Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,093 members, 7,896,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:32 PM

New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers (20268 Views)

Obasanjo Grew The Economy In 1 Year, Tinubu Should Do Same- Rufai Oseni / Fani Kayode Replies Dino For Mocking Tinubu Promises "Fire For Fire" (Video) / Atiku Approves N33,000 Minimum Wage For All 100,000 Staff On His Payroll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:53pm On Jan 01
lies undecided
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by BrighterSyde: 6:03pm On Jan 01
ILoveNG:
Saldly, some people still won’t like the sound of that

Don’t mind them. I’m sure you like the sound of the unfulfilled minimum allowance which was promised to run for 6 months but only one month was paid. You like the sound of that failure?
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by worksmart(m): 6:21pm On Jan 01
Tinubu is governing by promises, deception and propaganda.
I challenge anybody to point to a single promise he has kept.
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by nedekid: 6:23pm On Jan 01
25k from 2014 is now 250k.
If your earned 100k 9 years ago, to be able to live the same standard you did then, you need to earn atleast 1m monthly.
That is how low apc brought us in the last 9 years. Yet Nigerians are still hailing them.
We deserve what we get. Someday we will have sense.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by ayo2008: 6:56pm On Jan 01
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2024/01/01/new-year-tinubu-promises-new-minimum-wage-for-workers/

A man who can't pay the temporary minimum wage award wants to pay minimum wage of over 35k? What an irony
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by IbeOkehie: 8:48pm On Jan 01
Mr President, please DON'T increase minimum wage. Reason - if you increase wages, it will increase inflation. Guaranteed. Wage Spiral inflation is the worst kind. And Nigeria already experienced it in the 1970's with the Udoji Awards, please don't repeat. It will be disgraceful.

What Nigeria needs is FREEDOM, freedom to buy and sell whatever we wish from whomsoever and wherever we want at free market prices. And that includes LABOR, meaning that government regulation of wages should be ABOLISHED. If at any government should set wages, let it be RESERVED to state governments so they can compete among themselves for the best workers and citizens.

Stop printing money above the level of economic growth....for now, JUST STOP PRINTING, go to zero. Thanks.

Want to increase revenue? Cut all corporate and individual income taxes to ZERO for everyone EXCEPT government workers. In fact do everything you can to DISCOURAGE Nigerians from becoming government workers.

One good idea is for the Federal Government to have a 20% tax on every Federal worker and send that tax to other State government. So if you're from Rivers State and you work at FIRS, you will be taxed a special 20% and the money sent to a pool of money for every other state EXCEPT Rivers State. Something like that. Other measures could be high penalty for any government worker (not elected official) who owns ANY ASSETS outside Nigeria and a special tax for all lands and homes owned by government workers.

Why cut income taxes to increase revenue? Laffer Curve - very simple https://www.google.com/search?q=laffer+curve&sca_esv=d2db35ec12998483&sca_upv=1&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS1037US1037&sxsrf=AM9HkKlCWoFCUVoRgjoJCQtsZFC83z41oQ:1704138700869&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiw66av-7yDAxUIRzABHckcA0EQ0pQJegQIAxAC&biw=1536&bih=729&dpr=1.25

Implement a VAT based tax system on CLEARLY IDENTIFIABLE TRANSACTIONS of shares, land, plane, train and bus tickets, telecoms tarriffs, petrol, electricity and such. This kind of taxation incentivizes SAVINGS not spending. Those savings then become CAPITAL for investment.

Cut down the cost and size of government. You can definitely keep the Presidential Air Fleet and 50 car convoy and billion dollar feeding budget for Aso Rock and such. Those are NOT decisive expenses. The long term structural stuff is what matters. Over 50% of Federal Government workers can be sacked with no adverse effects. At the very least, implement the Orasonye Report.

Privatize all government owned corporations. Use a preferred method of floating shares. Take NNPC, bring in investment bankers, cut up the shares and give preferred shares for free to indigines of crude oil producing areas, then sell some ordinary shares to market investors to give them a valuation. I remember that was how First Bank and African Petroleum was done, I may be wrong, but I think so.

Do the same with National Theatre Iganmu and all government owned stadia (Nigerians don't know Sports is a regulated industry in Nigeria, that's why it doesn't thrive and our footballers flee to Europe), NTA and FRCN, Ajaokuta Steel and Delta Steel and National Iron Ore Company, National Film Company Jos, TCN and the Disco's, Federal & State Housing Estates, PRODA, NIPOST and on and on and on, all the Federal Universities and Federal Medical Centers and seaports and airports should be given to the States, there's soooooo many Federal Government companies that Nigerians don't even know.

REPEAL the Petroleum Act, Solid Minerals Act, Land Use Act...in short privatize all lands and resources. Preferred method - whatever lands a person occupies now is theirs, state government MUST map and give title to every occupier. Make some serious, Constitutional Law that government will protect private property as a matter of life and death. Make Nigeria the safest place to own property. Not just PHYSICAL safety but in terms of preservation of value.

Abolish all import and export controls on legal goods and services. Basically everything except hard drugs and addictive drugs and other harmful ingestible stuff.

Give Nigerians the rights to bear arms. As of now only criminals can get guns. That makes no sense at all.

Float the naira OR adopt the dollar as national currency or bitcoin.

Abolish ALL subsidies, price controls and industry or company specific waivers...yeah, we know about NIPC waivers. There's subsidy and/or controls on MAIZE and RICE, imagine that! I want to buy maize from America, the government says NO, I can't. Government paying for pilgrimage. Simply STUPID.

Ban all forms of labor and market unions or at least make mandatory membership ILLEGAL.

Remove most powers from the Federal Government and transfer to State governments. I know it's hard, but it depends on if you're really sincere about making Nigeria a great prosperous nation. Look at the prosperous nations, they tend to have real dispersion of powers.

FREEDOM, FREEDOM, FREEDOM for all. Go take a gander at Argentina. Oga President, there's no time to waste. Just get to doing, forget everything else. You have solid political support, they only question is YOUR INTENTIONS FOR NIGERIA, your actions are all we can use to judge . Continuing with the present system means you're just like the rest of your predecessors. Try and be different.

I'm sure your advisers know all of this. That Cardoso guy, isn't he from Citibank or such. He knows how to make a country prosperous. Or he should know. It's not even about particulars, it's the idea, the TENDENCY. It's a very, very simple thing to do within say 6 years. And Nigeria will become as prosperous as South Africa or Portugal at least.

The thing no too concern me because the fate of me and my family is out of any Nigerian hands. I feel sorry for those trapped in that poor economy. Please help them. You can do it.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by ukandi1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by merits(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2024/01/01/new-year-tinubu-promises-new-minimum-wage-for-workers/

What about the 35k you promised?I can never believe you again.
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by liasmiram2567: 10:41pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Another promise again...

The 35k wey dem promise, dem don pay am?

YES !
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by moskush1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 01
Scammer, non of the promises was fulfilled even the policies are on paper
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by tnerro1(m): 11:25pm On Jan 01
Has he paid the wage award he promised them last year?
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by stacyadams: 12:23am On Jan 02
nedekid:
25k from 2014 is now 250k.
If your earned 100k 9 years ago, to be able to live the same standard you did then, you need to earn atleast 1m monthly.
That is how low apc brought us in the last 9 years. Yet Nigerians are still hailing them.
We deserve what we get. Someday we will have sense.

Forget am we no go ever get sense..no worry ur self

1 Like

Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by nedekid: 7:32am On Jan 02
stacyadams:

Forget am we no go ever get sense..no worry ur self
My brother, in 2015,persin sue for ₦40m equivalent of $266k. He finally got judgement in his favor 2023.
Guess what, that same 40m is now worth less than $32k.
Eg, 2015 he could have bought roughly 7 pcs of brand new Toyota hiace(hummer bus) from Elizade motors at ₦5.7 each.
Today his 40m can only buy 1pcs.
Foto! No be juju be that?
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by Hassanmaye(m): 9:24am On Jan 02
Scholace:
even the Npower 9 months outstanding stipend, na only one month dey see

students loan na lie
bus for students all lies

This man worst pass Buhari
shocked
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by Hellonearth: 3:24pm On Jan 02
Nackzy:
It will still be peanuts, no matter what he will agree on it will never meet up witht the currently economic realities, it can not still afford a bag of rice, you can't do Dorime with it grin

I want to put it to you that the committee hasn't been set till this very moment according to labour, so when is he going to implement it, scammers

How can you promise people 35k wage award 4 months down the line you've only paid once
Yet you went for COP28 and spent 2.9 billion

Don't mind the idiot
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by Gaddafih001(m): 4:28pm On Jan 02
Realestatevixen:
Ford Edge, 2011 model.

Full duty paid, and in pristine condition.

Sound system topnotch! Never registered before (and so could pass for Belgium)

A/c Chilling!!!

All features will be inexhaustible if I start writing it here. When you see it, you will confirm it!

Location is Gwagwalada Abuja.

Please I beg you, its a solid deal, and as such, only serious buyers should reach out.

Price: 5.5m.

080 3651 9974 is my contact.

Thank you!!!
The mechanic dey Naija or US?
Re: New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers by DearDealz: 7:29pm On May 31
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Release Report On Chibok Girls Soon – FG / Welcoming President Buhari At The Airport - (video) / EFCC To Seize Diezani’s Assets In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.