Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland (8170 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Why The Tribalism against the Igbos? / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by EbenG(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2023
aswani:
Sir,

Once more, I will advise you that you need a heavy element of automation in your moderation process.

Set up a naughty dictionary, if anyone posts words from there three times, automatically suspend that account until an actual mod has time to go through the posts and "unsuspends" or ban the username.

It's too easy to register, tighten up the process by only allowing it to happen at certain times and/or making people include personal information that can be handed over to the authorities in the event of repeated libellous statements being made.

No matter how many mods you employ, the horse has bolted and it would never be enough, once more you must set up and automated moderation process to go hand in hand with human moderators.

I look at the membership figures you claim and chuckle, they are incorrect because people have multiple monikers and some are so brazen to add numbers to the names even.

You do a great job keeping this site going, but you must now know that some are hell bent on destroying it and you should try to at least to make it as difficult for them as possible.

I'll agree with this @Seun. Adding some automation would help.

Preventing multiple creation of accounts would go a long way too.

5 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by KwuoteYourFada: 10:52am On Dec 30, 2023
Ogene001:
Debunking tribalist allegations with more tribalistic post. Guy go and rest

You saw what he did right?

Who they hell segregate people of a country into parts while trying to settle a dispute

You use unifying terms

The guy is a bigot

He sure knows he's not serious about what he's saying

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by ItisWell22(f): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2023
Omo, whats with this mynd44 wey almost everyone dey mention as a tribalist? ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Too badโ€ฆ
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by absoluteSuccess: 10:55am On Dec 30, 2023
aljharem:
@Seun. It is unfortunate that you have not read the handwriting on the wall.

I have been here since the inception of Nairaland and had my fair share.

These SE tribalist are IPOB and ready to destroy your business. Smell the coffee already and stop being a weakling.

They use different user names to stir up tribal issues and are a cancer to the society.

Ban anyone with tribal inclination on any topic and watch tribalism reduce.

These people are revisionist and wicked and it is just a matter of time they destroy all you stand for.

They are the same from GRV to IPOB

My vote.

Stop tribalism by stopping their active and passive "evangelists".
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Bigkoko: 10:55am On Dec 30, 2023
This is how we know chronic, unchanged tribalist: When they hate a Table shaker who claims he's Buhari torment but praises same scavenger when he dish their favorite antagonist, the Igbos!!!!

Awon ndi I'm not a tribalist. Aboby chest am you be one. That's what makes your platform to thrive!

Let me remind you guys what El Rufai & Ribadu told Ibori when the dude thought he owns Nigeria: You are only safe in Nigeria, the day you reach abroad you go understand say as local niggas dey, na so international niggas dey!

Seunmsg is a nationalist but MNK & his iPob followers re What?

One day una go still tell us Boko Haram na nationalist too!

Kaiii this people self!

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Astra101: 10:55am On Dec 30, 2023
@ seun, if you weren't tribalistic as alleged, why should we have two major religions in Nigeria interacting among themselves and discussing the benefits of each religion together on the streets of Nigeria but here on nairaland one have to take an oath to comment on any thread relating to the other religion while one is free for all and sundry to comment on.

How do you justify this act of religious sentimentalism?

Such act breeds hatred and division among fellow Nigerian / nairalander. And you can not exonerate yourself from the tribal, religious and gender war that goes on here cos all these act are engineered and orchestrated by you for not treating all religion squarely on your platform

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by absoluteSuccess: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Astra101:
@ seun, if you weren't tribalistic as alleged, why should we have two major religions in Nigeria interacting among themselves and discussing the benefits of each religion together on the streets of Nigeria but here on nairaland one have to take an oath to comment on any thread relating to the other religion while one is free for all and sundry to comment on.

How do you justify this act of religious sentimentalism?

Such act breeds hatred and division among fellow Nigerian / nairalander. And you can not exonerate yourself from the tribal, religious and gender war that goes on here cos all these act are engineered and orchestrated by you for not treating all religion squarely on your platform

Wisdom, one is a "sacred religion" and others are not according to nairaland's "rule of ownership".

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by DatNiggaDaz: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Imagine how somebody take kobe himself

Na wa

1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by aswani(m): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:
What I want Seun to really work on is the misogyny on nairaland.

Stupid statements like Nigeria girls are usless bla bla bla.

I agree, maybe if they can find a solution to minimise the tribalism, they might be able to tweak that to help with the misogyny.

The incel culture that misogyny breeds could have deadly consequences.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Beremx(f): 11:02am On Dec 30, 2023
Abeg Seun don't remove Mynd44 as a moderator o! Instead you remove OAM4J as moderator because he's no longer active. You can replace him with an Igbo moderator to balance up.
I remember Ngwakwe and OAM4J were both moderators before you removed Ngwakwe and replaced him with Mynd44.
Kindly replace OAM4J with an Igbo moderator.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Bigkoko: 11:02am On Dec 30, 2023
According to someone on your platform, Shey Hitler na good guy ni? Abi Joseph Goebbels be correct niggas kwo?

As Jews don dey remember una for Nigeria, I hope wetin happen to Press TV no go happen to your platform!

Continue dey claim you no dey support these ethnic & religious bigots from your side.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by GeneralOjukwu: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
Abeg Seun don't remove Mynd44 as a moderator o! Instead you remove OAM4J as moderator because he's no longer active. You can replace him with an Igbo moderator to balance up.
I remember Ngwakwe and OAM4J were both moderators before you removed Ngwakwe and replaced him with Mynd44.
Kindly replace OAM4J with an Igbo moderator.
Thanks

He should actually remove ALL Igbo moderators till Tinubu finishes his tenure.

The tears from Obi's colossal defeat is still in every Igbos heart, make we no lie.

I am King of Ndigbo so I know what I am saying...you feel me ? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Beremx(f): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:

He should actually remove ALL Igbo moderators till Tinubu finishes his tenure.

The tears from Obi's colossal defeat is still in every Igbos heart, make we no lie.

I am King of Ndigbo so I know what I am saying...you feel me ? grin
you forgot the most hardworking supermod on nairaland is Igbo. Abi your brain no tell you that one?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Bigkoko: 11:08am On Dec 30, 2023
Let me give you free sense if you will take it.

Wgat I observe my father doing while growing up!

If I fight with someone regardless of whether I'm in offense or the other person, my dad would apologize to the other person first, and make sure me & the person embrace before even listening to me.

That way, most of my friends love me because of the action of my dad. That even during normal children quarrels they simply remind me of my dad.

But, your actions, body language, feigned or wilful ignorance shows the side you choose. And trying to make it look like you ain't any of such is an insult to the intelligence of so many people.

Make amends while you still have time.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Tallesty1(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Same here o. Very annoying
And he's an Atheist
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Poisonousman: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun you are a tribalist.. you and mynd44

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by GeneralOjukwu: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
you forgot the most hardworking supermod on nairaland is Igbo. Abi your brain no tell you that one?

He's the most biased. Everyone knows.

Mynd is the most tolerant, this thread is ample evidence. If he wasn't... no one would have dared mention his name.

8 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by omohayek: 11:11am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.
I strongly suggest you augment the bolded with some investment in automated tools for triaging what moderators have to look at (as well as for easily viewing random samples of the kinds of judgment calls they are making). Not only is this more scalable in the long run, it would actually be better for your bottom line, as computer code is cheaper than any human moderator - even in a low-income country like Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Tallesty1(m): 11:15am On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:
What I want Seun to really work on is the misogyny on nairaland.

Stupid statements like Nigeria girls are usless bla bla bla.
Romance section is the new 2go dating room 20
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Beremx(f): 11:16am On Dec 30, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:

He's the most biased. Everyone knows.

Mynd is the most tolerant, this thread is ample evidence. If he wasn't... no one would have dared mention his name.
No moderator is biased including Mynd44. My only advice to Seun is to replace OAM4J with an igbo moderator or another ethnic group. There should be fairness to avoid accusations and counter accusations
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Goodday90(m): 11:17am On Dec 30, 2023
SirBunky85:
onye apari,bigots always claiming to be the victims.chukwu nna kpo gi oku,olukwu
Oloburuku eniyan,always claiming victim when they are actually the perpetrators
Iku kpa e
Ashiere
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Acidosis(m): 11:17am On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:

How many states in Nigeria are plateau people crying over persecution? I don't know why you think basic comprehension is criminal?

So only Plateau people can and should demand justice and protection for the people of Plateau? What are you even trying to say here?

In the last 72 hours, my Twitter account has been very active over this Plateau state matter even though I'm not from the state. And before you lose your senses again, I'm not a Southeasterner.

Concerned Nigerians (even foreigners) are trying so hard to get justice for the victims and their families, but bigots like you do nothing but drag Igbos into your self-inflicted prejudices.

If people decide to cry over persecution, how's that your business? Do you want everyone to be silent because of your personal decision to live with terrorists and the stupidity of your political class?

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Beverlyjean(f): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2023
Anytime I'm abused due to my tribe , anytime anyone uses tribal slurs against me, I don't copy Mynd44 when I report because he will even leave the person that threw those tribal slurs first and will rather ban me... MYND44 IS A TRIBALIST ... was never meant to be a mod in the first place

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Astra101: 11:19am On Dec 30, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

Wisdom, one is a "sacred religion" and others are not according to nairaland's "rule of ownership".

Let dem kwantinue angry
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Jogs1900: 11:19am On Dec 30, 2023
PoloG:
Seun is falling for igbo gimmicks.

they are calling you tribalists because they are at the receiving end.

why them nor call zukerberg or musk tribalists too as the wotowoto sef reach there? grin

we love nairaland as it is.

Igbos are a cursed people who like to always play the victim card. They will bring hatred but want you to love them in return.

yoruba is not fulani you were insulting anyhow during buhari tenure.

If you bring hatred, you get hatred promax grin grin grin

Let me go back to twitter and insult igbos the more jare grin grin
God bless you..
Yorubas dey give them wotowoto online and offline.
These are the same people that were happy when Nairaland was down because Nairaland is owned by someone from another tribe.
Those people are complaining because they are not having upper hand.We know their antics.

10 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by jamesharryson(m): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.
Oga, block me from your platform if you want. One simple truth I will tell you is that you a a tribal bigot. If you watch closely,vi have been in this platform since 2013. Change your ways. You were good until this Tinubu's presidential campaign. You became something else. Bias in judgement and pushing bigotry to your FrontPage. If you have returned to your senses, then you need to do an open apology.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by GeneralOjukwu: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
No moderator is biased including Mynd44. My only advice to Seun is to replace OAM4J with an igbo moderator or another ethnic group. There should be fairness to avoid accusations and counter accusations

No. Our former President called them 5%ers or dot in circle. We don't want minorities. We can take Ijaws who are the 3rd largest group after Yoruba, Hausa.

We need a MOD from North. I will volunteer ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by superlanny(m): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Tunde835(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body.
You can employ me as a mod i go ban ip0bs tire.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ngozi123(f): 11:27am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

You need a PR manager because this post you've put up here is a PR disaster.

You're supposed to be addressing tribalism yet you've come out here and targeted a particular region of the country.

You said that those accusing you of tribalism should provide proof. Well, this post is hard evidence right here.

You've exposed yourself big time here.

6 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Beremx(f): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:

No. Our former President called them 5%ers or dot in circle. We don't want minorities. We can take Ijaws who are the 3rd largest group after Yoruba, Hausa.

We need a MOD from North. I will volunteer ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ
you're running temperature. Go and take paracetamol. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS / Osinbajo Engages APC Delegates In Jigawa, Says Nigeria Deserves The Best / Afegbua: Babachir Lawal Cannot Play God In Tinubuโ€™s Presidential Aspiration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.