Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? (6575 Views)

Undergraduates Raped, Robbed Job Seeker And Took Her Unclad Photos / Have You Ever Been Robbed Before? Share Experience / Man Robbed In Broad Daylight On Eko Bridge (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by RiffRaff: 1:08am On Nov 04, 2011
Got Robbed Tuesday Night around 9:15pm three Houses Away from Unilag Junction close 2 Yabatech.
3 Man Gang on a Bike. It all happened in less than 2 Min.
I was walkin down 2 d Bustop with a Collegue. We Noticed 2 Guys Behind us walkin, i was about 2 tell my pal 2 let us make a Dash 4 it when they brought out their Pistols.
They Collected my Bag which contained a White Sony Viao laptop, 3 Wristwatch (Movado, Promade & D&G which i unfortunatly choose that day 2 Repair), My School Project (almost Completed), flash drive, Mobile phone, Money & other Important Documents.
They also carted away with my Friend's HP laptop, Wallet, phone & Wrist Watch.
It wasnt funny at all, i tried resisting cuz i wanted 2 be Sure they were really holdin a gun + i was buyin time hopin somebody might come 2 Rescue us. 1 of d Guys Cocked his Pistol & Threatened 2 kill us, I begged him 2 let me take d documents in my Bag & 2 take d money inside my wallet cuz of my I.D card. They were havin none of that, 1 of them took d Money in my wallet & dropped it.
They got on a Bike & Zoomed off.
Went 2 d Police Station Wednesday (yesterday)Morning 2 make a Report. I was Told we Have 2 pay N20,000 to get a Police Report.

Its d 1st time i'll ever experience a Robbery, Am stil in a Shock cuz i keep havin Flash Back, Share ur Experience
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by meonbooty: 3:59am On Nov 04, 2011
Riff-Raff:

Got Robbed Tuesday Night around 9:15pm three Houses Away from Unilag Junction close 2 Yabatech.

From Yabatech second gate right?

That area is really dark and desolate? Why even take that risk that late?

Well, thank God you survived it.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Switup: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2011
Chei yaaaaaa my bros sorry oooo. Neva been robbed one on one bt d day they attacked my neigbhour livig at next compound, na pice i pice 4 pant wen i hed gunshot sad. Plus dnt u eva strugle wit them u cud b toying with ur life.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by octar6: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2011
yes,when I was a student in the uni. some guys with guns and small axe came to my room and obtained me and my room mate of our phones ,wallets containin good cash cus i was about goin for an award nite dat day.I resisted @ first,but men dos guys brush me sha.the also used the back of the axe to dislocate my left arm for me dat nite.so i learnt never to resist such an attack again. lipsrsealed
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by doctokwus: 9:14am On Nov 05, 2011
Shud av posted d name of d station that dmended N20k frm u to incident d case.No effort shd b spared to ensure d police do their jobs right,its attitude like those displayed by d police dat embolden some criminals to contnue in dere bad ways
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by eghost247(m): 9:15am On Nov 05, 2011
This didn't even happen in Nigeria but the guys who robbed me are my country men knocked on my door unsuspecting me opeaned they sprayed pepper spray on my eyes next thing i know i was on the ground ransacked my apartment made away with about 300euros they even tried to confuse me by saying we are from Senegal because they knew i could tell they are Nigerians later found out i was set up by one of my friends, was Terrified
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 05, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
LOL at these replies, thank God u guys didnt die sha,, ppl wicked o shocked
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by zalak45: 9:22am On Nov 05, 2011
Yeah, 10 yrs ago along benin lagos expressway. At ore, at night around 8pm. The bus left aba late around 12 and got there very late, they had brought down a tree onto the road. Had stopped 1 other bus b4 us, as the driver slow down to look the other bus, next thing was bang! bang!. all lights broken, all windows smashed, them 1st remove driver go collect him money, then 1 by 1 we were made to come out of the bus and search, 1st guy had hidden 100k in his pants, them break him head, i had 20k in my breast pocket. They took that, chased us into the bush. Not long after that, they stopped another bus, and after that they left. 5mins later, police arrived shooting like they were in the wild wild west. 1 guy come dey shout from the bush, pls dont shoot at us ooo, we have just been robbed.
After a while we went out, guess what the cops said? We have told you guys not to travel at night na!!! cheesy
Nawa 4 naija oooo

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by pizzaboi55(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2011
it appears the rogue-police felt the thiefs hadnt done enuf 'extortion' olredi,na wao
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Yankee01: 9:30am On Nov 05, 2011
Sorry about that and thank god you survive.

I weak for all those "RIF-RAFF" smiley
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by zalak45: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2011
The cops been even dey laugh us self cheesy
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by ArQuAbOy(m): 9:35am On Nov 05, 2011
Never been robbed and dont hope to be
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by zalak45: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2011
My babe even breakup with me cus of that incident, long story my peeps, cheesy cus when i come reach lagos, come ask my babe make she raise me some change, she say okay, on getting to 1st bank building at lagos mainland, she gave me some change b4 she climb bike, only for me to find out in the evening that the bike man said to her: nawa ooo, so now na woman dey give man money :cheesy, trust our naija babes, dem no like stress 1 bit na so we take share garri cheesy
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by femzy(m): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2011
I was also attacked @ Maryland just before climbing the bridge during traffic around 8pm, 2 years back.I was driving with a relative beside me and i noticed the traffic was getting too intense. Only to see a guy beside me screaming open open open. I looked @ the other side and saw two other guyz approaching my relative's door.
He asked me not to open but i didnt even know before i opened the damn thang. Next thing i heard was a gun shot to the head-rest. I just gave them my bag,fones and wallet as i was coming from the office. My relative raised a Bible up and started saying we were coming from the church.

To end the story, when i got to the traffic lights. It was blank like midnight. Every police,lastma,hawker there had disappeared. If only that bullet had hit my head; i definitely wont have brains to type this even i survived it.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Yankee01: 10:04am On Nov 05, 2011
Riff-Raff:

Went 2 d Police Station Wednesday (yesterday)Morning 2 make a Report. I was Told we Have 2 pay N20,000 to get a Police Report.

Imagine!!! angry
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Basildon1(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2011
lol @ sum posts,
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by honeric01(m): 10:33am On Nov 05, 2011
Was hungry and hadn't cooked, felt i needed to eat something, so i dashed out of the house for one of the closest supermarkets (just the next bustop from my bustop around Akowonjo road then) for something fast and quick to eat, getting there, i didn't even suspect, a guy was standing at the front of the supermarket (hefty), i entered and he blocked me flashing me a stainless gun from around his belt when i was trying to turn back because i saw some people kneeling down inside the store.

They obtained my wallet (about 3k5 inside), was asking for my phone (had my then E71 in my other pocket), i did as if i didn't hear him and quickly fell on my kneels, slept on the pocket containing my phone and didn't move even when they kept yelling "where's your phone", another person joined us, was obtained too until one man entered (hefty too), resisted the one at the door and yelled out (all this happened around 8pm on that busy (with traffic everywhere) road. They shot a bullet up and drove off through a bike. I thanked and thank God they only took N3k and not that phone (bought it around 60k then, 1 month after it was released).

My girlfriend was also robbed of recent (Last month), was coming from work around Festac-Ijesha, was robbed off her necklace, 2 phones, bag containing the bank documents and all them ish (that happened when their bus heading to Cele was stopped by 2 men that boarded the bus with weapons.)

Nothing happened to her too and i am happy.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by logica(m): 10:41am On Nov 05, 2011
zalak45:

My babe even breakup with me cus of that incident, long story my peeps, cheesy cus when i come reach lagos, come ask my babe make she raise me some change, she say okay, on getting to 1st bank building at lagos mainland, she gave me some change b4 she climb bike, only for me to find out in the evening that the bike man said to her: nawa ooo, so now na woman dey give man money :cheesy, trust our naija babes, dem no like stress 1 bit na so we take share garri cheesy
You are lucky; the incident did some good. You don't need a dumb woman who finds the opinion of a monkey on an okada important.

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2011
My experience bad gan! It happened durin my nysc year! i slept while readin comments on nairaland around after 12 midnite. While sleepin, i heard a very loud slam in my room! Gboaaaa! I jumped up in fear frm my bed and BEHOLD! A mask man with a very BIG GUN wit smoke oozin frm d mouth of d gun and his mouth too cos he was smokin weed while on operation! He pounced on me! Bruised me and ask me to bring out all my valuables, he collected my brand new HP laptop, LG dvd lap top, gold chain, nokia E71, N98, and a touch lite nokia fone, #10,000, then he asked me a very silly question, ''u wan make i shoot u?'' i begged him not to shoot me! And he left my room! They succeded in rapin 2 female corpers in my lodge cos we were 4 livin in a flat. 2boys and 2girls! I was shocked to find out d gun shot i heard landed on my bed! I still shiver till date abt it! Lord hav mercy!
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by eghost247(m): 11:10am On Nov 05, 2011
Boyloaf:

My experience bad gan! It happened durin my nysc year! i slept while readin comments on nairaland around after 12 midnite. While sleepin, i heard a very loud slam in my room! Gboaaaa! I jumped up in fear frm my bed and BEHOLD! A mask man with a very BIG GUN wit smoke oozin frm d mouth of d gun and his mouth too cos he was smokin weed while on operation! He pounced on me! Bruised me and ask me to bring out all my valuables, he collected my brand new HP laptop, LG dvd lap top, gold chain, nokia E71, N98, and a touch lite nokia fone, #10,000, then he asked me a very silly question, ''u wan make i shoot u?'' i begged him not to shoot me! And he left my room! They succeded in rapin 2 female corpers in my lodge cos we were 4 livin in a flat. 2boys and 2girls! I was shocked to find out d gun shot i heard landed on my bed! I still shiver till date abt it! Lord hav mercy!
wow
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Agybabe(f): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2011
Mine was like two years ago. I was coming from a vigil around 5am, a friend of mine (male) offerred to see me off to a certain point. We got almost halfway to my area and he asked to go back. Not up to 5minutes after he went back, i noticed a man coming towards me, i had double mind maybe i was safe or not. He asked me to stop, at first i hesistated until i got to place close to light. He was dressed like a police officer with kondo, beret, trouser and sweater due to the cold i think. He asked me about where i was coming from where i was heading to, who was that guy, who my father was and where i live. With little fear, i told him i was coming from church and going home, the guy is my church member who offered to see me off, my father too is a force man and i lived in the barracks. He told me the guy i was moving with has been arrested way back for stealing phone and he was been traced by the police and led by his accomplice and he (the police) was asked to go after me and bring me back to where he was been held. I was perplexed but i followed because my hand were clean. On my way back, he asked me about the phone i was using (then i was using itel chinko) maybe it was the guy that gave it to me but i said no, my dad got it for me. He said he will help me by releasing me. Not quite far from us, i saw an image that looked like the boy that was said to be arrested, but since it was dark, i couldn't get the picture. We moved on, then the officer asked me to wait, i waited, he moved over to an dark area where there was noise, people and somebody crying please sir, so i believed this is real. He came back and asked me to bring my phone, that he wants to use it to interrogate the guy, i gave it to him (switched off and battery low), he went and never came back. I waited for some time, then went to meet people as that area. I saw some officers and explained to them, they said there was nothing like that that happened. Later i saw the boy and he said it never happened. I was confused but that made me wiser.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Sijo01(f): 11:57am On Nov 05, 2011
[b]I neva believed i can b rob in life because bck in school robbing was so rampant, even as dat, i go out and come bck anytime i like witout falling a victim. even wen i was doing my NYSC it was same.

but jst last year, i was going to work around 6:35am, jst came out 4rm my street wen a bike passed me , i noticed dey made a u-turn but it neva occurred to me dat i was abut to fall a victim. b4 i cud say Jark Robison, one of dem jumped down from d bike, brought out his locally made pistol & asked "u wan die"? i was speechless. he collected my 3phones, my jewelries & my hand bag. i pleaded wif him to allow me remove my file from d bad & he obliged. it was even wen i returned home i discover dat i had a hug amount of money inside d file, i thought all d cash i have was on my handbag & wallet.

i letter saw my hand bag in an uncompleted building streets away 4rm my houx after dey had removed d money in d bag, my wallet containing all my ID card, ATM etc. living only my Visa phone.
Its was really I sad experience.
sad sad sad[/b]
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by ObamaUS: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
I was robbed of N700k this year.It happened on akowonjo rd,when i went to get some money in a bank.

The guy even shot at me from close range but thank God i was not hit.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by honeric01(m): 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^

That Akowonjo road no good at all.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by logica(m): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2011
ObamaUS:

I was robbed of N700k this year.It happened on akowonjo rd,when i went to get some money in a bank.

In case you haven't learnt from this, I will advise you to ensure that any transactions you do in the excess of 100k (even 50k sef) is done electronically. This even has the extra advantage of documentation unlike a cash payment. Just do a transfer to the person's account and if the person insists on cash, push the risk on him by having him follow you to the bank to pick up the cash.

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by zalak45: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2011
logica:

You are lucky; the incident did some good. You don't need a dumb woman who finds the opinion of a monkey on an okada important.

I tell you ooo, babe don even marry self cheesy dey stress the husband like hell fire cheesy
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by zalak45: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2011
ObamaUS:

wow!!!
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by zalak45: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2011
Boyloaf:

Wow!!! which state was this?
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by jidewin(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2011
Sorry o my dear poster,I know the first time experience of been robbed will be somewhat "shocking".Mine happened while i was coming from Bauchi state to kaduna in the evening and i thought, God is this is how i am to end?but trust HIM,even when in fire,His presence will be there.They took my communicator phone and sone digi/video camera i was using for my assignments and didnt even bother to search my pocket for money.I guess they had enough already then.
After they were through with us,they were even the ones who beamed torch light for us to pick our scrambled contents all over the floor and when they think everone must have picked what ever 'litter' was on the road side,right from inside the bush they asked us to go.
guess what,from my close observation the boys could not be more than 16/17 years of age with dane guns,clubs and matchets.
And from the view of the very first one who stopped the our bus,he had full FULANI feature.Well the following morning when i got to the nearest police station in kaduna for me to have a police report,i was ked to pay N5000 which i vehemently protested.Imagine one bloody corporal was telling me thats not how to talk, and i gave it to her before one ASP nopw asked me to find them "Anything" for them to issue me POLICE REPORT.
Nigeria is a SICK country, with a terminal DISEASE, CORRUPTION.

Take heart and well,count it as one of those close shaves.However God was and is still with you.Believe it or not.So many had been killed for less than what they took from you.
Gday.

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by marleygab(m): 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2011
mine happened by this time last year, was coming back home but had to stop to buy dinner around a very notorious neighbourhood i've heard stories bout that area so i parked a safe distance as if i knew it was going to happen, i left my phone chain and watch inside the car, i just took 1k from my wallet, been walking for like 3mins when i noticed a guy walking really fast behind me so i increased speed and saw another fella approaching casually towards me i felt relieved until the guy came close grabed my arm and pressed a pistol at my belly, it happened so fast but i think the other guy behind me frisked me and took the 1k and he kept saying SHHH !! while he was doing it. The reality that i'ld have almost been shot that day made me stop taking stupid risks.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by alexola20(m): 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2011
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Raymondson(m): 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2011
Yeah, mine is similar. I was bearly 16yrs, I used to excort my sista or mum in the morning(around 5am) to the b/stop. because my area used to be isolated then. On this unfortunate day, I was excorting my mum(thinking it was bizness as usual), we were about reaching the b/stop when a bike with 3 guys stop beside us, one of them went straight for my mum, but I heat him on the jest without thinking. He was not expecting it because he thought my mum was on her own(has I was a few feet behind her).
The next thing, the 2 others came down from the bike. One of them coming to me with his hand under his tshirt saying he had a GUN(I did see something metal). O boy, I did not think twice before I pick race, with him at the back of my heels.
After runing some metres, I did not see him behind me. I did another four forty back to the location, and boy! I was glad to see my mother there but emtpy(no bag,no handset, no nothing). She was in shock. All throughout this period no SOUL! Was around.
She had never experinced such before. She did not go to work that day, she was not even herself for two days. I letter got to find out that it was not a gun but a KNIFE the guy was holding.
When I think of it now, I feel ashmed for being a coward and living my mum alone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Confirm Abduction Of Two School Children In Ondo / My Experience With Loan Shark App (lcash) / Military Denies Negotiating With Gunmen Over Planned Attack On Plateau Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.