Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,226 members, 7,919,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:22 PM

Do I Need A Transit Visa To Travel Through London To USA From Lagos? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Need A Transit Visa To Travel Through London To USA From Lagos? (554 Views)

Pelumi Nubi Involved In Accident While Driving By Road From London To Lagos / My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? / Types Of People You Meet In A Transit Bus(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need A Transit Visa To Travel Through London To USA From Lagos? by bioemmy: 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hello,

I'm about booking a flight to USA on a F1 visa. The cheapest I'm seeing requires a stopover in London (Heathrow airport). The site is saying I may need a transit visa. I intend travelling this Friday.

Would I truly need it?

If yes, let me change my path then.

Thanks.
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa To Travel Through London To USA From Lagos? by laiza(m): 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2023
why not contact the site or airline directly? But in reality if you don't intend to enter the UK you do not need a transit visa. If your flight is stopping over in the UK to join another flight to the US then you'd just be in the airport waiting for your flight and your passport won't need to be stamped into the UK on arrival. However if you do require a transit visa you would be issued one at the airport or by the airline when you purchase tickets.

Preferably purchase all your tickets at once and hold them as you board the first flight. This can really be of help at the airport should you require a transit visa. Immigration officials would automatically know your final destination is the US and would let you go if you don't have any issue with UK laws.
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa To Travel Through London To USA From Lagos? by Ajalalomo: 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2023
bioemmy:
Hello,

I'm about booking a flight to USA on a F1 visa. The cheapest I'm seeing requires a stopover in London (Heathrow airport). The site is saying I may need a transit visa. I intend travelling this Friday.

Would I truly need it?

If yes, let me change my path then.

Thanks.

Transit visa is not required if you have US visa, and you’re transiting through LHR airport to any of the US airports.
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa To Travel Through London To USA From Lagos? by Blackship: 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2023
Qatar is the easiest to connect U.S Flight...from Doha
[

Transit visa is not required if you have US visa, and you’re transiting through LHR airport to any of the US airports.[/quote]
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa To Travel Through London To USA From Lagos? by Blackship: 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2023
Qatar is the easiest to connect U.S Flight...from Doha

Transit visa is not required if you have US visa, and you’re transiting through LHR airport to any of the US airports.[/quote]
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa To Travel Through London To USA From Lagos? by Clodmiran: 6:51pm On Jun 11
From my own experience, traveling from Lagos to the USA with a stopover in London can sometimes require a transit visa, depending on your nationality and the specifics of your trip. It's definitely worth checking out the requirements beforehand to avoid any last-minute surprises.And hey, speaking of streamlining travel, I recently discovered TSA Global Entry Renewal Instant . It's been a game-changer for me, making the airport experience a breeze with expedited security screenings and customs clearance. Might be worth looking into for your future travels.

(1) (Reply)

Please Sir And Ma. I Called My Elder Sister That I'm Coming To Badagry And She . / London Sims,2 In 1 For London And U.s.a Is Available Now For Sale / 100% Guarantee If U Allow Us To Handle Yr Toefl,gre,gmat And Sat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.