Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,327 members, 7,881,216 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:29 PM

Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? (24440 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Nigerian Caregiver Jailed In UAE For Staying 30-minutes In The Bathroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Dpharisee: 12:44pm On Jan 03
You better keep that child with N400k salary, Japa can be planned for another time in a relaxed atmosphere and not your current frenzy which is nothing but bandwagon effect.
I was in your shoes and same age, decided to get married to my pregnant gf then and had the baby, today my daughter is my confidant and pride.

3 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by dfrost: 12:45pm On Jan 03
Sofistcatdmoron:
Nigeria money is loosing value,,
As a bachelor I finish 400k in a month, talkless of if I have my kids and wifey,
Bros run ooo if u see Chance

You dey finish 400 gees? 🤣😂Na whale 🐋 and elephant 🐘🦏 you dey eat for breakfast and dinner?
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by AntiNigerian: 12:45pm On Jan 03
OP, invest in crypto, pull out by July or thereabouts. Your money should go 50× by then 🤪🤪
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Chizy12345: 12:45pm On Jan 03
to be sincere, you will regret your life. if you mistakenly japa. you will dream of that job
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Sofistcatdmoron: 12:48pm On Jan 03
dfrost:

You dey finish 400 gees? 🤣😂Na whale 🐋 and elephant 🐘🦏 you dey eat for breakfast and dinner?
Na only food be ur problem?,
Prepaid meter,
Monthly apectranet sub
Netflix sub,
Transportation to island from mainland
Girlfriends
Olosho,
One or two shirts
Settle mother?
I no blame u Maybe u are much younger or lifestyle is different

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Angy55(f): 12:49pm On Jan 03
Alore:

I beg to disagree. If you have skills, leaving a 400k job in Nigeria to get even a minimum wage job that will give you legal residence in 1st world nation is always a wise decision and far better than earning even 1.5m in today's Naija economy. I earned more than 700k working in a multinational before I left Nigeria in 2019. It was the best decision I made for myself and my family. Please do the same if you have the opportunity. Your fiancee is a visionary and wise. Try and listen to her.

The truth is what works for you may not work for others. 2019 that you left Nigeria is not the same as 2024. Countries are changing their immigration policy.

That was how somebody resigned from his 2million naira Nigeria pay Job and left to Canada and he still regrets it till today.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by GreatJesus(m): 12:49pm On Jan 03
Use your #2m, buy honey in Taraba state and store in 3 to 4 months time you can make up to 40 to 50% gain.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Shugargal(f): 12:53pm On Jan 03
My own advice first is this, do not abort that baby, there are consequences for that..then, on your japa, you can only do that if you have genuine reasons to,and genuine preparation on ground if you hurriedly do that, you fit enter water and you see you starting afresh, 400k salary is big and small to survive, you just have to cut cost besides you're still young, there are a lot of families living below that income, some many people would like to take your place, Learn to be grateful.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by ShangTsung000: 12:53pm On Jan 03
IYOO...

Someone will make that money under 10hrs

Pathetic!

ONYE ANWULU!!
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Free2Fly: 12:54pm On Jan 03
Sofistcatdmoron:
Nigeria money is loosing value,,
As a bachelor I finish 400k in a month, talkless of if I have my kids and wifey,
Bros run ooo if u see Chance

This is financial recklessness. Don't be proud of it
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Sirchiboy: 1:02pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

Pls I need adult minds to advise me on what I can do.
1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
2. Do I start to plan my japa through the study route and just face my fears
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.
Can you connect me with the job that fetch you 400k
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by greenermodels: 1:08pm On Jan 03
Splashme:
Japa if your have the opportunity.
Secure the lives of your family and future generations.

400,000 Naira is just 400 Dollars

We now have thieves in Aso Rock posing as leaders. Forget the lies they keep telling you about 'Nigeria will be better '
400,000 is actually far less than 400 dollars

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by NwaliE01: 1:08pm On Jan 03
I think if you're wise enough, you can build business empire at home. Your pay is kinda decent but I am not comfortable with the level of demands on your time.
I earn over N2m weekly abroad but my fear is not being at home to build my dream business. You can comfortably earn N3m weekly abroad but your challenge would be whom to trust with your resource.
There are challenges here and there, but the good think is that you got to choose your headache.

So, make your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by excanny: 1:08pm On Jan 03
Wait for my refinery to start. $1 will be N 1
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by dfrost: 1:09pm On Jan 03
Sofistcatdmoron:

Na only food be ur problem?,
Prepaid meter,
Monthly apectranet sub
Netflix sub,
Transportation to island from mainland
Girlfriends
Olosho,
One or two shirts
Settle mother?
I no blame u Maybe u are much younger or lifestyle is different

Yes, my lifestyle is different brother.

Everything you mentioned here is basic. I ask again, how do you finish 400k in a month. Explain with evidence 🤣
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by ucheuzor1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 03
BadBradley:
if you're earning 400k a month in Nigeria why do you want to japa to a place where you're a 4th class citizen and working as an unskilled worker and earning just a fraction more?

You're either writing this crap for attention or you're a very big fool at 31!

He is not a fool bro. so many people are in this delima. Some even earn more but are thinking about this Japa issue. you don't know what the future holds for Nigeria based on how things are just descending

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by EconFinance: 1:13pm On Jan 03
Better run away
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by dfrost: 1:13pm On Jan 03
Free2Fly:

This is financial recklessness. Don't be proud of it

Same thing I told him 😂🤣... He said ashawo, Netflix, momsy, internet sub, mainland to island etc... dey chop em money
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by livebullet(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.

If you terminate that life in her womb, you will answer God for Murder on the last day.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by skultrick(m): 1:18pm On Jan 03
faoogoke:

God bless you for this counsel

400k is a lot of money in this economy! Live within your means please.

I'm very certain you don't earn up to 400k, if you do, you will know it's a very small chicken change

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Free2Fly: 1:27pm On Jan 03
tensazangetsu20:
Wait for dangote refinery first.

Mumu. Why didn't you wait for it before running away to Chile
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by uvie66: 1:32pm On Jan 03
Elsucre24:

Thank y’all.
Why you and your girlfriend can't survive on 400k is beyond me to comprehend, weytin una dey chop ?
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Tenumootito: 1:33pm On Jan 03
Is your 400k net or gross pay??
Where do you stay so as to advertise the economy outlook. For example 400k in Lagos is not same with 400k in Kogi...

Japa if you can and move baba.
If you can't, embrace side hustle
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Free2Fly: 1:35pm On Jan 03
aktolly54:
so you don't have relatives who is unemployed? Then you employ outsiders join then set up business with 2m, tell your GF to keep the pregnancy. Do traditional wedding, go court and finalize the thing while you suspend white wedding because of money then you continue your life till you save more and Japa. [b]To leave country wont be hard for doctors like you [/b]so enjoy Nigeria small and save more.

Hope your wife understands the word save? Make she no be like extravagant girl

Being in the medical field does not translate to being a doctor, and he never said he's one.

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03
Free2Fly:

Mumu. Why didn't you wait for it before running away to Chile

Lol I am just advising him o. when the refinery is done, one dollar will be 50 naira and a lot of us will regret leaving Nigeria. Tinubu is working really hard just watch and see how Nigeria is by December. So many of us japarians will return back.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by femi4: 1:44pm On Jan 03
AngelicDamsel:
Can you take responsibility of the child first!

A 31year old with 400k salary who can't take responsibility for his child by marriage, is that one a man!

My advice: Keep that baby, start a family.

You will be grateful for life! wink
Honestly, it's so ridiculous. People earning less than than that are taking good care of their kids
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 1:45pm On Jan 03
zebszebs:

If you earn 50k and are a family man, then you are only existing and not living.

Propagating generational poverty isn't something to be proud of.
Bro, i don't blame you. The fact that you are favoured to secure better job doesn't make u better than your fellow human. How could u be spitting this in a public space like this. I knew many graduates who don't even earn up to 30k and they are family person. Some didnt met any inheritance from anybody, no connection, they started everything afresh. Remember, we are not all born with silver spoon. Someone posted on the front page whether to quit his 30k job or continue, to let you know that this life no balance... Just thank God for your life and move on, stop castigating ppl because of what they are facing bro, no one knows tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03
femi4:
Honestly, it's so ridiculous. People earning less than than that are taking good care of their kids
You are valid.
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by farem: 1:47pm On Jan 03
Kobicove:

Japa or jakpa, all na the same thing! undecided

Japa is Yoruba word and they don't combine KP in any of their words. Same way some spelled English words such as Waste is spelled WEST and Bail as BELL, right? Dey play
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by jogojogo: 1:49pm On Jan 03
My brother if you have the means, travel. 400K na be that? I got an offer for 14m annum before I jappa... I am not regreeting it for a bit. Over and over again I go jappa if I have to. Only a very lucrative Business of jobs in LNG, SHELL, CHEVRON, MOBIL, TOTAL and the liks can keep me in Naija

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by zebszebs: 1:51pm On Jan 03
Ask4bigneyo:

Bro, i don't blame you. The fact that you are favoured to secure better job doesn't make u better than your fellow human. How could u be spitting this in a public space like this. I knew many graduates who don't even earn up to 30k and they are family person. Some didnt met any inheritance from anybody, no connection, they started everything afresh. Remember, we are not all born with silver spoon. Someone posted on the front page whether to live his 30k job or continue, to let you know that this life no balance... Just thank God for your life and move on, stop castigating ppl because of what they are facing bro, no one knows tomorrow

If you are earning #50k/month, why are you even thinking of marriage? If you hate yourself, do you hate the unfortunate children you will bring to this earth?

Everything is planning, if you can't afford it, don't do it

1 Like

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Emir01: 2:09pm On Jan 03
Japa pls, so dat the job can be made available for others

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kingsley Ogbuji Promoted To Major In The US Army (Pics) / Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. / Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.