Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,745 members, 7,879,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:32 PM

Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. (3540 Views)

Aggrieved PDP Reps Member-elect Write President Buhari / Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria / US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by yemmight(m): 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2007
It was a shock, grief when the news of assassination of Segun Oladimeji, a member of the house when the filtered the city of Ibadan, for about 3 hours, the Governor could not hold back the tears. This also the issue of Security in the country. If a House Rep member could just be murdered just like that, how much of ordinary citizen on the street. This is not too good for our democracy.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by tboy1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2007
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by yemmight(m): 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2007
It was a shock, grief when the news of assassination of Segun Oladimeji, a member of the house when the filtered the city of Ibadan, for about 3 hours, the Governor could not hold back the tears. This also the issue of Security in the country. If a House Rep member could just be murdered just like that, how much of ordinary citizen on the street. This is not too good for our democracy.

Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by toba1909(m): 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2007
That serves him right,he was Adedibu's political son,he rendered alot of children fatherless in his Local Government(Lagelu) during the primary elections that make him a rep.The general election also went in a war like in Ejioku and its environs,the election case is being heard presently in the tribunal,my believe is that "what goes around comes around".Imagine the foolish governor lopening wide his mouth to proclaim 10M on whoever fish out the culprits,10M wasn't placed on Bola Ige's & other prominent Nigerians murderer,why this Segelu of a thing.He should please spend the state money wisely.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by lovemajek(f): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2007
rip
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2007
You see, this is what happens when we have lack of proper democracy.

In a proper democracy, Presidents can be assassinated, Judges can be assassinated for their decisions, but Representatives cannot.

The answer is simply because in a true democracy, Representatives and Senators have no power of personal decision making in Government.

When a Representative wants to make a decision in the National Assembly, he consults with the people of his constituency and they tell him what they want, which is what he ultimately votes.

In such an instance he is merely a messenger carrying a message. Whosoever does not like the message will not gain by killing the messenger because a replacement will be found who will still carry the very same message from the same people.
Therefore, in true democracy, it makes not sense to kill a Representative. It makes no sense to even bribe them or blackmail them because the matter is not in their hand.

But what do we have in several so-called Democratic countries we have today? A situation where a Senator or Representative can just make a personal guess or offer his personal opinion on a matter of national importance which requires several hours of meditating and debating among elders, group and union leaders in his constituency.

As long as they have allotted themselves personal power to make decisions, they will have to fear those who do not like the decisions they make.

So now it's become a true democrat or risk assassination, blackmail or corruption (the last of which I don't think they mind very much).

I feel no pity for a messenger who gave himself the authority to determine what the message should be. He has borne the consequences. Lessons must be learnt and change must come.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by chidichris(m): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2007
those who live by sword must surely die by sword.
i will reffer efcc to approach the gov for offering 10 million for whosoever fish out the killer of the house member. how many people died in the same manner before him and how much was spent to get the killers?
is he more important than others.
please, nigerian robbers and killers shld concentrate more on our leaders because they are the ones who send them into the streets.
it is possible that the gun that killed this man was bought by him maybe during his campiegn.
bye - bye my brother at least u have gotten your share of the national cake.
i think ghana revolution shld have serve nigeria well if we can arrange such so that at the end of the day, people will be afraid to be leaders intead of killing others to rule as our obj will say it is a do or die affair. how can serving the people be a do or die affair?
shame unto u pdp
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Mamajama(m): 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2007
I think its time to allow Nigerians license to carry a weapon. This senseless killing is getting out of control. PSO to ONdo state Governor was killed in broad day light, and that investigation is still pending.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2007
We would really like to know where mr Akala got that N10 milion from. Is he also one of those governors that were billionaires before they took public office?

Or in the event that it is not his personal money he is throwing away in such a fashion, then would like to know who approve the said amount, and from what budget.

Is it the savings made from slashing down the minimum wage in Oyo State that he is now using to finance this Reward?
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by knotty(m): 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2007
toba1909:

That serves him right,he was Adedibu's political son,he rendered alot of children fatherless in his Local Government(Lagelu) during the primary elections that make him a rep.The

shall we then say R I P to him?
REST IN PISS grin grin grin grin
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Mamajama(m): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2007
denex he is not the 1st governor to offer reward for information that can help solve a case. Tinubu and AGAGU did the same and the sum was !
10 million as well. There is nothing wrong with offering a reward t information that can help solve a case this is comming out of the miscellaneous budget of the state. Will you rather they pay 10 million to entertain visitors of to solve a murder? The governor as the chief executive officer of the state is also the chief security officer of the state. they have to secure their states.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2007
@Mamajama

I am not saying Akala should not put in efforts to help in solving a crime. What I am saying is that this is a democracy and things should be done democratically. Did the State House Of Assembly approve that amount of money?

Tinubu himself committee that kind of misdeed, but we should be improving with every new government, not going back to repeat the crimes of the past.

Would you advise Yar'Adua to find one small town to wipe out just because same happened during OBJ's tenure?

We can't go back anymore. Let's move forward.

Nigerians do not require N10 million to report a callous crime. If there's any decent law abiding citizen who knows about the murder, they will call the police free of charge.

Since Governments have been placing rewards for information on murders, how many murderers have been caught this way?

When somebody is assassinated these days, Government officials begin to put up all sorts of outstanding sums just to assert their innocence in the matter, rather than to really catch a criminal.

In fact, the N10 million reward is suspicious.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Afam(m): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2007
denex:

We would really like to know where mr Akala got that N10 milion from. Is he also one of those governors that were billionaires before they took public office?

Denex,

One can easily have you for lunch for asking this type of question. His sins may be many but I don't think there is anything wrong in the N10M reward.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2007
@Afam

this money is part of what is allocated to the care of Oyo State and the people of Oyo State.

It is the people of Oyo State, through their State House Of Assembly, who will decide whether they want to spend N10 million on information for solving this case.

This same Akala reduced minimum wage in the state in light of shortage of cash. N10 million will increase 4000 Oyo state workers' salary by N2500.

My simple question is, if it is State Government N10 million he is planning to use in solving the case, who authorized it? Or does he think a state of emergency or Martial Law has been declared in Oyo state that would allow the Executive Governor to be making state decision according to his emotions or how many tears he shed?

Enduring long under military rule, and viewing USA dictatorship as democracy has really twisted our understanding of what democracy should be.

Some idiot Governor should try this in India, China or Japan if she/he will not rue the day they were born.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Iman3(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2007
@Denex & Afam

You sure say no be Bush kill am? grin grin grin
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2007
Dem no dey know finish O! Afterall Bush don warn us say Al-Amriqqah terrorists go soon strike Naija.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2007
Segelu has gone (gruesomely) to his reward. Let all our ruling kleptocrats note that the REVOLUTION is almost here.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by chidichris(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2007
pls tell the gov to remit the 10 mil in my account as i know the person who killed the guy.
that gov is the biggest idiot of our time. he is insisting it is a political killing and then?
how many political killings have been going on in the state.
a man is down on his side now and he is about using the state's funds to look for the killers what about the opositions that have been dying.
from the way, the gov and adedibu are crying, i am suspecting the duo because u cannot trust the mafian business.
maybe the guy bleeped up so they decided to Bleep with him so close pals shld tell the son of the dead killer to stay away from the gov and adedibu so that they will not fall him as well.
the good news here is that all those guns pdp imported for elections thugry are working so i know we are yet to see the end of this pdp mafian business.
in fact, i want to mention the killers so the gov shld be ready to pay 10 million to me - AND THE KILLERS ARE THE THUGS HE HIRED DURING ELECTION BUT DID NOT PAY ACCORDING TO THEIR AGREEMENT.
agents shld tell them to pay my 10 million bcs i want to be a millionaire nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2007
Don't mind the slowpoke. A N10 million reward melanged with crocodile tears will not remove them from the radar of suspicion.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Mamajama(m): 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2007
This kind of reward is even common in a developed nation like USA< so what are you guys fussing for. We should be looking for ways of curtailling this kind of crime and not talking about the damn reward. Reward is an incentives to get a crime solved and its practiced all over the world.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2007
Developed my arse! Next thing you will ask us to establish nudist beaches in Nigeria because they exist in "developed countries" thank you very much.

The fact that a Governor can offer 50000 as reward without due approval does not mean that we in backward Nigeria should now imbibe such a primitive attitude.

Na their papa personal pocket money?
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by doyin13(m): 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2007
My statement is a bit uncalled for

but jeez rather the politicians than ordinary citizens
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by PawPaw3(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2007
He got what he deserve, though I personally don't advocate these things, but some blood needs to be spilled to help the motherland.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2007
Nemesis will catch up with all of them. He how lives by the sword dies by the sword. Maybe he forgot to pay his thugs and they turned on him.
It is wrong to rejoice with the death of others but people like that deserve a fate worse than death.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Mamajama(m): 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2007
4 arrested over Rep's murder
By Ola Ajayi
Posted to the Web: Monday, September 17, 2007

*Oyo offers N10m for clue

IBADAN — FOUR persons have been arrested by the police in Oyo State in connection with Friday night's murder of Representative Olusegun Oladimeji (Lagelu/Akinyele Constituency), according to the State Commissioner of Police, Prince Udom Ekpoudom.

Rep Oladimeji was killed by two gunmen, who trailed him to Ejioku, near the party office of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) around 9.30 p.m.
The state police boss, who did not give the names of the suspects for security reasons, told Vanguard on phone that, those helping the police in their investigations was a man, who accompanied the slain politician from Abuja.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by chidichris(m): 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2007
arresting 100 people is common in nigeria so nothing to jump up about.
the dead guy in question knows the rule of the game of killing because he has been the game.
to me, my prayers has been that God to fight for the poor masses so if the big boys will be falling like that i think our prayers are been answered on that.
how many people have lost their lives in the mayhem of adedibu's oyo reign and no one is even regarding those deaths.
i think God did a wonderful job on death as even one has a must answer call - death otherwise nigerian politicians would have used all our money to buy live everlasting for theirselves and that of their families.
i know he must have died again over there in the hands of his victims who died long ago and have been waiting for him there.
i suggest the gov increase the reward to 100 million because of the guy's position in the state and i suggest the FG make their own reward 200 million plus a state burial for the guy who has contributed positively to the political and economic growth of oyo and nigeria as a whole.
adie brother. may your radical soul rest in perfect trouble.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by presido1: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2007
Do they say until DEATH do us part when the bride is a VAMPIRE, i think not.
May be he forget that in that kinda game O is O.
Only FOOLS Die.

Donating ten Mill another ave to chop the remaining money for the state.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by Mamajama(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2007
Slain Lawmaker Had 7 Wives, 20 Children

DAMN

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3455
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2007
Thank God. All those ones no go see National Cake to chop from.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by toba1909(m): 10:27pm On Sep 17, 2007
The wives are begging for alms already,the constitution of this country need to be looked into.A man of such calibre(7 wives & drinking in joints) shouldn't be allowed to represent their constituency,what would such man offer his people?
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by denex: 10:45pm On Sep 17, 2007
This matter is not about the Constitution but the citizens.
Re: Gruesome Assassination Of A Reps’ Member. by yemmight(m): 8:29am On Sep 18, 2007
I think we have 2 issues here, one personality secondly, security. What I mean by personality is the area you don’t even need to attend with your status. For him as a Honourable member of the house don’t need to patronize a cheap joint where you will also see nuisances. What I thin he enjoys is the hailing of (Baba Agba to say). For him also, I think it is irresponsible to say you have up to like 7 wives to even be a house rep. And to security, no matter how bad someone his at his level, he should be provided a security.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State / Acn Has Scared Pdp Out Of Lagos –fashola ! / Solution To Nigeria Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.