Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,225 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:19 AM

My Office Does Not Make Payments On Behalf Of Mdas, AGF Clarifies The AGF Explai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Office Does Not Make Payments On Behalf Of Mdas, AGF Clarifies The AGF Explai (117 Views)

Oyebanji Set To Rejig Activities Of MDAs, Chairs 3-Day Ministerial Briefings / Nnamdi Kanu: I Did Not Write The AGF, It Is Fake News - Emeka Ihedioha / Olawunmi Ogunmosunle Explains Delay In Payment Of MDAs’ October Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1)

My Office Does Not Make Payments On Behalf Of Mdas, AGF Clarifies The AGF Explai by ThebestPromise: 3:08pm On Jan 06
The Accountant General of the Federation (AGF), Dr. Oluwatoyin Madein, has clarified that the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation does not make payments on behalf of MDAs for projects and programmes implemented by the Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs).

The AGF was reacting to media reports concerning a request from the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation for payment of grants to vulnerable groups in some States of the Federation.

She stated that allocations are released to self-accounting MDAs in line with the budget and such MDAs are responsible for the implementation of their projects and payments for such projects.

In a statement in Abuja, the AGF explained that although her Office received the said request from the Ministry, it did not carry out the payment.

According to her, the Ministry was however advised on the appropriate steps to take in making such payments in line with the established payment procedure.

The AGF noted that in such situations, payments are usually processed by the affected Ministries as self-accounting entities and no bulk payment is supposed to be made to an individual’s account in the name of Project Accountant.

She added that such payment should be sent to the beneficiaries through their verified bank accounts.

Dr. Madein reiterated her determination to uphold the principles of accountability and transparency in the management of public finances. She advised MDAs to always ensure that the requisite steps are taken in carrying out financial transactions.

Source: www.channelstv.com
Re: My Office Does Not Make Payments On Behalf Of Mdas, AGF Clarifies The AGF Explai by Mynd44: 6:56pm On Jan 06

(1)

Security Operatives Going After Fake Degree Holders Should Start With Tinubu – N / Tinubu Suspends Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs And Poverty Alleviation, Edu Fr / Scandal: EFCC Blocks Betta Edu, Sadiya Umar-farouq From Fleeing Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.