Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,222 members, 7,880,814 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:21 AM

Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal (17556 Views)

Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship / Reno Omokri Lists Some Discrepancies In Peter Obi’s Credentials, Defends Tinubu / Bayo Onanuga Defends Tinubu's Appointment Of Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by RosyIsBlessed: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2023
All Fubara wants is peace. Y'all enough with this PDP, APC b.s. Let the governor breathe!!!!
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by Jking20(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2023
Big man big wahala
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by Yelight(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2023
They should go to court if there are not okay. Let the law have it's way
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by Mccullum: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2023
Googledotcom:
If Fubara decamps to APC, he will lose in the next election, Rivers don't like anything APC. Don't forget how Rivers state abandoned Rotimi Amaechi after he decamped years ago.

It is different circumstances, he'll won because he'll contest for second time as a sitting governor. Ameachi failed because he's campaigning for his choice candidate.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by BondRiv: 9:26am On Dec 26, 2023
Enemies of peace.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by Vadese1: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2023
I want to believed your analogy. A governor can't just be like a baby child

tesppidd:
grin grin grin

I would be disappointed if I find out that it's not actually Fubara that is orchestrating all these oppositions to the agreements from behind.

Yeah, he should be 'bad' like that, he should be 'smart' like that.

You need all the ruggedness, and deceitfulness when going against a Nyesom Wike.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by wirinet(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2023
Tranquill:

It’s not even about Wike and that is what most people don’t know. Why do you think Wike is getting support even from Sims own immediate constituency? Sim was never a politician and couldn’t even win a councillorship election, Wike brought him onboard and many others did the legwork as foot soldiers for him to become governor.
It's all about Wike, about his overbloated ego. He wants to be the Jagaban of Rivers State without taking notes from the Jagaban himself. Wike is not the first Godfather that made a political nobody a governor, and he will not be the last. Tinubu has had disagreements with all his political godsons he made governor except Sonwo olu, he never treated them like shit.

Within 3 months, he started alienating these people, taking advice from other people that were vehemently opposed to his candidacy to build ‘his own structure’ and power base. Within 3 months, he wanted to sack all the LGA chairmen on the ground that they are loyal to Wike and then appoint his own loyalists as caretakers. These are the foot soldiers that made him governor. Why the so much rush just within 3 months? Why not let their tenure run out and an election conducted? Why the desperation? I hear one popular pastor in PH, whose presidential candidate didn’t win is among those misleading him.
Believe me the main issue is not the local government chairmen, its wikes authoritarian attitude, he wants to be running River's State from his office in Abuja. He appointed all commissioners, legislators, Local Government chairmen and aids of the governor including his personal aids. Fubara could not even award contacts without approval from Abuja (Wike).
Nobody and repeat nobody would accept such arrangement.

This is just one of the several things he started, that made Wike and his group to react. Who would just let that happen? Then they started spreading rumours about Wike demanding for 25% of Rivers State money among other falsehoods, Sim knew they were not true and did nothing to debunk them rather allowed the rumours to fester.
I am certain there is lots of propaganda from both sides, but one thing Fubara was complaining about was that the states monthly IGR reduced from N10 billion to N6 billion, and no one was explaining to him why?

It is not about governance and certainly not about money but more about the politics and Sim Fubara went about it like someone with evil intentions. That is the height of ingratitude!
Gratitude at the expense of the people of Rivers State? Politicians in Nigeria feels that only their interests matter and the masses are just pawns. How will gratitude to Wike translate into good governance for the people of Rivers State?

1 Like

Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by IfnobeGod20: 10:25am On Dec 26, 2023
Putindbutt:
Stupid party, what did PDP do when the crisis started?, did they intervene?. They were watching on while the crisis escalates and some party members supporting 4lawmakers against 27lawmakers. Edwin clark and Rivers elders wrote to the President to intervene which he did. Resolution is constitutional and Mr President has done the right thing, to resolve an issue, sometimes the court tells you to go and settle it out of court. We must also remember that the four lawmakers have been suspended by the house and whatever they were doing after their suspension was illegality.
When the president was called to intervene, he wasn't called to act in an unconstitutional manner. If you read and keenly understand the peace proclamation he dished out for the parties concerned to sign, it was more of dead sentence than peace talk.
The president want the governor to reabsorb those that voluntarily resigned to the cabinet but feigned ignorance of those that defected from PDP to APC. Why did he looked other way on such critical issue? The president want the governor to live within his enemies, the question is, can Tinubu himself tolerate that? We knew the number of vice he used in his 8 years tenure. We know how he remote control the Lagos House Assembly during his time but want the governor to hobnob with enemies, so that they can kill him.
Tinubu should have included it in his peace pact that the members that defected should go back to their initial party but he subtly dodged it.
My brother, there is no peace pact in what he proclaimed but just out to protect APC and Wike and no more.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by DeepSight(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2023
wirinet:

Nobody and repeat nobody would accept such arrangement.

Nobody should. But in his Christmas day address, Sim seems to have bent the knee. I hope its just a feint. I really hope so, otherwise, he has thrown away everything.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by DeepSight(m): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2023
Tranquill:

It’s not even about Wike and that is what most people don’t know. Why do you think Wike is getting support even from Sims own immediate constituency? Sim was never a politician and couldn’t even win a councillorship election, Wike brought him onboard and many others did the legwork as foot soldiers for him to become governor.

Within 3 months, he started alienating these people, taking advice from other people that were vehemently opposed to his candidacy to build ‘his own structure’ and power base. Within 3 months, he wanted to sack all the LGA chairmen on the ground that they are loyal to Wike and then appoint his own loyalists as caretakers. These are the foot soldiers that made him governor. Why the so much rush just within 3 months? Why not let their tenure run out and an election conducted? Why the desperation? I hear one popular pastor in PH, whose presidential candidate didn’t win is among those misleading him.

This is just one of the several things he started, that made Wike and his group to react. Who would just let that happen? Then they started spreading rumours about Wike demanding for 25% of Rivers State money among other falsehoods, Sim knew they were not true and did nothing to debunk them rather allowed the rumours to fester.

It is not about governance and certainly not about money but more about the politics and Sim Fubara went about it like someone with evil intentions. That is the height of ingratitude!

If most Nigerians think the way you think, there is no hope for this country.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by Felaincarnated: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2023
Ozour... Dem dey use broom fix leaking umbrella?
bhella10:
Fubara is always welcome to awa party, the Ruling party. We would be happy to fix his leaky leaky umbrella ☔☂️. We await
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by wirinet(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2023
DeepSight:

Nobody should. But in his Christmas day address, Sim seems to have bent the knee. I hope its just a feint. I really hope so, otherwise, he has thrown away everything.
Believe me he did not. He was being diplomatic and strategic. He cannot confront Wike and Tinubu headlong right now, as he is fighting from the position of weakness. He is yet to be confirmed governor by the Supreme court, He has only 4 house of reps members in his camp, he does not have grass root support, PDP that should have come to his aid is comatose right now. He needs to buy time to consolidate his hold on power.
Paying the 27 legislators cash for Christmas should help in bringing some of them to his side. Paying civil servants money will also increase his profile among the people. I am 100% certain he will not recall the resigned commissioners, he will never approve the legislators to sit in any venue they choose.
Fubara can't do much until the supreme court makes a final judgement.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by ppogba: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2023
Fiscus105:
They're fuming because they dnt know extent president can go and because they are not wise enough.

Sim case still pending in supreme court and we all know how executive influencing judiciary.

If 27 impeached Sim and Tinubu supports them, fubara is gone.

If the two camps of legislative arm claiming they are authentic and crises increasing in Rivers daily, Tinubu can declare state of emergency.

IF ANY OF THE 3 ABOVE HAPPENED FUBARA IS THE BIGGEST LOOSER.

Meanwhile, fubara still need times to lure some political foot soldiers in other to have firm control over his government before he can successful fight godfather or federal might.

Infact, he is unable to win this time because it's not yet time to start fighting godfather (he hasnt completely held "sword handle" before started fighting enemy) not even political neophyte in rivers politics .

Totally agree with you.
Infact, if the 27 members had the mace, SIM would have been a gooner by now.
Point it, people are just trying to mislead the governor for their own selfish gain
One fact remains that, Wike that brought a political neophyte to succeed him knew what he was doing. Just like someone said, there is the doubt if SIM can single handedly win a councillorship election.
To me, and to agree with you, the guy jumped the gun. A first term spent learning the ropes and bringing people closer, increasing the strength of his loyalists would not have been too much.

For as many calling the guy fool, well, it is easier said than done.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by Larryndelaw: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2023
They are crying more than the bereaved
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by bhella10: 11:54am On Dec 26, 2023
Felaincarnated:
Ozour... Dem dey use broom fix leaking umbrella?
Yes we CAN. Dem dey use broom fly for Benin. Azen gbe we!
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by DeepSight(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2023
wirinet:

Believe me he did not. He was being diplomatic and strategic. He cannot confront Wike and Tinubu headlong right now, as he is fighting from the position of weakness. He is yet to be confirmed governor by the Supreme court, He has only 4 house of reps members in his camp, he does not have grass root support, PDP that should have come to his aid is comatose right now. He needs to buy time to consolidate his hold on power.
Paying the 27 legislators cash for Christmas should help in bringing some of them to his side. Paying civil servants money will also increase his profile among the people. I am 100% certain he will not recall the resigned commissioners, he will never approve the legislators to sit in any venue they choose.

I hope you are right.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by vanitybutiwanti: 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
ppogba:

Totally agree with you.
Infact, if the 27 members had the mace, SIM would have been a gooner by now.
Point it, people are just trying to mislead the governor for their own selfish gain
One fact remains that, Wike that brought a political neophyte to succeed him knew what he was doing. Just like someone said, there is the doubt if SIM can single handedly win a councillorship election.
To me, and to agree with you, the guy jumped the gun. A first term spent learning the ropes and bringing people closer, increasing the strength of his loyalists would not have been too much.

For as many calling the guy fool, well, it is easier said than done.
The 27 members have the mace, there are too many half baked information on the Internet
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by vanitybutiwanti: 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
wirinet:

it has nothing to do with the supreme Court judgement please, I'm in Rivers State and everybody knows he'll win at the supreme Court, Tinubu cannot work with the Amaechi APC faction
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by Indispensable85(m): 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2023
So PDP think say dem get governor for Rivers State? Lol 🤣🤣🤣

Fubara is an APC governor.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by ppogba: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
The 27 members have the mace, there are too many half baked information on the Internet

Really?
I never knew they had.
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by vanitybutiwanti: 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
ppogba:

Really?
I never knew they had.
yea
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by jogojogo: 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2023
Googledotcom:
If Fubara decamps to APC, he will lose in the next election, Rivers don't like anything APC. Don't forget how Rivers state abandoned Rotimi Amaechi after he decamped years ago.
As if you have a say on the outcome of the election
Re: Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal by JOMAX: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2023
Calm down y'all. Me no be politician but I believe the governor is playing the game right. Pretending to surrender while using the party to fight constitutionally is the way to confuse the opponent in this crisis. He needs to buy time to calculate his next and every other move going forward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Urges Tinubu To Order Release Of Nnamdi Kanu / PHOTOS: Okorocha And Ganduje Visit Buhari / NURTW Crisis: Lagos CP Meets MC Oluomo, Istijabah, Reads Riot Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.