Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,530 members, 7,881,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:24 AM

Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 (15232 Views)

CBN Approves cNGN "Stablecoin" For February Launch / Nigerian Banks Set To Increase Cash Withdrawal Limits To N100,000 / Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by Nbote(m): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2023
faceland:
If you can regulate it, it is no longer a fancy cryptocurrency. How would the promoters scam the public if their is government regulations?

You need to tell people that the value would increase so they buy it with the hope of selling it (like a pyramid scheme).

Exactly.. Why would I want to buy naira as a stable coin when I can just transfer using my card to fund my wallet?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by Nbote(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2023
zionstaar75:
just say you don't understand, and stop behaving like an idiot

The problem with your likes is not just how daft you are but how you think to believe everyone operates in the same level of ignorance like you and your lots.

Opolopoopolonio:

People using USD as a security instrument will have a worthy alternative smiley

How would it be a worthy security instrument when it is still going to be naira in coin value. The usdt is the coin value of the US dollar. The eNaira was introduced to do same but it was a foolish move. Since the ban on crypto has been removed, why do I need to fund my wallet by buying naira as a stable coin. Naira whether as a coin or not will still be dependent on how much the dollar is traded. Why won't I just fund my wallet directly from my account and then convert to usdt.?
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by Thinktwicemybro: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2023
Godfullsam:
The CBN should try and reduce the volume of naira in circulation. This will drive down the price of commodities and minimize inflation.

All these digital naira initiative can only work in advanced countries, not in Nigeria.
Even in secondary school we where taught factors of production and how they affect prices. Even with no naira in circulation, the price of goods will still go high. I cannot use 670 per liter to bring my plantain from the farm and you expect me to sell it cheap for you. You expect me to buy dissel #1,200 to run my brakery and then sell the bread for cheap? Am sure you were a poor student.
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by drerocker: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2023
Open border oooooo
Things would be great again
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by Royalexquisuite: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2023
The so called naira we are spending is not stable and why do we want to peg another stable coins to naira..only if there are other commodities or product that are heavily dependent on this coin such as oil, gold or gas, then this will help grow this initiative to have a stronger currency.
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by codedtony(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2023
One problem with that stablecoins aren't stable.
Well i guess that and the naira have something in common
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by Calitoscassius(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2023
Nbote:
Lolzzzz... We are a very unserious country. All we want to do is join the bandwagon and embarass ourselves at it. Naira as a stable coin is supposed to achieve what exactly?
Since the ban on crypto transactions have been lifted, it removes the whole insecurity of P2P transactions and one can just simply pay for any coin using their cards.

The problem with your likes is not just how daft you are but how you think to believe everyone operates in the same level of ignorance like you and your lots. The fact that all you had to say revolved around an insult shows how grossly ignorant you are on the subject matter but still gleefully showing it off

How would it be a worthy security instrument when it is still going to be naira in coin value. The usdt is the coin value of the US dollar. The eNaira was introduced to do same but it was a foolish move. Since the ban on crypto has been removed, why do I need to fund my wallet by buying naira as a stable coin. Naira whether as a coin or not will still be dependent on how much the dollar is traded. Why won't I just fund my wallet directly from my account and then convert to usdt.?
grin grin grin you are wasting your time with these ignoramuses. It wouldn't matter how you try to educate them they d still chose to be adamant dumbos!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by Calitoscassius(m): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2023
The stupid coins will still exchange for £1 to 2000 naira eventually grin cheesy so nothing will change.
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by Opolopoopolonio: 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2023
lexy2014:
which people are you referring to?

Shombiro
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by Afonja2000: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2023
Has CBN truly lifted the ban on crypto? I'm not sure yet, my Opay account is still frozen because of crypto transaction, their response to my calls and emails is that they are not aware of the lifting of the ban
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by goodluck813(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
funny People can naira ba a stable çoin ?
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by goodluck813(m): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2023
who will in his right sence keep naira as a stable coin?
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by scrupulousblog: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
Maybe we can benefit from the fluctuation.
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by vitalisjachike4: 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
All these no effect policies,i hope this is not another one of them.All these no effect policies,i hope this is not another one of them....
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by ubev01(m): 7:11am On Dec 30, 2023
Nbote:

Why would you need p2p since the ban on crypto has been lifted?? What happened to eNaira??
so how will someone convert usdt to enaira without a third party?
Re: Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 by godofuck231: 11:00am On Dec 30, 2023
They were trying to undermine the igbo traders, illegal miners and bunkerers, they forgot the rule of mathematics, no value is irrelevant

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Takeaways From Octafx Report On Rising Trend Of Online Forex Trading In Nigeria / Interest Rate At 30% Will Stifle Growth, Hinder Job Creation - Dangote Warns CBN / Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.