Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,693 members, 7,911,899 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 05:34 PM

Are We Living In The Last Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Living In The Last Days? (915 Views)

26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Are We Living In The End Times? / Are We Living in the End Times? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Living In The Last Days? by knowjack: 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2011
People have been saying that they are living in the last days for centuries.  Whenever there is an increase in bad weather, war, disease, fighting, etc people become afraid and claim these are the last days.  But centuries have gone on since the first predictions of the last days and these days still have not come.  I am sure we would all agree that times in history in terms of war, weather, and disease have been much worse than now.  Furthermore, those in the bible expected the last days to be in their time. 

So, are these truly the last days?  Or, will we never know when the last days are?  If you believe these are the last days, what will happen on the last day?  What will happen to people of all other religions?  Will all Christians be included in the good things that happen or only a select group?
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by 9janinja1(f): 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2011
i think we are living in the last days honestly, though i kno am not likely gonna be alive when it happens and the funny thing is i plan on living long so its not gonna be that soon maybe
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by knowjack: 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2011
^^^How many days are included in the last days? Since you think you will not be here for them.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by wetu: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2011
They are not wrong.

The last days started with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

The last days started when God started speaking to us through His Son.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass[b] in the last days[/b], saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In Matthew 24, the Lord Jesus Christ prophesied not only the end of the world but the future of the world. We take it for granted that there was World War I and II, earthquakes taking place all over and diseases everywhere and the gospel has spread through all corners of the world.

These are things we take for granted but only God could know those things. They are not the end of the world but the future of the world. The end of the world is:

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

That is the time when everyone will be expecting Christ and many will be deceived with signs and wonders:

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

Remember:

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by wetu: 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2011
So relax if you think He will not come, it's only two days of the last days, :-)

and those who believe:

Rom 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
mockers and scoffers do not understand that the purpose of God's delay of a final curtain drawing on this wicked world, is a combination of his mercy and patience. not willing that any should perish.

But I am very certain that if Paul could say 2000 years ago that they were living in the last days, we sure are very close to the second coming.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by nodogma: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
OR, it is all nonsense. If Paul thought the last days were supposed to be 2000 years ago, then it is clear that the men who wrote the bible did so in order to keep people in fear. Disease, war, bad weather etc can happen at any time. So people will always be in fear when these things happen. The bible, a tool for control of human behavior.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by 9janinja1(f): 6:00am On Nov 03, 2011
knowjack:

^^^How many days are included in the last days? Since you think you will not be here for them.

how am i suppose to know , not days mate , years
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:17am On Nov 04, 2011
Everytime CNN reports an earthquake in some faraway country people start with all the "end times" comments. They talk about how there are now more "wars and rumours of war", about how we didn't have earthquakes almost everyday before and that it all means the world is coming to an end. But if people bothered to think a little, they would realize how silly that is.

We are living in an era of unprecedented peace and prosperity. The average life expectancy has never been this high. Since the end of WW2, there has never been a period as peaceful as this in all of recorded history. Diseases like syphilis, plague, TB and septicaemia that used to kill millions have been conquered. Even the feared HIV is pretty tame compared with some of the maladies that were common a century ago (the great flu epidemic of 1914 killed more people in 3 years than HIV has since it was discovered). Food is plentyful (though unequally distibuted), and there is far less poverty than there was a few centuries ago.

And even though CNN and co are doing their best to convince us otherwise, there has not been any increase in natural disasters in recent times. The only difference is that in the old days, we didn't have 24 hour news channels giving us a constant supply of bad news from the remotest corners of the globe. Just look at how the world's population is booming if you don't believe me!

Other than the threat of global warming, everything is just fine and dandy. Humanity has never had it so good. Barring an unexpected meteor strike, I seriously doubt if the world is going to end anytime soon. Everybody please calm down and go back to watching your Africa Magic.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by tpia5: 3:41am On Nov 04, 2011
yes, these are the end times.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Person Be Saved After He Dies? / What Does Nigeria Need? / Read This Story And Know Where You Belongs On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.