Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,489 members, 7,937,426 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration (4286 Views)

APC Tweets About Money AIT Got From GEJ's Administration. Do You Agree? / Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / GEJ Administration Is A Disappointment - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2011
birdman:

Your point is well taken, but unfortunately, it is not even that simple. Radioactive hot spots have been found as far away as Tokyo, from the Fukushima accident. If orderly nations have a heck of a time controlling this thing, why would a nation that cant even maintain its own roads even bother to try? God, how much longer of this "fresh air". What kind of stupidity is this.
stupidity @ the highest order. Like someone rightly said, nepa coudn't be managed, how much more this. This is like signing a death warrant.
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by 1forall: 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
This na real 'I dey laugh' mata  grin
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
The Half life of Nuclear waste can potentially be shortened by the process of Transmutation

However, still at an early stage. . .and not feasilble in even the next 10 years I think?

The question is why a country with extensive gas reserves and abundant direct sunlight not exploring other avenues undecided
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
i know
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by kooto(m): 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2011
GEJ sshould just face hydro/solar energy & leave nuclear for now, i am thinking that GEJ is just playing around this light issue, abi he cannot deliver? if i were him i will go for one point agenda light & leave the rest for another president, shikenna.
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Horus(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2011
What will happen if Boko Haram terrorists got their hands on the nuclear wastes?
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by manny4life(m): 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
@Beaf,

I've for sometime stood by GEJ decisions, but some of his recent decisions are making me think twice. Wasup with Nuclear power? Western countries are trying hard to do away with Nuclear---Germany, France, United States (at least not anytime soon, but they won't be commissioning again says the NRC). We have enough gas reserves, what happened to Hydro? I know they have clean coal energy, like what is seriously going on?

Do you endorse this idea?
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by logica(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2011
Come to think of it; we may just be taking our "leaders" too seriously. If everyone of us can clearly see this is a bad idea (especially considering the embarrassment of alternative energy sources we have) we should know that the real idea is just to create another white elephant sink basin for enough skimming of raw cash. No nuclear power plant will ever go online. It's all a ruse to maintain the status quo. The Diesel Mafia will be very much intact.
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Kx: 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
This govt is good at making news
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Konnektions146(m): 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2011
what is wrong with Building a wind farm on all these our hills and off shore locations?

though expensive for set up but least maintenance required.
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by AZeD1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
comedy half hour with GEJ
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Godmann(m): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2011
ZOOMBIE oooh, Zooombie.

A man that could not walk want to fly.

Zoombieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Horus(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
What will happen to Nigeria in the event of a nuclear disaster?
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
Nuclear plant! No way,I dont want a situation were my wife will give birth to 'CALIBOS'(half human half monster), Make dem build am for Aso Rock, chikena
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by frenchman2: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2011
we can't even maintain street lights, how much more a nuclear power plant.

The day a nuclear plant is installed in nigeria, that' the day i'll relocate to another country. period.
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by Beaf: 3:55am On Nov 05, 2011
manny4life:

@Beaf,

I've for sometime stood by GEJ decisions, but some of his recent decisions are making me think twice. Wasup with Nuclear power? Western countries are trying hard to do away with Nuclear---Germany, France, United States (at least not anytime soon, but they won't be commissioning again says the NRC). We have enough gas reserves, what happened to Hydro? I know they have clean coal energy, like what is seriously going on?

Do you endorse this idea?

I'm all for the mini-reactors that require zero maintenance. We wouldn't need to do anything aside from returning them to the factory where they were made to be recharged with fuel and sent back. That seems perfectly safe and just a few of those can seriously boost our power production overnight.
That said, such plants should only be used as quick wins to get power production up to economically appreciable levels. In other words, nuclear should form a disposable part of our energy strategy; a highly effective technology that we can phase out as we get richer and put more coal, solar, gas and hydro replacements into production.

I am against old style larger nuclear plants that need detailed care and maintenance though, cos na suicide be dat.
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by ArQuAbOy(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2011
Something must be wrong with GED. What about solar power which is more enviromental friendly? Didnt his advisers think of it too?
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by ektbear: 8:22am On Nov 05, 2011
Horus:

What will happen to Nigeria in the event of a nuclear disaster?

Many dead, many others giving birth to chickens and goats. And wherever the disaster happens becomes a place unfit for human habitation for a long, long time.

All because naija leadership is too foolish to take advantage of the natural gas that God for some reason decided to give 'em. Enough gas to power all of West Africa, and most of Africa sef.
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by deemark: 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
don't have problem with the so called nuclear project in as much say na him home town for bayelsa the plat go dey!! dem neva manage oil spillage na nuclear palava dem they think of,dnt knw why our govt are so stupid sumtime, waste money,waste resources and endanger lives of masses that all they know,
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by jboi25: 5:25am On Nov 06, 2011
i no support this one oooooooooooo
because dos western world go just use nigeria to turn to dumping ground for all thier toxic waste,
then apart from d plenty problems wen de 9ja now them one add radioactive problems too
my God no go gree undecided shocked grin
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by sley4life(m): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2011
we are tired of such news
Re: Nuclear-powered Electricity A Major Priority In GEJ’s Administration by olajide8(m): 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2011
@beaf is it a proposal or have they said they would do it, Nuclear power nice good, but for nigerians, to be maintained by nigerians, we are finished OBJ built NIPP stations without considering that they needed to supply gas their, we can't seem to maintain the water level of kainji dam to ensure steady supply of light only during the raining seasons, refineries can't be maintained, lecturers on strike can't be solved, the government wants to remove fuel subsidy nothing can be maintained electricity which we occassional see is also epilethic in the supply, believe you me they would say maiduguri is the best place to situate it without considering the fact that their is no water in maiduguri, or better still it might be GEJ alternative to eradicate boko haram in the north this is a film in the making the total eradication of nigerians with and by the use of nigerian leaders. May God save us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crisis Brews In Pdp Over Choice Of Chairman / The State Of FG Rehabilitated Roads In Your Area / The FRAUD Called Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.