Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,149 members, 7,880,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:07 PM

The Asue Trademarks: Unpretentious Compassion And Unforced Humility. With Dr A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Asue Trademarks: Unpretentious Compassion And Unforced Humility. With Dr A (127 Views)

Truck Runs Into Edo Gubernatorial Aspirant, Barr. Asue Ighodalo’s Car / Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen / BMC Stop Pushing The Word Humility With Our Presido Bc Of His Daura Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Asue Trademarks: Unpretentious Compassion And Unforced Humility. With Dr A by Samueliyobosa(m): 10:17am On Jan 05
THE ASUE TRADEMARKS: Unpretentious Compassion and Unforced Humility.

With Dr Asue Ighodalo, what you see is what you get. That's why I'm STANDING FOR HIM given the Screening exercise and the Almighty Primary, coming up shortly. And I pray you take a step of faith and stand with me and together, we take the Devine Mandate to the finish line ahead of the pack convincingly on September 21, 2024.

Acceptability is not a merchandise or service that is subject to bargaining or a bidding process; it's innately driven. Money DIDN'T buy the pictures you're seeing above. Humility and a compassionate spirit did. That's Dr Asue Ighodalo unscripted. And I can testify to those traits. In the fulfillment of that, I write this piece.

The first time we met, it was by accident - nothing arranged. Neither of us expected to meet with each other. He hadn't declared his intention to enter the 2024 Edo State gubernatorial race at the time, so he wasn't pitching or courting my endorsement or loyalty as one would assume.

Besides, I wasn't wearing a Babariga, a Senator, or a designer suit. I had on a pair of blue jeans, torn at the knee level, a short-sleeved linen shirt, and a sneaker - just casual. Nothing fantastic or reflective of anything substantial about me.

For the few minutes that the discussion lasted between us, his hand was around my shoulder, holding me as we talked and joked. The scene reminded me of that of long-lost buddies meeting again after many years apart. Yet, we were meeting for the first time.

This man is not just about corporate this or corporate that. He has an accommodating soft side, that oozes a compassionate aura. Twice during our short meeting, he jokes about why I should allow him to have my jeans. I just couldn't stop laughing.

My beloved people of Edo State, I know very soon you will be seeing these posters around your neighborhood. I want you to know that the man you're seeing in those pictures is truly who he is in real life. He is authentic and his camaraderie spirit is unparalleled.

Finally, I know what love is and I know one when I see one because I was brought up in love. In a similar vein, I know a little about leadership and I know what happens when leadership virtues and visions collide with inherent love and compassion. The people benefit maximally, and that's the natural consequence.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, besides his abundant wisdom, had a deep love for his people. Prof Ambrose Alli was similarly endowed. So was Lee Kuan Yew and Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, as well as Uncle Joe Biden, the current president of the United States of America - an embodiment of humility, love, and compassion.

And it's in the same light I see my brother, Dr Asuenimhen Ighodalo. And when all else fails, love endures and True Leadership evolves. It's no longer about the availability of resources, but what must we do to create new resources - setting new benchmarks. That was Papa Awo and that's Uncle Joe Biden of our time.

Like Papa Awo, Lee Kuan Yew, and Uncle Joe Biden, Dr Asue Ighodalo has the intellectual zeal, corporate and entrepreneurial acumen, innate wisdom, and a compassionate spirit to carry the people along when push comes to shove. His records speak volumes and Alaghodaro is a success story. That is why I AM STANDING FOR DR ASUE IGHODALO of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2024 Edo State gubernatorial primary and the general election.

And as William Shakespeare would say in Macbeth: "The flighty purpose never is o'ertook unless the deed go with it ..." This 2024 Edo State gubernatorial race is a flighty purpose; therefore, the earlier we catch up with it, take a stand, and build a sustainable momentum for a convincing victory on September 21, 2024, the safer and better.

Once again, Happy New Year and a fruitful campaign season ahead, folks.

Barr Alex Aidaghese.

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2024: Ighodalo Will Emerge Candidate Of The PDP - Andrew Enantomhen / A Clarion Call For Community Policing In Nigeria / Family Threatens To Expose Politicians Who Worked Against Kanu’s Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.