Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,465 members, 7,964,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:29 AM

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK (26454 Views)

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / Keep My Federal Government Job Or Travel Out To Dubia / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Actuarydeji(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02
Dey play! You will understand better in future. Just continue
UnfairLife7:
That is your own view too. If you like give birth before 25 that doesn't make you better than someone that gives birth at 50.

Poverty isn't about imagination, it is reality. Nigeria top the ladder of poverty, unemployment and weak currency (exchange rate) in the world

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by shedy03(m): 3:43pm On Jan 02
Namaster:
Forget marriage. Marriage is NEVER late for men.

If you have the money, LEAVE Nigeria. Don't even think twice.

There's no reason to stay in Nigeria unless you are part of the cabals.
How some Nigerians don't like their father land no more ehh!.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 4:08pm On Jan 02
kakaki123:
You want him to be trapped like you.
He's doing better than you in all facets of life
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 4:13pm On Jan 02
Irunokoiswerey:

Typical mag..got from potopoto region tongue

Carry 2023 frustration enter 2024... your m.u..m.u no too much grin
Ronu

Enemy of progress, allow people to japa in peace. Face your business with your useless government
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 4:15pm On Jan 02
motymop:

You are obviously a short term thinker

Do you think people earn 200k for ever in a government job.

Get your facts right before typing
look at you

Level 15 in some government job doesn't earn close to 300k. After spending close to 30 years plus. This is a fact not a mere talk

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by kakaki123: 4:18pm On Jan 02
Lifeinlight:
He's doing better than you in all facets of life
Okay.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 4:19pm On Jan 02
Actuarydeji:
Dey play! You will understand better in future. Just continue
There's nothing to understand. You guys should stop decieving yourself. That was how some people are saying one should have a child because of old age. lol, i personally know a family whose children aren't taking care of their parents because they're poor. Having children with the hope of taking care of you at old age is risk. It is never guarantee. Just make sure you have money, even if it is not excess money but be comfortable. Then child or no child you won't suffer in old age

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 4:21pm On Jan 02
shedy03:

lol

Na only mumu person go like this 3rd world nation with crook leaders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by IbeOkehie: 4:47pm On Jan 02
Not again this year....are things getting hotter already? grin shocked grin

We already know.....NIGERIA IS BETTER THAN THE UK and USA !!!!

But wait.....200K? As in $180?

Good Luck to Nigerians!

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Irunokoiswerey: 4:50pm On Jan 02
Lifeinlight:
Ronu

Enemy of progress, allow people to japa in peace. Face your business with your useless government

Your m.u..m..u.ness is multidimensional grin
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by otegbayo(m): 4:59pm On Jan 02
First, I will like to commend you for having that self evaluation and coming to share.

To be honest, you will need to go into serious debt to manage bills and funding in the Uk considering you said your income is above 200k.

Not to downplay your intentions to leave Nigeria but for someone that has studies in both Germany and the Uk. I will suggest you rather consider visa free countries. I will tell you for free that the educational system in Germany is way better than it is in the Uk.

Getting a permanent stay in the Uk takes a while to achieve and with respect to salary some other countries offer more. Please,I will encourage you to do more research to really see where you fit.

Portugal, Netherland, Italy, Germany etc. I hope this works.

mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by yollychika(f): 5:22pm On Jan 02
Japa! Study and work!!!
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by OvertheTop(m): 5:22pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.

Do you have the 25 - 35Million Needed?
Did You get it from this 200k Job?

i wan Learn abeg...
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Marpol: 5:30pm On Jan 02
Don't marry yet, travel out, age is still on your side. Hustle like there is no tomorrow.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by aktolly54(m): 5:32pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

wrong steps and your life shattered before you. Think and pray before you take a steps. Involved your pastor who can journey with you in getting wife so you won't end up marry idiot as wife who will frustrate you when you finally relocate abroad with her and kids. Enjoy 200k as civil servant for now, try go into farming join and watch things grow for you
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by shedy03(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02
Lifeinlight:
lol

Na only mumu person go like this 3rd world nation with crook leaders
Really?
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by anifranci(m): 5:40pm On Jan 02
New easy Pathway Move to Canada 🇨🇦 New Brunswick
Don't Miss this opportunity 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GC69eSrm1c?si=K6QsA2zMlSqIWI06
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by danielo100: 5:40pm On Jan 02
Well said and analyszed bro.

joebeckz:
This is what I think.

Every passing administration in Nigeria have only worsened the state of the country.
Do you wanna remain in this situation?

Do you have job satisfaction and do you earn enough after deduction monthly expenses from your salary to save at least 300- 500k?

If not.. Leave Nigeria.
Marrying will make your savings dip further every month. You will be under pressure and that wouldn't be nice. Plan to leave Nigeria to Australia or Canada or even the USA..
I don't like UK but it's a matter of choice.

One thing is certain, after you gain stability in these countries and you know what you are doing. You will save at least 1k dollars monthly after expense.

You can pick a wife from Nigeria, try to get a nice woman for yourself now. So she go through the phase with you in prayers and to support you with words of encouragement.

My reason for choosing Canada especially is because it is easier to gain stability and immigration documents faster.

UK and Australia ain't bad either.

When you finally finish your one or two year program. Come back to Nigeria and marry your fiancee that would have been with you during this phase and begin to process her papers.
She will join you as dependant.
She will also work and add to your savings as one family.
While she is in Nigeria waiting for you to get done with school. She should enrol in programs that would prepare her for the new country in relevant trade.
Hair making, etc.

If you happen to get a medically inclined lady, it is an advantage to your progress.

Age shouldn't rush you into marrying now.
Proper plan and execution will be worth your wait.

May God direct you.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by UncleKoboko: 5:43pm On Jan 02
motymop:

That is a very big lie. You obviously don't know what you are typing

Pension is a contribution you make from your salary.

What you contribute is what you will get at the end of your service.

Also position are not stagnant, with promotion comes increase in salaries and more allowance and benefit.

You are also entitled to a mortgage and car loan
Dey fool yourself
Which government parastatal u dey work for?
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by iamL(f): 5:45pm On Jan 02
dhope:

But success is all about running after or pursuing money through lifetime? I am sorry to say ure in the category of young Nigerians that need proper orientation about life mission. Some of them are into yahoo yahoo here pursuing money without purpose while the few educated are pursuing japa without direction. Early raising of children (if ure not a papa) is worthwhile for those who understand the purpose of marriage. Although it is meaningless to those who believes they can just pick a white girl to impregnate in order to get a foreign citizenship. Before you tell me something about poverty, it only exist in your mind or imagination.

I like you.

I doubt if you are a Nigeria youth. Imagine the person that said he should impregnate a white woman because of steady income i just laughed, if it was that easy all the Nigeria men in the UK would have been rich with double visa. Very cheap set of people.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Xkale1996(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

the new rules is
You won't be allow to bring ur family to UK
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by grandstar(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

With what you wrote, you're ill prepared for the realities that you'll face in the UK.

It is best you stay. You've blended too well in Nigeria already to commence an unpredictable existence in the UK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Daxray07(m): 5:52pm On Jan 02
In this harsh times to leave a well paying federal government job for studies abroad is really a huge gamble. Here you're already gainfully employed and doing well for your self in the UK you'd be dependent and it will take you a longer time to build a social network. Personally I will stay here, get a side hustle aside my salary, maybe get a serious girl and see where it leads. You can build your life here instead of being a second hand citizen in a foreign country. My two cents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Mcslize: 6:37pm On Jan 02
Don't pressure yourself into getting married. It's not about wanting to get married before 34. What you should ask yourself is have you found the right lady? Have you scrutinized her of all glaring red flags or you are still making up for her with the mindset of she will change?

Marriage is not a joke. Ask those that are in it. They will tell you. Anything that makes you get married to the wrong person, you are done with. That's why you need to make sure you find the right person that will give you peace of mind before even thinking about anything marriage.

I am 2 years older than you, but I am not evening thinking of marriage right now. You can't be thinking of marriage when you haven't even found the right lady.

Don't rush into marriage just because you feel the need to marry. You need to find the right lady first that believes in you and will support you as a man.

Don't fail to look before you leap!

And if you must japa, don't allow UK to be on your list. UK is over rated. Look elsewhere. There are other better countries than the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by armyofone(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02
shedy03:

When you are hungry or keep seeing hungry people around, how do you expect them to like father land ?
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by armyofone(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

Leave. Go. Go study in UK and make sure you do very well and be the very best in your class!

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Samade7: 7:01pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
thanks

Why thanking him? Dat last part is smh. grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Mcslize: 7:04pm On Jan 02
ufotty2001:
na this kind advice I go follow. Now am 38yrs I never marry but financially stable.

The issue is not really about getting married. There are many young guys that are ripe and actually ready for marriage. But one major problem is the issue of finding the right one.

Looking at how damaged our young ladies of today have become, many guys that are ready for marriage get discouraged.

To meet the right lady is not a day job. You can't do it by yourself. You need to seek devine help from above.

Meeting the right one will come naturally when you are hopeful and less desperate. But when you get bothered over your age and always filled with the thought of all your mate getting married already, you will feel desperate. And when you are desperate, you will end up simping for women which might make you end up investing in the wrong lady that might later end up leaving you for another guy while using you to get material things.

So, the best thing to do as a man, is to calm down and make sure you take your time to find that special, well brought up, virtuous lady that will give you peace of mind and treat you like a king.

In fact, as a man, you can get married even at 50. Men never outgrown marriage, only women do, due to menopause.

So, never allow desperation of marriage make you invest in the wrong woman or date a wrong woman for marriage.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by captaininiobong(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02
ShugaSneh:
Lol, this one is obviously chatting from one local village in the bush, it's clear you haven't been to anywhere aside your village, to think this way, chai

Okay, town man thanks.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by fetrillion(m): 7:46pm On Jan 02
motymop:

You are obviously a short term thinker

Do you think people earn 200k for ever in a government job.

Get your facts right before typing
It's you that is bereft of ideas.

You are also myopic, always been satisfied with little and always afraid to take risk.
I know your type.
So, at 34 he should keep wasting his destiny here waiting for salary increment every 4 to 5 years abi?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Crafteck1: 7:55pm On Jan 02
Inspirer1:

How's that wickedness?

So because side hustle crashed for someone means it won't be positive for so many others..

I guess everyone should ditch ever boarding a vehicle just because some vehicles do have accident

If the probability of the vehicle working doesn't reach a substantial amount, it's not worth the risk, almost all legit side hustles are dying, dead or will die with the situation of the country
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by ufotty2001: 7:58pm On Jan 02
smiley
Mcslize:

The issue is not really about getting married. There are many young guys that are ripe and actually ready for marriage. But one major problem is the issue of finding the right one.

Looking at how damaged our young ladies of today have become, many guys that are ready for marriage get discouraged.

To meet the right lady is not a day job. You can't do it by yourself. You need to seek devine help from above.

Meeting the right one will come naturally when you are hopeful and less desperate. But when you get bothered over your age and always filled with the thought of all your mate getting married already, you will feel desperate. And when you are desperate, you will end up simping for women which might make you end up investing in the wrong lady that might later end up leaving you for another guy while using you to get material things.

So, the best thing to do as a man, is to calm down and make sure you take your time to find that special, well brought up, virtuous lady that will give you peace of mind and treat you like a king.

In fact, as a man, you can get married even at 50. Men never outgrown marriage, only women do, due to menopause.

So, never allow desperation of marriage make you invest in the wrong woman or date a wrong woman for marriage.
God bless u for saying the Truth. This is exactly what am passing through now.. see the right lady is my biggest problem.. sometimes I just feel like jumping into marriage whether she is the right lady or not.. I don't just want to know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's The Fastest Job A 35 Year Old Graduate With No Experience Get? / Nigerian Airforce List Of Successful Candidates For 2017 Recruitment Released / Air Force Institute Of Technology (AFIT) Kaduna Recruitment For Academic Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.