Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,378 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:53 AM

Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind (1185 Views)

I Was Born Blind – Chidinma Ekile (Video) / Ojuolape Asuquo: Our Son Was Born Blind - Cobham's Asuquo's Wife / ‘I Was Born Blind’ – Chidinma Ekile Reveals In New Interview With Guardian Magaz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by DyshApp: 3:11pm On Jan 04
A Germany-based Catholic Priest has challenged singer Chidinma Ekile after she claimed that she was born blind but regained her sight following her mother’s prayers.

Recall that Chidinma, who quit secular music to become a gospel artist in 2021, disclosed this in a video on her YouTube page in May 2023.In response, Rev. Father Angelo Chidi Unegbu requested the singer to provide evidence supporting her claims of being born blind and later regaining her sight.

Taking to Facebook, the clergyman urged her to share details of the hospital of her birth, the names of the doctors who confirmed her blind, and whether she sought medical verification after recovering her sight.

According to him, he would like to send a team to the hospital for investigation and possibly interview the doctors and her mother.

He explained that his request is line with his recent initiative to scrutinize cases where individuals claim to have regained their sight in church.

Father Angelo wrote,

“TO MS. CHIDINMA EKILE

Dear Ms. Chidinma Ekile, I saw your video where you told the world that you were born blind but later received your sight when your mother went on her knees to God in prayer. To convince the doubting Thomases, I will please request that you give us permission to interview your mother, the hospital where you were born, the name and address of the hospital, and the doctor or doctors that confirmed you blind after birth and the cause of the blindness. We would also like to know whether you went back to the hospital or went to a doctor or doctors that confirmed you were blind after receiving your sight. If yes, may we know them as well? Our medical team will carry out the investigations as soon as we receive the required details. Please contact me via my email, cangelo123@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Rev. Fr. Dr. Angelo Chidi Unegbu

I am a Catholic priest who is based in Germany. My Facebook page is ‘Fada Angelo Chidi Unegbu’. I am interested in your case because last year we put up the challenge of searching for any visually impaired person who has ever received his or her sight after a man or woman of God prayed or laid hands on him or her, but no one showed up. Although in your own case it was your mother who prayed, the investigations will still help in clearing the air to a reasonable extent on claims of miraculously restoring the sight of the blind being made by some of our men and women of God in Nigeria.

Please help to share this message until it gets to Ms. Chidinma.”

Get More Celebrity Gist Here

Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by Absuchat(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04
Nsogbu
grin

If this gets to court, the singer will surely win.
After all, they usually tell us in the church that
" Sinners are spiritually blind"
So Chidinma can come out now and claim that she didn't meant physical blindness and case will be over

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by OKUCHI11(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04
Raise am Raisa am ...... Vuuu vuuu vuuu
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by OKUCHI11(m): 3:28pm On Jan 04
Absuchat:
Nsogbu
grin

So Chidinma can come out now and claim that she didn't meant physical blindness and case will be over
Raise am
raise am
raise am....

vooo chhhooo choo

Vooo choo chooo
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by OBTOREPA(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04
Which one is this again?
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by LikeAking: 3:57pm On Jan 04
Investigate this dia fake miracles..

She is a very stupid singer..

Secular nonsense

Gospel nonsense..
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by LikeAking: 3:59pm On Jan 04
Absuchat:
Nsogbu
grin

Nigerian mentality..

U thinks judges na daft people..

Dem go change am for the person as soon as they observe the person one use their head..

Immediately they they will remand that person in prison, make the person brain reset..
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by Mokason288(m): 4:00pm On Jan 04
LikeAking:

Nigerian mentality..

Dem go change am for the person as soon as they observe the person one use their head..

Immediately they they will remand that person in prison, make the person brain reset..

How old are you??

Make research or find time to visit a law court to find out how things are done

The judge can’t throw this case under the bus or remind Chidima because he was obviously not there when she was born

And he can’t prove Chidima wasn’t born blind because a lot of kids are actually born blind

This is an easy win if it actually gets to court
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by LikeAking: 4:11pm On Jan 04
Mokason288:

How old are you??

Make research or find time to visit a law court to find out how things are done

The judge can’t throw this case under the bus or remind Chidima because he was obviously not there when she was born

And he can’t prove Chidima wasn’t born blind because a lot of kids are actually born blind

This is an easy win if it actually gets to court

I should be asking you, how old u are?

Your reasoning ?

No judge will fall for that “I was burn blind = I was born a siner. Not actually blind”

That’s my point..

Judges are not daft, you don’t know anything about the legal system..

Forget the nonsense political judgments, dem go finish Chidima for court..

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by Rexymania(m): 4:39pm On Jan 04
E no concern me
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by joseph1832(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04
Asking her to name the doctors who confirm her blind is far fetched.

I personally don't know the doctors that delivered me into this world, but as for the hospital I was delivered in, I sure know the name. Like how can I ever forget it.

That clergyman shouldn't waste his time. Instead of making this whole thing public, he should have confirm from her classmate in nursery and primary school. It's that simple.
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by Absuchat(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04
LikeAking:

Nigerian mentality..

Unfortunately the law court doesn't give verdict base on emotions.
Court rules base on facts and evidence

Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by Suicideboy: 3:12am On Jan 05
It's possible

Look at me , I was born dead now I'm alive angry
Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by kokoA(m): 7:34am On Jan 05
I think it is time we started investigating most of these "miracles" these men of God feed us with on a regular.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Challenges Chidinma To Show Proof That She Was Born Blind by Nickymezor(f): 8:42am On Jan 05
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Video: D’banj, Tuface, Fally Ipupa On The 2011 Bet Awards Red Carpet / Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri / Tiwa Savage Signs Major Endorsement Deal With Pepsi Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.