Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,891 members, 7,879,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate (7247 Views)

FG To Introduce Toll On Some Reconstructed Roads – Fashola / Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola / President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Kennyblues(m): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2011
Just heard it now on Radio
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by don33310(m): 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2011
I heard it too,what a Goodluck madness.
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Librate(m): 11:18pm On Nov 03, 2011
i hope its the normal radio news @9
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by SamMilla1(m): 11:24pm On Nov 03, 2011
heard that on 98.3 fm in lagos this evening. if that will fix our roads, fine. everything in this country depend on oil.
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2011
So what exactly do they call those stop points where police checks for "papers" and asks for money?
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Librate(m): 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

So what exactly do they call those stop points where police checks for "papers" and asks for money?
CHECKING POINT
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 04, 2011
^^^ Is that it. So will Check point disappear then?
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Beaf: 2:57am On Nov 04, 2011
As long as the tolls aren't handled by a mega thief like IBB, I'm cool. It would actually be quite welcomed if we see that our tolls are actually going toward fixing the roads.
Oil cannot pay for everything in the country, while the people lay back and dose off. We need to find other sources of funding, or we will surely sink below the surface; all over the World, roads are maintained with taxes from various sources, not with money from exports. Its just wrong to do that.
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by jmaine: 2:59am On Nov 04, 2011
Another policy somersault . . .What happens when the next president comes . . . Destroy it again, i guess  angry  . . . How do we expect investors to come in . . .when policies are juggled up at any giving time . . . .
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Demdem(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2011
Sam Milla:

heard that on 98.3 fm in lagos this evening. if that will fix our roads, fine. everything in this country depend on oil.

These guys are simply useless. Vast majority of Nigerians could be easily fooled but i refuse to be.

The other day before these tolls were demolished OBJ increase the cost of fuel and he promised that part of the funds will be channeled to FERMA for the maintenance of the roads. One of the palliative measures he promised and did was the demolition of these toll gates.

Years after, only God knows if these funds are being given to FERMA because FERMA seems not to be doing anything. Cost of fuel hasnt gone down in price and the govt is planning to return these toll gates. its so unfortunate that Nigerians generally do have a very short memory. The PDP govt knows this and easily making use of this fault of ours to harm us.

SAMMILLA,  it wont solve or fix any road. its simply part of the grand deception that has been in play since 1999.
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by mobf: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2011
Demdem:

These guys are simply useless. Vast majority of Nigerians could be easily fooled but i refuse to be.

[b]The other day before these tolls were demolished OBJ increase the cost of fuel and he promised that part of the funds will be channeled to FERMA for the maintenance of the roads. One of the palliative measures he promised and did was the demolition of these toll gates.

Years after, only God knows if these funds are being given to FERMA because FERMA seems not to be doing anything. Cost of fuel hasnt gone down in price and the govt is planning to return these toll gates. its so unfortunate that Nigerians generally do have a very short memory. The PDP govt knows this and easily making use of this fault of ours to harm us.

SAMMILLA, it wont solve or fix any road. its simply part of the grand deception that has been in play since 1999.[/b]

True, Very true
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by mobf: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2011
A clueless president indeed! angry angry
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by zignor(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2011
OBJ spent billions of Naira to demolish the toll gate even when he was adviced to leave the tolls like that
Now, GEJ want to rebuild it with billions of naira angry sad
infact, Nigeria ruler are Idiots angry sad
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by 9icest: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2011
Fuel price to go up.
Cost of living to go up.
Toll gates to be built on pot-hole riddled roads.
We should clap for those mor0ns who voted for GEJ.
I am so happy his #1 supporters are those poor dindinrins who will bear the brunt more.
Might just change my nationality to Malaysian completely and forget Nigeria with a wicked and uncaring leader like GEJ ruling y'all.
Anyways, if Goodluck can do it, You too can do it (what a nation of losers).
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by 9icest: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2011
Beaf:

As long as the tolls aren't handled by a mega thief like IBB, I'm cool. It would actually be quite welcomed if we see that our tolls are actually going toward fixing the roads.
Oil cannot pay for everything in the country, while the people lay back and dose off. We need to find other sources of funding, or we will surely sink below the surface; all over the World, roads are maintained with taxes from various sources, not with money from exports. Its just wrong to do that.

You should kindly shut up sometimes. You are actually the most useless person here because you dont even have an opinion.
I heard GEJ gives you a monthly check for your conscience and your brain. Just leave Nigerians alone and go spend your filthy money.
And I hope the money brings you death and sorrow.
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by wewe1(m): 10:10am On Nov 04, 2011
Singing Femi Kuti's song,
Sorry sorry oooooo
I sorry for NIGERIAAAaaaah
E gbami ooooooooooooo
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by yoxy: 10:15am On Nov 04, 2011
We are at it again, instability of govt policies. I would expect the current minister to explain in details Govt's blueprint for infrastructural developments including road expansions et al. Piecemeal announcement of Govt actions doesn't portray good leadership. Let's know how many roads would be concessioned/ constructed/ expanded in a specific time frame not coming out to promise us better roads once road tolls are introduced. We are tired of promises, we want to have a road map with clear strategies in place. Let's be able to make someone accountable if targets are not met. It's high time we depart from our old methods of planning. Let's stop acting as if most decisions are taken as the spirit directs.
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by nku5: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2011
Gej is a bloody twit and I am starting to believe he may be the worst president ever. From removal of so called fuel subsidy to this? I am scared to ask what's next. Time emigrate to brush up on my french and emigrate to gabon
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Gbenge77(m): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2011
Many nigerians will not find that cheering.
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by highland(m): 10:33am On Nov 04, 2011
This is good if ,
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by MmuoOkija: 10:33am On Nov 04, 2011
Very good move by GEJ!!
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by anishe(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2011
This is a clarion call to all Nairalanders and Nigerians in diaspora to please come back home.

GEJ is performing. He has removed fuel subsidy and he intends to re-introduce toll gate on our highways. In fact, PDP is performing.

PLEASE COME BACK HOME
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by asedeygo: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2011
This GED is the worst ruling president in the world right now. He's even worse than OBJ now that the first term is not even gotten to half how much heat Nigerians are still going to face?
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by asedeygo: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2011
anishe:

This is a clarion call to all Nairalanders and Nigerians in diaspora to please come back home.

GEJ is performing. He has removed fuel subsidy and he intends to re-introduce toll gate on our highways. In fact, PDP is performing.

PLEASE COME BACK HOME

Is it about PDP? Some certain individuals are not meant for this presidency. Now you see why even his own brother treathens him
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2011
toll gate cry
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by logica(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2011
Toll-gates should only be built to charge trailers and lorries for now; as far as I'm concerned they are the ones causing major damage to highways. This will force haulage companies to actually start considering rail as a better option. Tolling cars should come much later; not now.
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by asedeygo: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2011
logica:

Toll-gates should only be built to charge trailers and lorries for now; as far as I'm concerned they are the ones causing major damage to highways. This will force haulage companies to actually start considering rail as a better option. Tolling cars should come much later; not now.

We need people like you. GOod 1
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by amtheone(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2011
It shows that our so call leaders dont even know what to do. Jumping from pilla to post wont solve the problem of this country.

The only way forward is to make laws that will stop looters from looting our money. And because they are all corrupt, so it bcomes difficult/impossible for them to make such law.

If they like, let them introduce toll gate on streets or better still house toll gate. The money realize will still earn up in one man's pocket. So what is the essence?
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by olawalebabs(m): 11:06am On Nov 04, 2011
removing subsidy and re introducing toll gate. More money to spend on hiring SA and throwing Owanme parties
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by Kx: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2011
There will be no fuel subsidy- hence increase in fuel price.

Re-introduction of toll gate- another form of tax.
And all proceeds are for road construction, energy, provision of infrastructure etc,
why dont they cancel PAYE,VAT,Corporate Tax and other form of taxes??
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by mobf: 11:12am On Nov 04, 2011
9icest:

You should kindly shut up sometimes. You are actually the most useless person here because you dont even have an opinion.
I heard GEJ gives you a monthly check for your conscience and your brain. Just leave Nigerians alone and go spend your filthy money.
And I hope the money brings you death and sorrow.

shocked shocked shocked  grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate by metrixserv: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2011
This is madness,removing oil subsidy,increasing power tarrifs and also reintroducing toll gate,this is cruel,nigerian should reject these wicked policy in totality,is as if GEJ does not even have any ideas at all,placing all these burden on the shoulder of already pauperised nigerian in the name of having enough money to share or loot,God will punish these people,let wait till january

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Backs Oshiomhole Over Execution Of 4 Condemned Criminals / The Moroccans Are Coming !!! / Sit At Home.The Two Unknown Gun Men That Took Over The Street Is Down.pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.