from Rivers State in 2011.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by fxexperts: 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2023
TruthsFM:
this is super story. Wike was heavily helped by GEJ and Amaechi and betrayed the both of them. You will explain tired. Fubara is winning the war hard. Wike should do any how and see any how. Even in the Pdp at the National level, Wike will be expelled from the party. He never see anything yet. He just start.
he go shock una soon. and let nobody come here to cry foul when it starts happening oo..
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by fxexperts: 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
Validated:
These ones are deceiving themselves. Those Edo former lawmakers did more than this. Holding meetings and taking useless pictures.
Any group of people can do that. Just carry mace put for table and be forming "defiance".
Gov Fabara should just start retreiving all government properties in their possession. Next is to demolish the personal house of the foolish "speaker" and "house leader". Then mark all the other members' houses asking them to regularize their properties within 7 days or risk demolition. Others will quickly fall in line. Tinubu and Wike woukd have done worse.

I know Fabara reads me because all recent steps were in sync with my previous posts.

Meanwhile INEC should schedule
G force Inec to reshedule na. one thing i know for sure is this Fubara of a guy has been backed by some heavy weight, most likely the likes of Atiku, Secondus and Amechi. but one thing he doesn't know is that he is only playing into their trap. So at the moment i see two dicey situations before Wike at the moment. One is to influence the supreme court to Remove SIM and appoint Tonye Cole, and if that is done Tonye will never be loyal to Wike as a matter-of-fact Amechi will be brought back as the Godfather of River state. i think this is the game plan by the political heavy weight who hates Wike. But let's see how it unfolds.
Going by the recent happenings, i do not think all 27 lawmakers and Wike can be that foolish to decamp to ApC if there is no undertone for the Supreme court to upturn the governorship election of River state.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Ekugbeh(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
TruthsFM:
Amaechi Nominate him as ministerial nominee from Rivers State in 2011.
mtcheeew, who was he supposed to nominate
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by TruthsFM: 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
fxexperts:
he go shock una soon. and let nobody come here to cry foul when it starts happening oo..
nothing will happen joor. As if this is the first it has happened? Governors that are not coward will continue to deal with their thin godfathers. Things have changed
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by TruthsFM: 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
Ekugbeh:
mtcheeew, who was he supposed to nominate
Ameachi helped him to reached the peak of his ministerial position. But in the end, he betrayed Amaechi and his camp. Wike will be thought hard lessons. Karma will surely backfired.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by ogunsbanjul(m): 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
Fubara will indeed remove their names from state payroll and inform inec of their seats vacant. Mumu, as if the governor has power to do so and as if house of assembly election is conducted by the state rsiec is constitutionally empowered to do so. Olodo rabata.
Lastmessenger2:
These one are just wasting their time. The governor will remove their names from government payroll and make sure that Inec conduct another election in the coming weeks. Let them go to the court and defend themselves.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by tevanso(m): 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
Point of correction, the office they are holding belongs to PDP, so if they are leaving they have to vacate the office, you can't take what belongs to PDP and give it to APC.
yesloaded:
This kind of democracy is not healthy for our country

These law makers have right to decamp to any party of their choice as long as they didn't break any law but they also need to respect the law of the land

If the court declare your seat vacant, you can see redress in the court of law and not taking laws into your own hands

Furthermore, I expect the governor and the law makers to work hand in hands to move the state forward instead of fighting themselves up and down

If government is taking some actions that will not be of benefit to the people of the state, I expected the law makers to make it known to the people of river state instead of all these unnecessary drama

Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Freebills12: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
CilicMarin:
Fubara is really in trouble grin grin

Why not impeach the governor? This is a glorified village meeting. You think their resolution is binding? With the court ruling on speaker, this people are not intelligent.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by ayodiran49k: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2023
You did not finish your statement before you jumped to another paragraph, so did INEC replace the lawmakers in Edo State? Just inquiring for a friend.You did not finish your statement before you jumped to another paragraph, so did INEC replace the lawmakers in Edo State? Just inquiring for a friend....
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Gandrova: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
bestman09:
They should all be arrested for constituting nuisance, disturbing public peace, disobedience to a court order and constituted authority. There seats are vacant now and they can't claim to be house of assembly members of Rivers state anymore.

Fubara should not handle them with kid gloves.
Were they not dully elected in the first place?
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by MomohMrMoore: 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
I dont know the real story inRivers state but the governor has to be impeached. Why should he demolish the assembly house. Just why? They should impeach him immediately

1 Like

Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Ekugbeh(m): 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2023
TruthsFM:
Ameachi helped him to reached the peak of his ministerial position. But in the end, he betrayed Amaechi and his camp. Wike will be thought hard lessons. Karma will surely backfired.
which ministerial position are you talking about
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by patrickcollins: 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
Ttalk:

Anything you people support always fails.
Just like they supported Nigeria and it has turned a failed Country
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Sunday2021: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2023
chrisxxx:

No court has declared their seats vacant. As a matter of fact Edison Ehie the purported Speaker was under suspension by this house before he declared himself speaker.
the court declared him speaker. He is the authentic speaker. A high court says so.
If you are not happy go to court.
For the rebel assembly members, the law is clear on that. "Decamped and lost your seat" that's exactly what the law says.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Sunday2021: 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
pquaver:

Just imagine for 1 second it is Hope Uzodinma or Tinubu that did what fubara did.. Irrespective of the reason this obidients supporting him would have cried blue murder..democracy would have been in danger
This people are queer.. Their value of right and wrong determined by their emontional and sentimental feelings towards who commits an offence. And these are tge people who tell us we made wrong choices in Nigeria.. If obidients tell me to go left, i will go right because i know that will be the direction good for Nigeria..
just sit down and think . If buhari should do what wine is doing to his successor what will be your reaction? If buhari appointed 90% of tinubu cabinet, what will be your reaction? Use your brain to think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Sunday2021: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Indispensable85:
Fubara demolish the whole state, these guys will still be sitting and holding plenary. They're now federal government boys. There's nothing you can do.
their meetings are as useless as used pad.
The supreme court has already declared their seat vacant.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Thinktwicemybro: 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
Racoon:
Of course they know their fate already. This is the beginning of their journey into permanent political oblivion.
Few years ago lawmakers loyal to Adams oshiomole did the same thing but today they are in political Oblivion. These fools here are wasting their time.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Sunday2021: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
Lanre1st:

You observe well, na so Obi become a loser,

But is governor has power to stop legislators from sitting
the court has already done that. They arenot more members of the assembly. The authentic speaker has already declared their seat vacant, and the supreme court has already ruled on that.
They should be arrested for constituting nuisance in the state.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
pquaver:

Just imagine for 1 second it is Hope Uzodinma or Tinubu that did what fubara did.. Irrespective of the reason this obidients supporting him would have cried blue murder..democracy would have been in danger
This people are queer.. Their value of right and wrong determined by their emontional and sentimental feelings towards who commits an offence. And these are tge people who tell us we made wrong choices in Nigeria.. If obidients tell me to go left, i will go right because i know that will be the direction good for Nigeria..
and why are u now supporting wike?? Is wike not rascally too..
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Thinktwicemybro: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
Validated:
These ones are deceiving themselves. Those Edo former lawmakers did more than this. Holding meetings and taking useless pictures.
Any group of people can do that. Just carry mace put for table and be forming "defiance".
Gov Fabara should just start retreiving all government properties in their possession. Next is to demolish the personal house of the foolish "speaker" and "house leader". Then mark all the other members' houses asking them to regularize their properties within 7 days or risk demolition. Others will quickly fall in line. Tinubu and Wike woukd have done worse.

I know Fabara reads me because all recent steps were in sync with my previous posts.

Fubara should revoke the c of o of their houses and demolish it. He should also turn the house of assembly complex to a night club and sell it to a private person.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Sunday2021: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
favor914:
Governor that is fighting for survival? The man is a dead man politically, let him
Keep running from pillar to post, whenever it is time, he will be impeached, & replaced by the speaker of the House.
hahahaa! Keep on dreaming.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Sunday2021: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
imustsaymymindo:
Let's even assume the worst-case and the suspended lawmakers are made to vacate their seats, would there be a re-run that they'd be involved in? If there is a re-run, how won't they win again with the kind of rigging we saw the last time in Rivers with the presidential?
the Governor Will now be in charge of the rigging.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by HeadlessMob: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
Validated:

Many of you are just commenting without thinking. Fubara will lose this war because Wike will use the Law up to the Supreme Court to deal with SIM. You are here comparing Tinubu with Buhari. There were so many things that went unchallenged during Buhari which Tinubu as a politician will not tolerate. Just wait and see
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Sunday2021: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
Benwallt:

Subara or Fubara will be gone by January. A friendly governor to River's people will emerge
gerrout!!! Go bring your mama to emarge.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by reddingtonblack: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
TruthsFM:
Pdp will surely do the needful on Wike as Governor Fubara is dealing with Wike in a sensible way. The clueless empty chest beater Wike has been heavily crushed politically. Governor Fubara is winning the war hard

Lemme start by asking, how much of FUBARA do you know ?
I am not the type that under estimate or write people off But the fact remains Fubara is a Known protege of wike,
As it stand Wike has numbers, allies, FG backing and more influence over the people of River compared to Fubara ..
I remember how some people were dancing the minute they heard Peter Obi won Lagos ... early goal no be final score
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Validated: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2023
badoh:

See how you deh run mouth as if you're the governor. Some of you think na by gra-gra. Fubara is not taking decisions alone, he has some political heavyweight he's consulting that are telling him what to do, no be this your online suggestions.

Cry well well make them hear you.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Validated: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2023
HeadlessMob:

Many of you are just commenting without thinking. Fubara will lose this war because Wike will use the Law up to the Supreme Court to deal with SIM. You are here comparing Tinubu with Buhari. There were so many things that went unchallenged during Buhari which Tinubu as a politician will not tolerate. Just wait and see

Nothing go happen. Governor is fully covered with immunity. When Tinubu was changing deputy like wrapper what did OBJ do to him?
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Ray369: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
PDP has firmly Controlled Rivers State Since 1999, it's the political stronghold of PDP since 1999, from Odili to Omehia to Amaechi to Wike and Now Fubara. The state controls the East for PDP... Wike took the steps which made Amaechi an outcast... definitely Wike is now an outcast to the good people of Rivers State...He doesn't have a say..you can see in the eyes of these honourables they want their place back in Fubara's Government which he won't agree with them easily because they are Wike's political tools..they cant be accepted back in easily...most of them came in via PDP and can't defy their leaders because they all ha e agreement but Wike turned everything to chaos thinking he can mislead millions of people in Rivers state...they ain't gullible to do such. I feel Wike's overdo actions has come to an end and his political career has ended ...Fubara is the New face of the State and the likes of Odili, And Omehia are behing him with many former Senators and leaders since 1999, they can't let go of their state government to a Yorubaman...Wike is a dicot.
Re: Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. by Justnation: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
This is a gathering of jesters deceived by wike.
Keep fooling yourself the bus has left you behind.
Fugbara is fully in charge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / Dino Melaye’s Recall Verification Results / Tijjani Mohammad Bande Emerges New UN General Assembly President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.