Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,368 members, 7,900,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

Police Rescue Four Abducted Anambra Siblings - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Rescue Four Abducted Anambra Siblings (276 Views)

Security Operatives Rescue Four Children Maltreated By Aunt In Anambra / Baby Factory Owner Flees As Anambra Police Rescue Four Pregnant Girls / Police Rescue Man From Jumping Into Lagoon On Third Mainland Bridge. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Rescue Four Abducted Anambra Siblings by chymer(m): 8:04am On Dec 17, 2023
In a swift and determined operation, the Anambra State Police Command successfully rescued four siblings who were abducted by suspected herdsmen.

The rescue mission, initiated upon receiving distressing information, culminated in the safe return of the children to their grateful parents.

The harrowing incident unfolded on December 15, 2023, around 23:00 when the police at Abagana received an urgent call through the police hotline, alerting them to the abduction of four children from a family residing in Achalla village, Enugwu Agidi, in the Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Tochukwu Ikenga, the command’s spokesman, detailed the unfolding events in a press statement issued on Saturday.

Ikenga recounted the mother's chilling account, stating, "The family was watching television at about 10 pm when the light suddenly went out. The man of the house went out to find out what was amiss, and the wife followed him. They observed three gunmen suspected to be herdsmen and fled for their dear lives. By the time they summoned the courage to return to the house, they discovered that their four children who were already asleep had been abducted by the gunmen."

Full Story:

https://naijaupdate.ng/police-rescue-four-abducted-anambra-siblings/

Re: Police Rescue Four Abducted Anambra Siblings by immortalcrown(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2023
I thank God for the safety of the siblings. May God bless the police, if the rescue of the children was not heavily funded by the children's parents.

Herdsmen are mentioned in the post but there will be no uproar against the North on this thread. If IPOB is the accused, the entire Igbo race will be roasted here. In fact, the police would have arrested some Igbo youths and labelled them the kidnappers. But none among the herdsmen that move freely in the South East has been arrested concerning this incident. I will continue to lay this emphasis on threads like this as long as events in the South East are treated differently on this forum. If you like, quote me from now till tomorrow, you cannot silence me.

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue Four Abducted Anambra Siblings by Oxb90: 8:16am On Dec 17, 2023
Congratulations Nigeria police.
I wish news like this would be what we are going to be reading and hearing from them.

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue Four Abducted Anambra Siblings by shagasha: 7:03am On Dec 18, 2023
Daddy and mummy no even reason children before dey "took off"... lolsss
I understand how they felt though, thank God the children were rescued if not the guilt would hunt them for a very long time

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue Four Abducted Anambra Siblings by Lovemeharder(f): 7:32am On Dec 18, 2023
Thank God!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JAPA: Nigeria Can Exploit The New Trend To Earn Foreign Currencies — Bauchi Gov. / Can I sue For Racial Profiling In Nigeria / Revealed: Identities Of Police Officers Ambushed, Killed In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.