Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,941 members, 7,980,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:45 PM

"Men Don’t Like 'overly Successful' Women" - Ini Edo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Men Don’t Like 'overly Successful' Women" - Ini Edo (200 Views)

Temmie Ovwasa: Nigerian Men Don’t Deserve Free Sex, Aways Charge Them / Teebillz: Real Men Don’t Shave Their Armpit – Tiwa Savage's Ex-Husband (Pix) / I’d Be Worried If Men Don’t Make Passes At Me - Uche Elendu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Men Don’t Like 'overly Successful' Women" - Ini Edo by chymer(m): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2023
Nollywood actress Ini Obong Edo has offered her perspective on the dynamics of relationships, asserting that some men perceive "overly successful" women as threats to their traditional role as heads of the household.
According to Edo, men often gravitate towards women they can easily "control" and who exhibit submissive qualities, a sentiment she shared during the latest episode of Toke Makinwa's podcast.

Edo delved into the challenges faced by strong and successful women, noting that their strength can be intimidating to some men.

She expressed, "Some men are threatened by women’s strength. Because we can come off as if we are doing too much. First of all, you’re a woman, you’re beautiful, you’re here and there…"

The accomplished actress went on to highlight the societal expectation for women to adhere to traditional roles, emphasizing that men often prefer women who conform to these expectations.

"Naturally, men want to see you [women] not so overly successful just so that they can pull you around, you can be the woman, cook and clean and do all the basic things that they’ve grown up to know is expected of women," she stated.

Full Story:

https://naijaupdate.ng/men-dont-like-overly-successful-women-ini-edo/

Re: "Men Don’t Like 'overly Successful' Women" - Ini Edo by eepeepook: 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
She’s not one I will classify as accomplished. I’m yet to see her in a foreign production.

(1) (Reply)

Female Sekx Counsellor Openly Shares Her Erotikka Video For Men To See / Davido Unavailable Gets Certification In UK / Pimples On Lipline: The Fastest Ways To Get Rid Of Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.