Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:46 PM

History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War (13229 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Live Photos Of Biafran Soldiers Storming DSS Headquater In Lagos / Photo Of Starved Nigerian Children During The Biafran War / Gunmen Kidnap 84-yr-Old Ex-biafran Soldier, Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by estatemark(m): 9:49am On Nov 03, 2011
Thank God the truth is coming. I consider this as one the few gains of our democracy!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by onyengbu: 10:00am On Nov 03, 2011
I have downloaded and burned these vids on a CD.

Someday, it will be needed!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by iyeyemi: 10:06am On Nov 03, 2011
Men, to think i was just thinking of how a movie on the biafra war would look like in the cinemas. But with all this fractious and scary debate am now thinking doing such a movie could precipitate the second civil war. Nairalanders, you guys scare me all the tyme with all this vile insults!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by Dereformer(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2011
This is what Gowon did to my beloved brothers and sisters. His state is indeed facing Karma presently.

I bet you Plateau state has not seen anything yet. The Hausa/Fulani must make that land desolate.

No Igbo man or Woman should pity Jos when brim stone from the Hausa/fulani starts raining there.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ugotuf(m): 10:33am On Nov 03, 2011
My heart bleeds on this!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2011
Wat I dnt get is the essence of this video n debate?.is to mock or to pity?
Becos people die in wars, its a win or lose affair,
This video can never deter the BIAFRA spirit.forward ever backward never!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:
Quote from: lagcity on Today at 03:48:33 AM

War is messy. That's why I always tell these NL teeny boppers that they need to use their heads, not hearts.

If this ever happens in Ekiti, I'd prolly become a serial killer until I'm content.
But we won our war sha. Ekiti parapo war, well planned and well carried out

A typical yoruba with lousy mouth making, can u compare ekiti meagre crisis to biafra war.
We r talking about a civil war here n u r foolishly talking abt a mere protest.
Ignorant idoits!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by revomind(m): 11:24am On Nov 03, 2011
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by Gbenge77(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2011
Too bad.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 12:02pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ojukwu is a hero, well respected by the igbo race, Biafra a country the igbos desire to have,free from marginalization and tribalism,
There r some historic people n events that can never be erased or ignored, never!
The igbos OJUKWU is one n BIAFRA is second, well respected and admired.
I am proud to be associated with the igbo race,
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by member479760: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
Yes, lets continue going back, it will really help to achieve the dream of going back. Good morning Biafra.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by chmod777: 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2011
Did Ojukwu participate in the coup, NO
Did the innocent civilians participate in the coup, NO
Who did ?
Why was it not handled military gang versus military gang ?
Did Ojukwu ask for war------- NO
Did he discourse for a peaceful exit when it be came really bad to coexist--------- YES
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by Wallie(m): 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2011
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

I think a movie or documentary, with no expense spared, chronicling historical facts of that era should be made. But the Nollywood producers and financiers are too busy with movies with no depth!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2011
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by Wallie(m): 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2011
GenBuhari:

^
Try my thread Nigerian history:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.0.html

But there's nothing more captivating than a well written documentary or even a movie adopted from real life events. Think about how the movie Blood Diamond showed the world how diamonds are tainted with blood of innocent children. This way, the director has the opportunity to tell the story from someone's perspective. I still remember watching Things Fall Apart as a kid.

The truth is that if we don't tell our stories to understand our past, it will be very hard to have a future. People go to war, whether rightly or wrongly, because they feel aggrieved and the issues won’t be settled until "we" see through the eyes of the aggrieved person.

I really think that MASSOB should fund a $10 million+ well written documentary or movie by a well respected director. I think that the director should be a foreigner so that the film will have a balanced view. Your thread could serve as a starting point to research the movie.

I also thing the same should be done for the Niger Delta region.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by sheyguy: 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2011
chmod777:

Did Ojukwu participate in the coup,  NO
Did the innocent civilians participate in the coup,  NO
Who did ?
Did he discourse for a peaceful exit when it be came really bad to coexist--------- YES

Did igbo nation condenm the coup act ? . . . No.
before the coup was carried out igbo had 73% of top positions in Nigerian army, by killing the few Northerners and westerners, what did they mean? before the war Igbosss made enemy and even when the war broke out they made no attempt to attract friend rather they tried to manipulate the world by creating harsh condition that will attract sympathy of the out world.
biafran struggle was a series of mistakes caused by pride and ego of those at stake.. Ojukwu manipulated u guys thru ur pride for too long, Igbos Open ur eyes. swallow ur pride, admit the truth, and move forward.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2011
sheyguy:
Quote from: chmod777 on Today at 12:59:09 PM

Who did ?

before the coup was carried out igbo had 73% of top positions in Nigerian army, by killing the few Northerners and westerners, what did they mean? before the war Igbosss made enemy and even when the war broke out they made no attempt to attract friend rather they tried to manipulate the world by creating harsh condition that will attract sympathy of the out world.
 biafran struggle was a series of mistakes caused by pride and ego of those at stake, Ojukwu manipulated u guys thru your pride for too long, Igbos Open your eyes. swallow your pride, admit the truth, and move forward.

Bia if u don't have any wise thing to contribute here u can jst open ur mouth n close it repeatedly instead of this "I must contribute" nonsense u jst wrote here.
So u want the igbos to open their eyes to do what exactly?, despise OJUKWU or BIAFRA.
Hail to OJUKWU!!
Hail to BIAFRA!!!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by dayokanu(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2011
The coup was Military guys like Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna, Nwobosi etc vs Civilians like Akintola, Balewa and Bello etc.

Some of these civilians were even killed in their bedrooms with their wives. Meanwhile Okpara and Azikwe were left out.

That is the root of tribalism in Nigeria

When you decide to kill other regional leaders, Dont let yours escape
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
ezer:

*Ileke-IdI:

War is messy. That's why I always tell these NL teeny boppers that they need to use their heads, not hearts.

If this ever happens in Ekiti, I'd prolly become a serial killer until I'm content.

[b]A typical yoruba [/b]with lousy mouth making, can u compare ekiti meagre crisis to biafra war.
Ignorant idoits!

A typical Igbo, lousy mouthed, internet warrior. I see you.

Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by manny4life(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2011
Wallie:

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

I think a movie or documentary, with no expense spared, chronicling historical facts of that era should be made. But the Nollywood producers and financiers are too busy with movies with no depth!

I know right smiley smiley, that will be awesome because a lot of confused folk on this forum need to learn the truth. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by emmke(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
Dereformer:

This is what Gowon did to my beloved brothers and sisters. His state is indeed facing Karma presently.

I bet you Plateau state has not seen anything yet. The Hausa/Fulani must make that land desolate.

No Igbo man or Woman should pity Jos when brim stone from the Hausa/fulani starts raining there.

lol pity plateau? Who needs ur pity? Igbos are killed here in plateau just as much as the indigenes. And u should also understand that we dont just sleep and watch the hausas. We hit back, far harder than they do us, ask any of ur igbo friend or sister/brother living in plateau (they are still here despite been slaughtered for a fight they know nothing about). It's the igbos that should be pitied. They died enmass during the biafran war and they are still being killed in jos, kaduna and anywhere were there is unrest (igbos getting killled over stuffs that have nothing to do with them) i think it sux to be igbo sometimes
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:
Quote from: ezer on Today at 11:15:50 AM

*Ileke-IdI:

A typical yoruba with lousy mouth making, can u compare ekiti meagre crisis to biafra war.
Ignorant idoits!

A typical Igbo, lousy mouthed, internet warrior. I see you.

Listen am not igbo but proud to be associated with them because they r non-lousy,not lazy,aren't mouth makers and aren't tribalistic,
But tribalistic yoroubas like u jst come here to show ur bigotry,arrogance n illiteracy in a 21st century.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by iyeyemi: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2011
I STILL THINK THERE ARE TOO MANY UNDER AGED PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.EITHER THAT OR THERE ARE TOO MANY CHILDISH PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY! Na wa! Enough with the back and forth already
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2011
iyeyemi:

I STILL THINK THERE ARE TOO MANY UNDER AGED PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.EITHER THAT OR THERE ARE TOO MANY CHILDISH PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY! Na wa! Enough with the back and forth already

Very childish, I must say.

Most of them are on a scale of 1-10
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2011
@Video
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2011
emmke:
Quote from: Dereformer on Today at 10:15:24 AM

lol pity plateau? Who needs your pity? Igbos are killed here in plateau just as much as the indigenes. And u should also understand that we dont just sleep and watch the hausas. We hit back, far harder than they do us, ask any of your igbo friend or sister/brother living  in plateau (they are still here despite been slaughtered for a fight they know nothing about). It's the igbos that should be pitied. They died enmass during the biafran war and they are still being killed in jos, kaduna and anywhere were there is unrest (igbos getting killled over stuffs that have nothing to do with them) i think it sux to be igbo sometimes

I disagree with u.I think it sucks more to be in jos n even worst to be an indigene of plateau.
How can u claim to be an indigene of a state yet another man who is jst an immigrant slaughters n takes over ur land from u, it doesn't happen in igboland, the igbos who are killed in other states are those who happen to be on the wrong place at the wrong time.
But the plateau indigenes are in their righful place n the rightful time n yet slaughtered enmass, mba mba!!,
If I were u,I wud burry my head in shame.if u dnt take time jos wud be renamed by the hausa/fulani n given an islamic name, so keep being watchful cos wat d press report all the time is disheartening.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
iyeyemi:

Very true, I often wondered that myself too.
But again everyone wants to be heard.so its a free world,
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2011
The thread itself is childish and aimed at tribalism, what has the BIAFRA war got to do with anything now,
I still don't get the aim of the video in the first place.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by phreakabit(m): 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
In due time, In due time. . . . .
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by sheyguy: 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
ezer:

sheyguy:

Who did ?

biafran struggle was a series of mistakes caused by pride and ego of those at stake, Ojukwu manipulated u guys thru your pride for too long, Igbos Open your eyes. swallow your pride, admit the truth, and move forward.

Bia if u don't have any wise thing to contribute here u can jst open your mouth n close it repeatedly instead of this "I must contribute" nonsense u jst wrote here.
So u want the igbos to open their eyes to do what exactly?, despise OJUKWU or BIAFRA.
Hail to OJUKWU!!
Hail to BIAFRA!!!

like i said in my post this pride and manipulation thing is still affecting u guys, u r a typical xample of a manipulated Ibo. keep wasting ur time denying the obvious truth.
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by ezer(m): 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2011
sheyguy:
Quote from: ezer on Today at 04:20:59 PM

sheyguy:

Who did ?

biafran struggle was a series of mistakes caused by pride and ego of those at stake,  Ojukwu manipulated u guys thru your pride for too long, Igbos Open your eyes. swallow your pride, admit the truth, and move forward.

Bia if u don't have any wise thing to contribute here u can jst open your mouth n close it repeatedly instead of this "I must contribute" nonsense u jst wrote here.
Hail to OJUKWU!!
Hail to BIAFRA!!!

like i said in my post this pride and manipulation thing is still affecting u guys, u r a typical xample of a manipulated Ibo. keep wasting your time denying the obvious truth.

I don't have to deny anything, its so glaring to see.even u can see it too that's y ur trying to persuade igbos not to honor OJUKWU.its so clear to see that the igbos honor,respect n admire OJUKWU n the BIAFRA dream, so keep yapping trash cos it aint gonna change a thing.
Hail to OJUKWU!!!
Hail to BIAFRA!!!
Re: History Lessons: Some Unseen Videos Of The Biafran War by nagoma(m): 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
I pity those innocent souls but war has always been like that and will remain so , very cruel.Please check the war records of the Europian civil and tribal wars ( popularly called world wars) , worse atrocities happened. The atom bomb in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not meant to kill just soldiers but all people actually all generation , adults, the old, the women and the children. It was meant to kill all animals to kill the crops the land and the environment. And it did all that. War is not a civilized occupation and the five Igbo majors should not have started their ethnic cleansing mutiny.

It is important to note that the Japanese did get on with their lives and actually achieved as much development as the conquerors , even better in many ways. Do you realize that Japan is a major ally of the US? Just go on lamenting , gudging and pitying your selves for what you don't fully understand and will never,and hatred is not a solution - ask the Japanese, ask the Germans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Arraign Dino Melaye On March 1 / 442 Lagos Bus Drivers Take Cocaine —LASG / Nigerian Killed In A Carjacking Incident In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.