Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,991 members, 7,949,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem (8517 Views)

Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Dangote, MTN, Others Lose N1.7 Trillion To Naira Depreciation / Naira Depreciation: USD Supply Drops By 42% At FOREX Market Despite Binance Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by tiswell(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07
Pathetic
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by ceejay80s(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07
Ur president tinubu doesn't care, he is making his money through embezzlement, so all of Una leave Nigeria no concern them, same as all former presidents..
The citizens are the ones suffering, we will revolt one day and take back our country
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Proudlyomonna: 3:25pm On Jan 07
EmperorCaesar:
sad

This is really bad
But then,Naira isnt rolling down an incline plane so it won't continue to go bad for them

Trust Cardoso to make the Naira appreciates again and these guys will have stronger reasons double their productivity

As for the enemy of the states, dem go quote me to explain tire....Obidients I mean cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are wrong.

Obidients are patriots who are tired of this evil APC structure of pain,hardship,insecurity and poverty, na urchins wey dey jubilate while the evil APC give them the true shege suffering be enemy and nuisance to the Country.

3 Likes

Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by tochez24(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07
Buharism101:
Against all odds.... Nigeria will be great insha Allah 🇳🇬

A word of a FOOL⚠️

2 Likes

Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by sematec(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07
Blame Emefiele
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by AliEzeOlu: 3:47pm On Jan 07
JASONjnr:
These ones might be warming up to leave the country as well....

I wonder what Tinubu is doing as a first class Accountant from CSU. A school that receives bribe to hide the real identity of their students.

FG banning schools refused to ban CSU.

Of course, what's business without gain??
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Bishopfelix: 4:00pm On Jan 07
Nigeria is working, Next step they want to relocate out from Nigeria
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Igodan76: 4:00pm On Jan 07
So with all these losses 📉 how come they are still in business? Na wa oooo!!!!

Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/cadbury-guinness-others-lost-n472bn-to-naira-depreciation-report
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Brushstrokes20: 4:07pm On Jan 07
Too bad👀👀👀👀👀👀
# the shyyythole from fry pan to FIRE 🔥🔥🔥🔥✅💯🚩
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Franking: 4:19pm On Jan 07
If they fold up then more wahala dey be that.
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by lionshare: 4:30pm On Jan 07
what sort of unbalance news is this? Currency depreciation is a two way street while some will lose when reporting their revenues in USD those with USD will have huge gains when converted to LCY. This is the reason for the huge earnings of the banks last year.
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Juniorangel(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07
First Class Accountant is working
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Samesame247: 5:10pm On Jan 07
Kukutente23:
It is well even in the well

Because God is aware
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Mandate1: 5:16pm On Jan 07
EmperorCaesar:
sad

This is really bad
But then,Naira isnt rolling down an incline plane so it won't continue to go bad for them

Trust Cardoso to make the Naira appreciates again and these guys will have stronger reasons double their productivity

As for the enemy of the states, dem go quote me to explain tire....Obidients I mean cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
obidients are not your enemies, your real enemies are those who make policies without thinking the real economic implication for all. The masses and businesses are made to suffer, while the political class get billions to buy luxurious cars. What happened to the cars used by the previous legislators? Only in Nigeria government do we see them budget billions every now and them for cars. The average public school will use one bus for 20yrs, that's if they even have one.

2 Likes

Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by experience16: 5:32pm On Jan 07
Originalsly
post=127823767:

They've made enough .... they should leave and let us develop our own industry using our resources.
I tried to understand how Nigerians reason. Which Nigerian has deemed it fit to invest in Nigeria without enslaving Nigerians that work for them with hostile working environment and toxic conditions of service , with terrible remuneration. Nigerian don't know how to manage business but kill it. Check out how many Nigerian businesses, that are owned and managed by Nigerians that are thriving in Nigeria,to a reasonable extent,less than 5%

1 Like

Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Jaycee07(m): 6:00pm On Jan 07
EmperorCaesar:
sad

This is really bad

Enemies of state?? Hahahahahah. You know what I really enjoy about this your lamentation?
The hardship don touch you no be small.
Yemi Cardoso. The central bank. Bla bla bla bla.
Even in advance economies, federal reserve chairman/chairwoman only have to rely on fundamentals of economics:
1. Increase productivity
2. Increase interest rates ( that way you discourage people from spending)
3. Tighten up other monetary policies such as widening your exports net to yield more forex liquidity and containing/ reducing government debt and spending
Do you not agree that the exact opposite is happening in Nigeria?
You know who the real enemy is? You. For refusing to call out corrupt officials.

1 Like

Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by aspabay(m): 6:28pm On Jan 07
One quick question if they lost that much, someoelse must have gained that much. Who is it?
Nigeria?
Foreign companies?
Who?
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Originalsly: 6:44pm On Jan 07
experience16:

I tried to understand how Nigerians reason. Which Nigerian has deemed it fit to invest in Nigeria without enslaving Nigerians that work for them with hostile working environment and toxic conditions of service , with terrible remuneration. Nigerian don't know how to manage business but kill it. Check out how many Nigerian businesses, that are owned and managed by Nigerians that are thriving in Nigeria,to a reasonable extent,less than 5%

True..... but the same can be said of foreign businesses ... which often treat locals worse. Let's not even include those in Free Zones. Shouldn't we be trying to invest in ourselves?
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by faheem0frank: 7:26pm On Jan 07
My popcorn business also collapsed .My popcorn business also collapsed ....

1 Like

Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Babangidapikin: 7:37pm On Jan 07
Even General Abacha is angry at the other side ... I don't know who he is referring to as Chief whether it the President or the other man
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by YouAreNobody: 8:42pm On Jan 07
Clobisman:

It's easy to mention those conglomerate what about medium factories like some of us operate. I can't even start mentioning all the loss I accrued last year. It has never been so bad business wise like last year for some of us.
I have an oxygen plant under construction in Owerri. I've already invested around 28M in the factory so far but I've decided to stop the construction for now and see if things will improve in this country. No use continuing when I'm not even sure I'll recoup my capital.

I honestly pity people who are doing business in nigeria. the government isn't helping at all

1 Like

Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Charly68: 8:59pm On Jan 07
You didn't tell us how much they gained when there was no depreciation of naira value. . Try to be balancing your report. Business climate is not static .. they should have foreseen all that is happening now when Emefiele was helping them to pad everything paddable.. we were living on fake economic values then .. Now that Emilokan knew that Debt would destroy his agenda he had to apply his instinct to do the needful . The father Christmas of Nigeria Govt is enough .
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by jookco1: 9:43pm On Jan 07
Righthussle:
No need to panic. Naira will appreciate soon. Deputy god is on the matter but there seem to be a little problem. It seems his god is mistaking naira for dollars. Ever since he made the decree, dollars has appreciated even more. Daddy G O made this decree when 1$ was equal to #200 , now 1$ is equal to #1200.
lol
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by obaidan: 9:50pm On Jan 07
Originalsly:
They've made enough .... they should leave and let us develop our own industry using our resources.
u are doing yourself.
Re: Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem by Konquest: 12:43am On Jan 08
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/cadbury-guinness-others-lost-n472bn-to-naira-depreciation-report
That's commulatively a huge loss. Share dividends would definitely be cut.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has Nairaland Enabled You To Achieve This 2013 / ⚡⭐Make Money with Shopify Dropshipping Free Complete Step By Step Training Cours / What Business Can I Start With 200,000naria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.