Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,274 members, 7,887,796 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:57 PM

Understanding The Meaning Of Purpose - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Meaning Of Purpose (76 Views)

The Meaning Of The Original Gospel Of Being Bornagain / The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Purpose by BlessingIsraelM: 8:56am On Jan 08
Topic: Understanding the Meaning of Purpose

Objective: To identify the meaning of purpose

Anchor Text: Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee as a prophet unto the nations.

Jeremiah 1: 5 (KJV)

Many a time, we have heard people use words such as: ‘purposeful life’ and ‘living life on purpose’ yet, not many have a deep understanding of the word ‘purpose’ itself.

Purpose has been assumed by many to mean living a deliberate life. Hence, they have taken to practicing some ‘spiritual’ exercises such as Yoga and meditation, in the hope that these practices give them a sense of purposeful living.

Living a deliberate life in its own right is good, but it shouldn’t be confused with purpose.
I have heard many motivational speakers lecture that the purpose is finding what you love to do and sticking to it passionately until you break through.

If passion makes purpose, then swindlers, robbers, and addicts are all living purposeful lives Because, the last time I checked, these, too, are passionate about their dealings.

Likewise, many have also assumed that a person’s purpose is a person’s skills and talents as solely expressed by the career.

On the contrary, a person’s skills and talent shouldn’t be the only benchmark for measuring or ascertaining purpose.

Talents and skills are pointers to someone’s purpose. They are components of purpose. They help us achieve and deliver our purpose.

For example, a person may have a singing talent, put in by the Maker to bring glory to the kingdom of God. But this singer chooses to use the talent in a secular environment, where he or she is addicted to drugs and all sorts of immoralities.

Now, the talent is there, but not been used for its purpose.

Let me also use myself as an example. So you may understand why our talents may not necessarily be our purpose.

I have a strong passion for teaching; I possess several talents among which are writing and creativity. I do pretty well with my speaking skills.

Still, these beautiful endowments are not my purpose. They are tools needed for delivering my purpose.

To give credibility to education, and encourage many to pursue it, we have been taught to believe that education gives purpose. That’s not true!

Now, before you get edgy about that, give your heart to understand me. I am not discrediting education; neither do I say people shouldn’t get an education. I got an education, that’s why I can read and write.

Nevertheless, education cannot give purpose to a man’s or a woman’s life. It is a tool that can be used to sharpen a person’s purpose.

Little wonder, many, notwithstanding their level of education even to the highest level, and having well-paying careers are struggling with dissatisfaction.

This dissatisfaction has plagued many with hopelessness, meaninglessness, depression, and suicidal thoughts.

We have this example of dissatisfaction in our environment both in ourselves and the people around us.

Purpose is crying out silently in the hearts of people, who are gravely scared to let out the yearnings and nagging of their hearts because of the excuses they’ve created, or for fear of being mocked or judged.

If all of these are not the purpose, what then is the purpose?

Because purpose brings simplicity to a person’s life, even so, its definition is simple to capture.

Purpose means ‘reason.’ It is the reason a person or a thing exists. It begets questions such as:

Why am I born? Who am I?
What am I?
What am I supposed to be doing with my life?
Why am I here in this era at a time such as this?
What’s my place here on earth?
What’s my self-worth?

These questions and many more flood the heart because the very essence of a person’s life is purpose.

Man was created out of purpose, formed with purpose designed by purpose, and called out for the purpose.

A few give attention to the questions of purpose, among the few only very few discover their reason of existence. Yet, only a fraction goes on to pursue and live their purpose.

You can be among the fraction. Therefore, join me for another exciting class on Thursday by 9: am as we shall be discussing extensively the meaning of purpose in ur anchor text.

Join our Whatsapp channel so you can get our next lesson directly on your phone.

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaEc88iDJ6GwCiucJG2a

Please, share this gospel with teenagers, youths, and young adults. Remain blessed until the appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I am Blessing Israel,

Lead Teacher @ Blessing Israel Global Ministries

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Problems And Solutions. / Unleash Your Creative Powers: A Spell For Artists And Craftsmen / Who Is Really Saved Before God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.