Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,704 members, 7,889,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:27 AM

Now That Nairaland Is Back. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Now That Nairaland Is Back. (850 Views)

Why Is It That Nairaland Men Hold A Different Perception Of Women? / How Well Do You Know That Nairaland Moniker?? (photo) / Mention That Nairaland Moniker You Would Love To Meet In Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Nairaland Is Back. by FalseProphet1(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2023
Now that Nairaland is back. @ Seun, there are a few things I would like to suggest.

1. Tribalism. If Nairaland didn't support bigots, Nigerians on Twitter would have since been dragging the host company that disconnected you. I know Nigerians for that. They can unite to protect their own. But the whole Nigerians on Twitter were just accusing Nairaland of bigotry. What a shame.

You have to work on this. You keep claiming that Nairaland is the biggest forum in Africa when a quick visit to the site would show how decayed it is.

There are Super mods here who encourage tribalism. If you keep shielding them, they would ruin this your website for good.

It took a foreign company to block your website because of abuse. This means that your so called super mods saw that abuse and ignored it. Likewise yourself.

2. Negligence. This is one of your attributes. You barely response to complains on this forum. You even admitted that it took you 14 hours to respond to the abusive report but was saying that the abuse team should have resolved it within 2 minutes. Isn't that funny? If you want your issue to be resolved within 2 minutes, you should learn to attend to members complaints within the same time frame.

If you want Nairaland to grow, don't overlook any kind of complains. Cos constant negligence would lead to a repeat of what just happened.

3. Inactive mods. I made a report on one section then checked the mod there and discovered that the mod was last seen about 4 years ago. Seun what happened to your mods? Back in the days, there used to be debates on Nairaland. Now that we're in December, all the mods would organize best poster of the year award for each section. Mr and Mrs Nairaland...etc. today, nothing is going on...most sections are just dormant.

Look at this romance section, all the females have been bullied out of here. During the days of sexillz, could this happen. I knew he was a hot head, but there was order in the romance section. Today it's something else.

Stop neglecting Nairaland...if you need more hands speak out. Cos now that people know that they can actually report you to a foreign body and something would be done, trust them to do so.

This is your business, don't let anyone spoil it for you.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by Coder2Client(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2023
Honestly, your number 1 point is what makes the platform really fun and interesting.

Remember, It depends on the Context!

2 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by FalseProphet1(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2023
Coder2Client:
Honestly, your number 1 point is what makes the platform really fun and interesting.

Remember, It depends on the Context!
How does abusing one's tribe make Nairaland fun and interesting?

4 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by spencekat(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2023
Good points from the fake prophet.

6 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by shox(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2023
There’s been a ceasefire since the last few days.

Let the war begin 😁😁

4 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by fidelmarshal199: 9:42am On Dec 21, 2023
You guys keep talking bout tribalism as if it's the mods that are responsible for it, Whereas it's the mindset of many Nairalanders,

if the mods want to block everyone on this site engaging in it, they will have to block more than 60 percent of the users here. which isn't good for the site.

Most of the act you called tribalism here mostly happens on twitter too but why are you guys not calling out Elon musk to tackle it for you.

8 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by superintendents(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2023
FalseProphet1:

what have you seen in the near future..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by Coder2Client(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Is it now they have been doing that?

Has it resulted to physical assault or caused fight on the streets?

Everything ends here. So, relax.

1 Like

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by 1Sharon(f): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2023
Thought it was just me!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by ikeno(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2023
Well-spoken, there are some sections i don't visit because of the level of tribalism that goes unchecked.

1 Like

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by Emma513: 9:59am On Dec 21, 2023
TRUE PROPHECY FROM FALSE PROPHET
Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by ThaFirstLady: 10:01am On Dec 21, 2023
The tribal slurs and denigrating of the Nigerian girl child and women must be curbed. It is worrisome, even alarming what is done and said here about the Nigerian Woman. Seun should do something fast about these anomalies.

2 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by EmperorCaesar(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Sadly I don't take nairaland serious.

Do you know seun prefers to stay active on Twitter 24hrs of the day than on nairaland? This is to tell you that the guy doesn't even care about nairaland and it users.

Those so called tribalist super mods, if seun is serious he knows what to do about them. Esp that one they call myn.d44

Guy rest
NL is barely 13hours back yet u are already commenting and still saying u care less about it

As for the mods, I've been banned more times attacking Igbos than I habe been banned for anything

At a point, I once thought Beremx was dating a mod as i got banned on 4 diff occasions just for attacking her, so much that i had to call her out and sweat not to attack her again

No mod here is a tribal bigot, in fact, according to psychologists, the fact that u easily recognise a tribalistic mod means even u are a tirbal bigot

3 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by Beremx(f): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Guy rest
NL is barely 13hours back yet u are already commenting and still saying u care less about it

As for the mods, I've been banned more times attacking Igbos than I habe been banned for anything

At a point, I once thought Beremx was dating a mod as i got banned on 4 diff occasions just for attacking her, so much that i had to call her out and sweat not to attack her again

No mod here is a tribal bigot, in fact, according to psychologists, the fact that u easily recognise a tribalistic mod means even u are a tirbal bigot
Oga, since this year I have only reported to the mods twice, the current one just last two weeks. Instead of reporting to the mods, I rather fight back and I always get banned in return. Sometimes I ignore too.
Probably someone who loves me very much is reporting on my behalf grin grin
Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by LooneyLester: 10:46am On Dec 21, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Sadly I don't take nairaland serious.

Do you know seun prefers to stay active on Twitter 24hrs of the day than on nairaland? This is to tell you that the guy doesn't even care about nairaland and it users.

Those so called tribalist super mods, if seun is serious he knows what to do about them. Esp that one they call myn.d44

See you in 2033
Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by FRIYOPATRICK(m): 10:47am On Dec 21, 2023
The truth is bitter, Nairaland have been hijacked by Yorubaland.... I'm not from the east but the bashing on the eastern ppl is too much... Any abusive comments should be removed and the person should be permanently banned...

6 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by Gbadugbakun(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2023
Beremx:
Oga, since this year I have only reported to the mods twice, the current one just last two weeks. Instead of reporting to the mods, I rather fight back and I always get banned in return. Sometimes I ignore too.
Probably someone who loves me very much is reporting on my behalf grin grin
Hmmm. Madam trouble well-done o. 😏
Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by Kharol1234: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
Make who na repent from TRIBALISM

1 Like

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by Haynnie: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
False prophet you never foresaw the shutdown of NL earlier. What were you doing?

2 Likes

Re: Now That Nairaland Is Back. by Gbadugbakun(m): 7:56am On Dec 22, 2023
1Sharon:
Thought it was just me!!
Hi wink

(1) (Reply)

Sold!!! Beta Deal!! Superb Laptop For Sale / Men Only! / I Failed Woefully On Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.