Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,373 members, 7,964,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:05 PM

How Did You Propose? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Propose? (11286 Views)

Guys, What Would You Do If You Propose To Her In Public & She Embarrasses You? / Can You Propose To Your Woman In This Manner? / Guys! Before You Propose To Her In Public, Ask These Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Propose? by BlackyOne: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
We've been together for four, bought a ring and just waiting for 31st of December

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Propose? by akintunde63: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
nosagold:
Hey everyone,

Let’s hear your beautiful stories on how you proposed to your spouse! This could help someone who’s confused.

We were in the room together, asked her to help grab my toothbrush from the bathroom (I knew it wasn’t there) by the time she came out, I was holding the ring 💍 and asked her to marry me. She said „”what we’re expecting before?” 😀😀

We hugged very warmly, and that was it.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Propose? by Faposky95: 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
Had known her for about 4 years.....took a walk....spoke on how we should be wedded and with faith chose a date......
Walks and worked to that date....
Told her what a man needed not wanted.....she concurred.
It's 10 years in marriage today....
We keep walking.......

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Propose? by Psyrus(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
Only simps kneel to propose, a typical alpha male would get the conquered female pregnant and allow her decide if she wants to be wifed of not!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Propose? by ojotobiloba1: 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2023
Inside her room

Me.. Do me the honour of being my wife

Wifey.. Awwwn. I will and THts all

No unnecessary paranran or what have you

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Propose? by Bintdawood(f): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2023
Justiceleague1:

You got it,babe grin

You sabi🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Propose? by nizelgirl(f): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2023
I don't believe in a man kneeling down to propose to a lady so I told my hubby don't try it with me before you receive premium disappointment. So he just asked me the question and I gave him the reply and the rest is history. I thank God for a peaceful home.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Propose? by Olaolex: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
PinkNature:
While the generally acceptable method of proposal is that men go on one knee, and ask his intending girl to marry him. Now here's a classic story of a rugged uncle.

Uncle wanted to propose to his girl, he sure dressed nicely and took her out on a date. While on the date, he told her that there's a ring in his locker back in his room, she should return back home alone, take a look at the ring put in on if she's interested in becoming his wife.

Unorthodoxy as it sounds, she left the date in a hurry, went to his room and put on the ring ran to her parents to share the news.

They are happily married with grown-up children.

Do what works for you.
I like this. I really do

1 Like

Re: How Did You Propose? by elmarafa20: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2023
On the contrary

I was proposed to 😂😂😂

I had z laff before i say yes with my shy face 🙈🙈🙈

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Propose? by diggindeep: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
Man purposes God disposes.

Simple
Re: How Did You Propose? by Streetmovement(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

What's the idea behind kneeling down to propose to a woman? Abeg make person explain am to me cuz I can't still understand that shit till today....i have thought of all possible ways and explanation that will convince me to do so but I can't still find it.

My parents have been together for longer than I can remember and my papa no kneel down but many marriage of these days will be over in just months even after all the kneeling campaign, so what's up with this kneeling down of a thing ....someone help me explain in their own understanding, all suggestions will be welcome from both men and women.

The floor is open
Re: How Did You Propose? by bitingcool: 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2023
Illegal1:

omoh.........nah so the tin suppose be,bcus i see no reason why a matured man go jst knee down for 1 liability...jst to ask her" will u marry me?

it make no sense to me at all..

ehh yahh. sorry in Advance for the liability you will eventually be saddled with..
M.A.T.B. Man Attracted To Burdens.
Team philanthropist.
Ndi Helping hands.
Awon eyan burden carriers
poor you

1 Like

Re: How Did You Propose? by id4sho(m): 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
1Alex:
I was just desperate to marry (which was the greatest mistake of my life.) it ended in disaster as soon as it started
We move sir
Re: How Did You Propose? by id4sho(m): 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2023
I will tell you orally, planning next. No time for western nonsense tongue
Re: How Did You Propose? by cardoctor(m): 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
Jumping out of a plane.
Re: How Did You Propose? by id4sho(m): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:
I sat down on the bed with her sitting beside me, and I said... "let's make this official, are you conformable with me as your husband", she said yes!

Boss cheesy, I greet you Sir
Re: How Did You Propose? by id4sho(m): 12:10am On Dec 29, 2023
Psyrus:
Only simps kneel to propose, a typical alpha male would get the conquered female pregnant and allow her decide if she wants to be wifed of not!

Real men full ground cheesy
Re: How Did You Propose? by id4sho(m): 12:11am On Dec 29, 2023
nizelgirl:
I don't believe in a man kneeling down to propose to a lady so I told my hubby don't try it with me before you receive premium disappointment. So he just asked me the question and I gave him the reply and the rest is history. I thank God for a peaceful home.

How sweet cheesy Greater heights to y'all.
Re: How Did You Propose? by id4sho(m): 12:13am On Dec 29, 2023
Streetmovement:

What's the idea behind kneeling down to propose to a woman? Abeg make person explain am to me cuz I can't still understand that shit till today....i have thought of all possible ways and explanation that will convince me to do so but I can't still find it.

My parents have been together for longer than I can remember and my papa no kneel down but many marriage of these days will be over in just months even after all the kneeling campaign, so what's up with this kneeling down of a thing ....someone help me explain in their own understanding, all suggestions will be welcome from both men and women.

The floor is open
Kneeling Campaign cheesy
Re: How Did You Propose? by texannaija: 12:16am On Dec 29, 2023
nosagold:
Hey everyone,

Let’s hear your beautiful stories on how you proposed to your spouse! This could help someone who’s confused.

I give her belle😀😀. I am married to her now with two beautiful kids…….

1 Like

Re: How Did You Propose? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:35am On Dec 29, 2023
id4sho:

Boss cheesy, I greet you Sir
My Oga
Re: How Did You Propose? by Streetmovement(m): 12:50am On Dec 29, 2023
id4sho:

Kneeling Campaign cheesy

Lol
Re: How Did You Propose? by luminouz(m): 1:17am On Dec 29, 2023
Psyrus:
Mah Nigga!!!😉😉
Re: How Did You Propose? by Pastoshizzy(m): 2:58am On Dec 29, 2023
We had a mutual agreement that was silent. We have so so much in common. I never proposed. My mum called her mum and asked should in case we're planning to get married they should give them a year notice (we taught 'Bibi' was pregnant she was on a pill that blew her stature up made her seem pregnant). I was embarrassed though but she told me immediately that it's not a problem if I had my heart elsewhere...I remember laughing coz we been dating since when I have to call her name from across the fence to help toss our ball back from their compound and needed her mathset to write mathematics for common entrance.
No proposal. We wanted each other and everyone was and are still astonished.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Propose? by MrHighSea: 4:08am On Dec 29, 2023
In PG School, We belonged to the same clique. Studied ourselves long enough and we communicate 80% in English. I Created a comfortable and serious atmosphere, told her in our local dialect, "swap your Dad's name for mine". There were friends around but they didn't know what was going on.

Yes, we started dating from that day with a purpose though, before that time, I had initiated impulsive HIV test on us, requested her genotype en passant. She knew where I was heading for months and that my kind of person won't kneel down.

6 months later, with my Godfather, I met her parents officially. I can't forget the reception.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Propose? by nastyesco(m): 4:19am On Dec 29, 2023
I lodged us in a hotel, bought Suya and put the ring in the suya stack. She picked it while separating beef from fat in the suya. We will be celebrating our 9th Anniversary in January.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Propose? by Welcomme: 6:37am On Dec 29, 2023
I promised I will never do that shit and I didn't. When I was convinced I was going to marry my wife, I just told her the process of meeting her dad about it and that was it. A month after, I paid her bride price.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Propose? by ahnie: 6:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Some are even doing Abuja marriage aka I go pay later.
jmoore:
Many won't tell you the truth, that the proposal started with the woman saying 'I am pregnant'.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Propose? by Kelly2713(m): 6:58am On Dec 29, 2023
yetmao:
By giving her Belle.

simple
Re: How Did You Propose? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:39am On Dec 29, 2023
nosagold:
Hey everyone,

Want someone to propose to you next year? Send email to obotphilomena@gmail.com let her matchmake you wink wink wink she is super good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Sexual Acts Would You Never Engage In? / See The Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland / Nigerians Never Cease To Amaze We Ghanaians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.