Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,843 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:58 AM

Which Is Better Between "Ministering To Saints" And "Providing For Saints?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Better Between "Ministering To Saints" And "Providing For Saints?" (68 Views)

My Throwback Picture Ministering In Church As A Child / Expose Evil. Another Message To Saints In Babylon. / Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better Between "Ministering To Saints" And "Providing For Saints?" by PCHC(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
GOD PROVIDED AND CLOTHED THEM

[Genesis 3:21]
Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them. [NKJV]

And the Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and He clothed them. [BSB]

In this Bible verse above, God did two things for the man and his wife:

1 God made for them garments or coats of skins;

2 God clothed them with the garments He made for them.

The two deeds may be very related or supposedly seen as one act, but there's difference between God providing your clothes and God Himself clothing you with them. There's greater honor and fashion in God clothing you and your wife/husband Himself, more than God providing the clothes for you to clothe yourself. It's like a promotional ceremony of military officer, wherein a superior dresses the man who's receiving the promotion or higher rank.

Some said God would not do for you what He has empowered you with ability to do yourself or do for yourself: but I do not fully agree with that.

Infact, there are things God gave you ability to do yourself or for yourself, which you should not still do yourself or for yourself but seek/wait for God to do them for you no matter how much power and ability you have to do them for yourself. One of those things is "Exalting yourself," another is trying to save your own life against lose it for the Savior Jesus Christ. It's not in whether you would successfully do them yourself and for yourself but in the reality that unless the Lord builds a city those who build labor but in vain. Adam and Eve fell because they were deceived into trying to do for themselves the knowledge of good and evil or becoming as the gods, against waiting for the Lord to make them and make for them what they needed or desired.

Nevertheless, I am not sure Adam and Eve could make for themselves garments of skins at that stage, neither am I sure on they could put on the garments God made for them by themselves without God's help. Let us yearn for this from God above all our homes on earth — To be clothed by God Himself with garments of immortality, rather than with garments of skins as Adam and Eve were in the Bible verse above. To be clothed with garments of skins makes people susceptible to things that penetrate animal skins as the animals; but to be clothed with immortality makes people become immortal or be like the angels of Elohim rather than the animals under skins.

[2 Corinthians 5:3-5] — "If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed on, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now He that has worked us for the selfsame thing is God, who also has given to us the earnest of the Spirit."

Here are the two basic points in this commentary:

1*1 — Seek God to clothe you with immortality or eternal light above God clothing you with skin or flesh.

2*2 — Seek God to minister to you above God providing for you. He's not just "Jehovah Jireh" but also the Minister.

In the spiritual realms, providing is different from ministering; and somehow, more honor is given to the people who minister above the people who provide. It is not, "I was naked you provided clothes for Me (as a provider);" but this, "I was naked you clothed Me (as a minister)." It is not, "I was hungry you provided food for Me (as a provider);" but this, "I was hungry you fed me (as a minister)." It is not, "I was thirsty you provided water for Me (as a provider);" but this, "I was thirsty you gave Me drink (not just gave Me water, but gave Me drink of water or any drink as a minister)." It is this, "I was sick, in prison, etc, and "you ministered to Me" not "you provided for Me."

You must differentiate between "Ministering to the saints" and "Providing for the saints." God made for them garments of skins (Provided for them), and God clothed them (Ministered to them). Pastors and Teachers are to feed the Flock/Sheep, not just to provide food for the them. It's not enough for the parents to provide the food for the baby, but they have to feed the baby the baby because the baby may not be able to feed on the food provided. Imagine God called me to be a teacher of His Word, and at the end of my assignment I stand before Him and in giving account of my ministry I tell God that I bought and shared thousands of Bible and Christian Books to people who could read, instead of feeding them I provided them with the food packages for them to feed themselves. Is that actually an "Account of my Ministry?" Is that not instead an "Account of my Goodworks or my Charity/Generousity?" Ministry is different from Charity works or Goodworks: Your Ministry is your Services, not your Provisions or Offerings. I am not just giving you foodstuffs, I am feeding you.

There churches that celebrate those who give fatter offerings and Provisions above those who minister in songs, minister in serving the table, serving food, servicing the church, sweeping and cleaning the church, church workers etc. But in the kingdom of God, those providing services (ministering) to the saints are giving greater honor than those who sit and receive the services but only give the greatest offerings, provisions, donations, etc.

(1) (Reply)

The Christian Strategy For Success / God And Your Work (2) / A New Year, A New Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.