Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,254 members, 7,964,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 08:57 AM

Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever (5399 Views)

Seyi Makinde Pays December Salary Today, 17th / Re: Prepare For Delay In December Salary (Disclaimer) / Delay In December Salary: FG Warns Civil Servants To Prepare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by ItisWell22(f): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
Brenbentondiaz:

Maybe you're talking about private sector, or probably the Ivorien civil service. I am working in the public service, and I've never received my salary earlier than the 28th of any month. Lolz.

You dey mind people wey just join civil service?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by newnig: 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2023
missjekyll:

It is a right. All over the world, December salaries are paid earlier due to Christmas
This is not true.
BTW, which countries have you worked in before?

You lots will just come here because it's a faceless forum and be spewing gibberish.

In 2022, December salaries also came after Christmas. Heavens didn't fall.

Listen to the young man, paying you before Christmas is a privilege and not a right.

Muslim faithfuls did not receive their salaries until after Eid el Kabir 2023 too.

You all should stop whining. Entitled lots.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by newnig: 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
emmatony:

Remove the Saturdays and Sundays this month. Have you worked for 20 days?

You have explained my point yourself.
Let them keep shooting themselves in the foot. Over 70% of civil servants in Nigeria are lazy, docile and always waiting for freebies before the due date.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by MrProlific95: 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
newnig:
Let them keep shooting themselves in the foot. Over 70% of civil servants in Nigeria are lazy, docile and always waiting for freebies before the due date.
Lucifer will be proud of you lots walahi

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by MrProlific95: 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2023
newnig:
This is not true.

You lots will just come here because it's a faceless forum and be spewing gibberish.

Listen to the young man, paying you before Christmas is a privilege and not a right.

Muslim faithfuls did not receive their salaries until after Eid el Kabir 2023 too.

You are a very big Liar
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by DiamondPant(f): 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
Congratulations to the federal government properties.
For those of us in the private sector, I guess our story is different.
My December salary came in on the 16th.
My end of the year bonus (80% of my gross) arrived on the 18th.
I am now waiting for my 13th month (my full gross untaxed).
The holiday is bae!!
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by newnig: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2023
MrProlific95:
You are a very big Liar
Noted. Counter me with proofs or crawl back into oblivion you little demon

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by newnig: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2023
MrProlific95:
Lucifer will be proud of you lots walahi
Is that the best contribution you can bring to an intellectual conversation? Thank you for confirming my assumption about most civil servants.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by newnig: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
DiamondPant:
Congratulations to the federal government properties.
For those of us in the private sector, I guess our story is different.
My December salary came in on the 16th.
My end of the year bonus (80% of my gross) arrived on the 18th.
I am now waiting for my 13th month (my full gross untaxed).
The holiday is bae!!
Only those in A-list MDAs and few B-list can relate. Most of the other civil servants are just like you asserted "federal government properties" that the government treats as they wish. But then, most of them offer little or no service commensurate to the remuneration they even receive. Visit 80% of the MDAs offering direct services to the public and you will be disappointed. Dedication to work and customer service is poor or non existent.

I am also a public servant.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by MrProlific95: 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
newnig:
Noted. Counter me with proofs or crawl back into oblivion you little demon
What proof, wen you offered non to make your assertion, what proof do tou want
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by dettolgel: 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
emmatony:
Sometimes I am ashamed of Nigerians. The entitlement is just too much. Suppose the government pays you before any festival that's just a favor and not a right. Salaries are paid at the end of the month and not before a festival. Let's understand this and stop blaming anyone for our lack of proper planning.

To a large extend you should be embarrassed for yourself. I don't think you thought this through.

The question should have been what is written either in their contracts or employee handbooks or any document where payment method and manner of payment are discussed?

If the FGN did not provide clear instruction to civil servants in terms of how much, when and method of payment, then the government is not transparent and should be ashamed of itself.

I worked in a private sector in Nigeria and it was written in my contract that I will be paid on the 25th of every month but if 25th falls in a weekend or on a holiday that I will be paid on the last working day preceding the weekend or holiday that 25th falls in.

I have also been opportuned to have worked in two other continents outside Africa, in my contracts it was also clearly stated when and how my monthly salary will be paid as well as bonus and 13th month.

So please before you go about spreading half-assed information or insulting people always remember to ask the right question.

To those complaining please what is written in your contract/employee handbook/manual in terms of when you are supposed to receive your salary?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by dettolgel: 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2023
emmatony:

Remove the Saturdays and Sundays this month. Have you worked for 20 days?

You have explained my point yourself.

Why would he remove Saturday and Sundays if I recall correctly most agencies calculate wage based on month work (irrespective of how many work days are in the month), how do you thinks? Now I see why our leaders are getting away with anything when there are people that reason like you grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by Jonjam269: 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
Obirodents lamentation thread. Losers

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by MrProlific95: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2023
If this government poo and tell this miscreants to eat they will eat it with great Joy even a slave will do better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by missjekyll: 1:49am On Dec 25, 2023
I was paid on the 21st. Christmas is a public holiday thats why pay day was moved back. Happens throughout the year too. If payday falls on a weekend, they pay early never late.

Tinubu has failed.
newnig:
This is not true.

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by missjekyll: 1:54am On Dec 25, 2023
What the heck is Alist and Zlist ministry?dem dey discriminate for inside hellfire too?

Hian , you better carry your shoulders down . Dat bread you de use boast, na person get the bakery
newnig:
Only those in A-list MDAs and few B-list can relate. Most of the other civil servants are just like you asserted "federal government properties" that the government treats as they wish. But then, most of them offer little or no service commensurate to the remuneration they even receive. Visit 80% of the MDAs offering direct services to the public and you will be disappointed. Dedication to work and customer service is poor or non existent.

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by tiwasiaife(m): 3:57am On Dec 25, 2023
emmatony:

Most of you are uncultured and that is why you just insult people the way you like. You work for the month and you should be paid at the end of the work. The kind of mentality I see here is the reason we can't make progress as a nation.

Salaries are paid all over the world before festive period
Even Saudi Arabias paid on 22nd December.
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by newnig: 4:26am On Dec 25, 2023
missjekyll:
What the heck is Alist and Zlist ministry?dem dey discriminate for inside hellfire too?

Hian , you better carry your shoulders down . Dat bread you de use boast, na person get the bakery
Your ignorance smells like rotten pork. Ask politely and you will receive education.

BTW, who dey carry shoulders between you and I? E be like say malaria don damage your cerebrum.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by FairM0neyL0an: 4:48am On Dec 25, 2023
KillingJoke:
You can take this quick alternative
are you a troll?
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by IchKampf: 7:41am On Dec 25, 2023
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by a4cube: 8:19am On Dec 25, 2023
emmatony:

I laugh at you for calling me illiterate. I have the highest academic qualifications in the world. You have not said anything but insulted people. Can't you people make your point without insult? Who is in the zoo now? I pity people like you
"Who is the Zoo" is ZOO suppose to be a person? Highest educational qualification bawo!!😁😄😃😀.
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by a4cube: 8:28am On Dec 25, 2023
newnig:

It's only a fuuulish and incompetent govt or organisation that keeps workers who are not dedicated to the job.
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by freemanq(m): 8:57am On Dec 25, 2023
Next level
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by newnig: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2023
a4cube:
It's only a fuuulish and incompetent govt or organisation that keeps workers who are not dedicated to the job.
As if the Labour party activists disguised as NLC will let government retrench workers. If the government decides to sack employees that are not ICT compliant alone......hehehehe
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by Lastmessenger2: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2023
emmatony:

For your information, I have traveled and worked in some countries. I am currently in Germany. So I know what I am telling you.

I won't say anything again. You people can take FG to court for not paying before Christmas.
you are in Germany? Stop lying today na Christmas
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by a4cube: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2023
newnig:
As if the Labour party activists disguised as NLC will let government retrench workers. If the government decides to sack employees that are not ICT compliant alone......hehehehe
Useless excuse. If you cannot sack them then pay them.
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by emperor4love(m): 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2023
emmatony:

For your information, I have traveled and worked in some countries. I am currently in Germany. So I know what I am telling you.

I won't say anything again. You people can take FG to court for not paying before Christmas.
salaries are paid bfr that date travel out nd see fr ur sef nd experience as well
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by missjekyll: 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2023
newnig:
Your ignorance smells like rotten pork. Ask politely and you will receive education.

BTW, who dey carry shoulders between you and I? E be like say malaria don damage your cerebrum.

I Don talk my own close mouth. Mr alist ministry worker. I nukwa nnu
Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by Okwyjesus(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2023
emmatony:

Most of you are uncultured and that is why you just insult people the way you like. You work for the month and you should be paid at the end of the work. The kind of mentality I see here is the reason we can't make progress as a nation.
You may be right but it's ethical to pay before 25th. It has been the tradition.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: December Salary To Be Paid After Christmas First Time Ever by ivandragon: 9:04am On Dec 26, 2023
The issue of paying Federal Workers salary before 25th December is neither here nor there.

Given the ambiguities in the PSR on salaries, the FG is not obligated to pay at a certain date or time as long as it pays on or before the last day of the month (and it doesn't even necessarily have to be a working day).

A sensitive government would however ensure payments before such festival or holiday especially given the dire situation public servants find themselves as a result of the thoughtless and insensitive policies instituted by the government.

However, what should be most pertinent is the payment of the wage award. If salaries were not going to be paid before 25th December, that's OK. But why not pay the arrears of the wage award?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy / modifiedd / Reno Omokri Has Been Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.