Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

Sewing Machine Saga - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sewing Machine Saga (219 Views)

Madam Orders Her Apprentices To Fan Her While Sewing (Video) / Stop The Ongoing FIRS Promotional Examination Saga - Aggrieved Staff / Anyone That Want To Sell Sewing Machine Should Pls Contact Me Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sewing Machine Saga by Faithumoh(f): 5:10pm On Dec 23, 2023
Good afternoon Nlanders.My name is Faith. I started learning dressmaking few months ago along our street at my madam's shop cos when it comes to dress making,no doubt she's a pro. The training fee was #60,000 and money for drink and other stuff was #5000 making everything #65,000 in which I paid #45,000 to balance#20,000. I started going for the training which I put 1year n 6month,I had no sewing machine and I told my madam about it and she was ok you can use my old sewing here,I was so grateful to her and I was learning smoothly within those past months.
On my fourth month in her shop,she started exhibiting this strange character towards me,I was like what's wrong?,faithy have I offended this woman in any way that she hasn't told me about it? I ignored and concentrated on my purpose in her shop. It was 2wks later that had to tell me that she needs her balance and i should get my own sewing machine and stop using hers so that I will not spoil it,that the handwork I'm learning she won't benefit from it that it would be my family and I only so if I want to learn how to sew,I should my own sewing machine. She kept on telling me things,I was like "eeeh lyk dis pesin just de para for pesin on top wetin I no sabi",as a good girl I kept to watch her do the talking. After all the said and done,Ma told me as I'm coming to work tomorrow, I should come with her money or I stay back until l have the money my sewing machine that she won't be able to teach me without my own machine. When we had closed for the day,I and my other colleagues (3 of them)and I making us four in the shop,they told madam was never happy about me using the machine at first because she doesn't joke with machine that it's too expensive now, it's only because my mum is her customer and all these girls has their own sewing machines,I was the only one left behind.
So since this december started,I haven't gone to work and I have missed out on all dresses she made during yuletide season and my parent aren't financial capacitated due to the fact that a huge sum of money was spent on my mum when someone kept fetish thing in her farm and her two legs were swollen, not quite long,thieves broke into my parent's shop,carted away everything including the plastic chairs, drinks from the freezer etc. My parent run a restaurant/bar. So this 2023 has been a troubling year for me. I've been at home with nothing to do if not nairaland is my companion that I run to when I feel depressed.
Re: Sewing Machine Saga by Hollercopy7(m): 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2023
Sorry for all these you went through faith

I think it's time for you to learn a high income skill.

I believe you've been hearing about it
Re: Sewing Machine Saga by Faithumoh(f): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2023
It's nothing. Life goes on.

The high income skill you talked about,what are they?

(1) (Reply)

Healing Balm For Your Career / Just Got Disown Now By My FATHER / Internship At Fmc Umuahia Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.