Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,909 members, 7,927,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria (45685 Views)

10 Reasons YOU Should NOT Japa From Naija / 11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Niok: 11:49am On Dec 25, 2023
Mumu
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2023
kazyhm:

You're naive........most of these immigrants do contribution (known as ajo in Nigeria) to meet up..

Let analyse the footballers......
Why did j j okocha, victor ikpeba, Sunday Olise, oruma etc relocated back to Nigeria after their football career in these attractive countries ? What is the population of the foreign footballers are listed rich...... don't forget how much they're reportedly earning weekly.........

The only consolation for Nigeria abroad is the exchange rate...... don't be naive.
Of course, Okocha and the like are made and can decide to retire anywhere they like. They're not struggling to afford a bag of Rice with meager salaries And their liquid assets are banked in hard currency. If I'm in their shoes, na My village I go even stay.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Father4all: 11:51am On Dec 25, 2023
Rubbish
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Ishmilo: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2023
Where's our politicians children and where's is the jobs in Nigeria... when they've monopolize everything in the country we all have.. my brother, I'm waiting for that opportunity to come first...

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by santaclaws: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2023
Helgreenluv:

Bros go and sit down. I started travelling out of the country probably before you were born. I should be schooling you. You know nothing. You are a perfect definition of an ignoramus! Jahili

LOL it is well with you... 🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2023
Menclothing:
Japa if that’s your dream
But whan you Japa and you can’t afford to buy a house in Nigeria after 10 years it’s a waste of fruitful
Years of Japa

If you earn 2m in Nigeria don’t Japa you should travel for holiday only

You better than someone who earn 5000 dollars abroad
People earning 2 million per month are in the far minority. Even at that, some are still moving.... That's less than 2,000 USD.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by UnfairLife7(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2023
Helgreenluv:

They'll learn the hard way
your prayer points in Nigeria is their reality abroad

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Itiskdg121(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2023
I will believe all you write if you can swear with your life that you've never cut corners or cheat the system.

Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

1.) It's More Easier To Be A Dollar Millionaire/Billionaire In Nigeria:

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

10.) Cost Of Living Is Cheaper:

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

11.) No Rat Race Or Extreme Taxation In Nigeria:

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by scrupulousblog: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Do your diligence before travelling. Ensure you have a lucrative job before you travel.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by hardcore007: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lol
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
IF NIGERIA is truly better at raising kids, who is then responsible for these Adults and Kids conducting widespread Jungle Justice across Nigeria.

No day passes without hearing cases similar to that of Deborah, even in higher institutions.
Just at the mere screaming of Thief, humans in Nigeria roll out Tyres, petrols and their phones.
Who own those Kids and Adults.?
Are they also part of the well nurtured kids.

Are our politicians well raised?
Are our Clergymen well raised?
Who is truly well raised in Nigeria?

Sometimes you Guys come up with baseless facts in the midst of ravaging fire.
With the rise and normalisation of Yahoo And hook-up.... I wonder what sort of well-raised kids do that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ishmilo:
Where's our politicians children and where's is the jobs in Nigeria... when they've monopolize everything in the country we all have.. my brother, I'm waiting for that opportunity to come first...
Don't mind them. They should tell that to those millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets daily

Even their corrupt leaders and children have dual citizenship

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2023
I didn't actually read the explanations but i grab the headlines, seriously if you have means to travel, travel abeg, apart from getting good life over there traveling is a very good teacher, you will know more about life, there are alot experiences to gain positively

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Clean2016: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: Matrix.

DON'T BOTHER WASTING YOUR TIME
THEY WILL NOT LISTEN AND HAVE MADE UP THEIR MIND ON ILLUSIONS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2023
Difrent:

My bro you exaggerated all these claims.

I live in a place where I have average of 15 to 22 hours electricity and I know lots of people who live in places with 247 electricity. It snot that bad again things have improved in some places . With time we will get there

It's foolish to be subscribing dstv when you live in a place without stable electricity... Blame yourself .

Government is not accountable for tax revenues so the next thing is for citizens to leave the country in droves..... look for another excuse
You mean like less than 5 percent of the population living in gated estates? Try harder... You don't judge an economy by the living standard of the elite.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by yinkbell: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2023
Basicend:
If you have the opportunity and God is not leading you to stay in Nigeria, you can japa o.

But God showed me that Nigeria will regain her balance later. I am very certain of this, and those that held it's pillars in the trying times will give direction and earn authority in the stable season.

God never lied to me. It will take a lot of strenght and clarity to stay now, so go, if you don't understand the mysteries of the spirit.

You are saying the truth sir.
God is gracious to Nigeria.
Nigeria sha be great again. It may just take us few years; 7yrs or less for things to start taking shape.

Let's continue to remember our nation in prayers!
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2023
getat

spits

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
ceejayluv:

With the rise and normalisation of Yahoo And hook-up.... I wonder what sort of well-raised kids do that.
don't mind OP

An average Nigerians are into cyber fraud, popularly known as Yahoo Yahoo. Even hookup. If you're not part of these, they literally see you as a fool that will end up poor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by esemes256: 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
What the OP wrote is about 30% fact and 70% falsehood.
About insecurity, I will encourage the op to take a road trip around Nigeria for about a week, then come back and update his assessment of insecurity in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
Kingrshd3:

Japa and learn hard way if u think d grass is greener over there ..

Ask urself how many japarians have made billions like Otedola Wizkid Dangote I am waiting
For every wizkid, there are 10,000 Nigerians that don't even know if they'll eat today.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by knightphoenix: 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.
I'm an Igbo man but for me to be president in my own country is forbidden despite my race's trademark in business success. If Obama wey be Kenyan become president of America. Wetin I dey do for here.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2023
Piroty:

Being a graduate doesn't guarantee anyone a job,i think most Nigerian undergraduates should know this by now. Get a skill early enough
At least not the One of joblessness being the norm. Getting a formal Job in Nigeria has always been a prayer Point for the majority.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by UnfairLife7(m): 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2023
NwaliE01:
OP, I wouldn't argue with you.

I made more than my 2 years annual salary in Nigeria weekly abroad. I finished our 17 years abandoned building project within 4 weeks. My kids attends the best school and we pay their bills without sweat. I now drive my dream car. I never dreamt of driving 2023 model car, but here I own one to my name to the Glory of God. Abroad is not for everyone but OP shouldn't discourage you. Abroad is challenging neither is Nigeria without challenges.
One of the best decisions I made few years ago is relocating abroad.
Your prayer points at home are our realities abroad.
Aptly said

3 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Desusi: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

6.) No Racism:

Yeah,you're great, you cannot tell me you have not stayed with these white imperialist by saying all these. It takes an individual who0 had lived with them to 'SEE FINISH'. None of your arguments can be relegated or overlooked. I salute you my brother. When you tell them these, they see you as enemy of progress.We need more of you to make this country better and great. I have personally experienced them all. God bless marvelously.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Jostoman: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
Dey there dey deceive your gullible
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by UnfairLife7(m): 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Piroty:

Being a graduate doesn't guarantee anyone a job,i think most Nigerian undergraduates should know this by now. Get a skill early enough
why can't they get a job after graduation? what are the responsibility of the government? why is Nigeria different? or you think US or Canadian graduates are jobless like we have here?

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by vacanci: 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lifeinlight:
Tell us one Nigerian in US and Canada that can't afford ordinary 3 square meal like we have them littered in Nigeria?

I have couple of them that we contribute money and send to for them to even offset bills. One other one even went to Australia and I personally was requested to assist in rent. If u probe further about this, I will screenshot evidences but will try to cover the details for Identity protection

But I still want to know any one Nigerian in abroad who is a billionaire and made it to Forbes list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Britishpea: 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
santaclaws:
Not a bad idea to have a contrary opinion on Japa, but your claim that Nigerians youths moving to other countries is an act of cowardice is definitely an unreasonable statement.

You didn't take into account that so many people have been struggling in this country even before the economic issues. A lot don't have jobs in Nigeria despite being graduates and most employed people are underpaid.

If the youths aren't cowards, they should stay over and allow visionless politicians, poverty and hyperinflation ruin their lives? Or betterstill, they should take up arms and challenge the government so that they can die for nothing... 😒

Your post is so meaningless and holds no water. There have always been economic woes in Nigeria. Almost all musicians of the 60s and 70s sang about it. People have started japaing since time immemorial in Nigeria leaving behind what thr current generation is inheriting and the future ones will meet the crumbs, if the japa continues. The few people who were able to confront the govt then are the ones leading us today. Why? Because they know that the percentage of people who think like you are about 85% so they believe that people like you want to be fought for and won’t join the fight hence, you are not worth the sacrifice.

Since people have been japaing how many of them have made a lot of money? They only japa only to come back and start politics in order to make good money by looting again. They join the system they ran away from years ago. Nigerians are selfish people. They only complain when it doesn’t favourthem. If not, why would someone run abroad because the politicians are corrupt only to come Back 15 to 20 years later and join the same politicians he detested so much
You don’t want then to be killed because they are fighting for a right cause? Would politicians start giving good governance without a revolution of the youth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by oneMalik: 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
That's what the man is trying to correct .

those who has the means should think and create jobs rather than selling properties worth millions in the name of JAPA.

na Mumu habit !

with 3million naira in Nigeria today no mater the economy you're a CEO.

then think about other analysis from the writer .

santaclaws:
[b1]Not a bad idea to have a contrary opinion on Japa, but your claim that Nigerians youths moving to other countries is an act of cowardice is definitely an unreasonable statement.
[/b]
You didn't take into account that so many people have been struggling in this country even before the economic issues. A lot don't have jobs in Nigeria despite being graduates and most employed people are underpaid.

If the youths aren't cowards, they should stay over and allow visionless politicians, poverty and hyperinflation ruin their lives? Or betterstill, they should take up arms and challenge the government so that they can die for nothing... 😒

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by jimcaddy(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
If you like say this from January 1st to December 31st, many Nigerians have determined that they won't listen and it's because "you don't have money to japaa, that is why you're saying all this". Just because Chukwudi went abroad and was successful, it means that if "me too I go, I must be successful in life". This misconceptions Nigerians have is so myopic and there is nothing you will tell them that they will listen. So the best advice is they should save their life savings and go and start afresh in another man's land, then they will see with their own eyes. They no dey tell person.. na your eyes you go take see am. Shebi when you concert the money to naira, na big money na.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Maobichek: 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2023
FalseProphet1:
If you don't Japa you would regret it.

This I have seen.

Hahahaaaa!!! I wonder who the OP want to deceive with this thread?

Most current government officials and former government officials (presidents, governors, Senators etc) all have houses in the Western world. Most of our known clergy men have homes in the Western world also but the poor masses should remain here and continue suffering what those leading/ruling us caused.

Anyone who see a genuine opportunity to travel should do so and will be happy that he/she did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Emirates Airline Introduce Diamond Coated Aeroplane (photos) / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.