Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,523 members, 7,948,023 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch (553 Views)

Edo State Two New Refineries Begin Production, Increased Capacity To 300,000 Bpd / Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Operations This Friday / Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by SharingIsLife(m): 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2023
The Federal Government, on Thursday, confirmed the commencement of operations at the Port Harcourt Refining and Petrochemical Company in Rivers State. It announced that the facility commenced operations on December 20, 2023, as the first phase of work at the plant had been completed, adding that refined petroleum products would start flowing from the refinery after the Christmas break.

The government had earlier in the year repeatedly stated that the Port Harcourt refinery would begin operations before the end of 2023.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, who led members of the Refinery Steering Committee to inspect the facility, congratulated the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited and Nigerians in general for the feat.

Nigeria's refineries in Port Harcourt, Kaduna, and Warri have been dormant for decades, as the Federal Government has spent several billions of naira to revamp the facilities.

"The meeting today coincides with the commencement of operations at the Port Harcourt refinery,” Lokpobiri stated at the refinery.

He added, “This is to announce to Nigerians that in fulfillment of our pledge to complete phase one of the Port Harcourt refinery by the end of 2023, and the subsequent streaming of phase two in 2024, we happily announce the mechanical completion of flare start-up on December 20, 2023.

This heralds the commencement of the production of petroleum products after the Christmas break. We want to thank Nigerians for their patience and trust in the NNPC to deliver on our promise and mandate in the rehabilitation of our refineries.”

Also, the Group Chief Executive Officer, NNPC Limited, Mele Kyari, said the employees of the company worked day and night for over 9.6 million man-hours to get the refinery back on stream.

On April 7, 2021, The PUNCH reported that the NNPC officially signed a contract with Tecnimont SPA for the $1.5bn rehabilitation programme of the Port Harcourt Refining Company.

Source: https://punchng.com/port-harcourt-refinery-begins-operations/?amp

Nlfpmod

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by SharingIsLife(m): 8:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
grin grin grin

This heralds the commencement of the production of petroleum products after the Christmas break.

PRODUCTION is yet to start, but this newspaper said that OPERATION has started. What is operation without production? Why not wait until production starts before you tell us that operation has started. Beware: This looks like an attempt to media-manipulate Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by LeoDeKing: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
Dem right now.

I mean enemies of state.

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by AqualinaXYZ: 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Dem right now.

I mean enemies of state.

Why would they be in pain?

Is PH now a Yoruba land?

Face your brown roof region
Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by SharingIsLife(m): 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Dem right now.

I mean enemies of state.
Friend of the state, I hail thee. Are you buying fuel cheaper now because of this newspaper story? Dem Don manipulate your forefathers and now you for decades. When are you going to grab some🧠?
Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by Kenochi(m): 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
At this point,I must commend the NNPCL and take back some of the things I said about the Port Harcourt Refinery
It seems that they have decided to do the right thing and I must congratulate them on this great feat
I noticed a little reduction in the price of petrol in my area and I was told that all petrol stations are trying to sell off their stock as they were informed that the Refineries will soon start giving out refined products
Congratulations to Asiwaju for sticking to his guns,this is just the beginning of a New Nigeria
I want to encourage Nigerians,2024 will usher in new opportunities and only prepared people will take advantage
Get yourself a property today at the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub,home to Lekki Deep Sea port,Free Trade Zone and Dangote Refinery
Check my signature for more details

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by Ikaeniyan0: 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
Potopoto people no go sleep well tonight

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by SharingIsLife(m): 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Potopoto people no go sleep well tonight

Yes you're right. Only potopoto brain people will sleep well because of the bliss of ignorance. Have you ever seen a goat that worries about political problems?
Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by Ikaeniyan0: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Yes you're right. Only potopoto brain people will sleep well because of the bliss of ignorance. Have you ever seen a goat that worries about political problems?
Are you from potopoto republic?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by deji17: 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Nice!

Paul planted & Apollo watered......... reason for the harvest!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by gebest: 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
We just prayed it should not be breaking down like national grid.
Re: Port Harcourt Refineries Begin Operations - The Punch by Mynd44: 5:41am On Dec 22, 2023

(1)

Yoruba Youths Urge Tinubu To Put Zamfara State Governor On Watch / Names Of Most Popular Ijaws On Nairaland. / Statisense Have Been Breaking Some People's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.