Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,392 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:44 PM

Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit (1253 Views)

Look At The Bridge Chinese Constructed In China And The Type They Built For Us. / Like China, Like Lagos: A Look At The Great Wall Of Lagos - Photos & Videos / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Unclebayo(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08
I was heavily downvoted for my opinion on Reddit

It seems most of the Nigerian on Reddit r/Nigeria are from UK/US

The first post is the OP thread
The second post is my comment.

Please what have I said wrong.

1 Like

Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by advanceDNA: 12:57pm On Jan 08
Unclebayo:

U dare to mention APC.... grin
How can be tell struggling Nigerian "is it not under the same APC they acquired japa funds" ??
As if u don't know many borrowed... Many sold homes they built when naija was still better for cheap prices just to get out ..... U nor try.

3 Likes

Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Unclebayo(m): 1:14pm On Jan 08
advanceDNA:

U dare to mention APC.... grin
How can be tell struggling Nigerian "is it not under the same APC they acquired japa funds" ??
As if u don't know many borrowed... Many sold homes they built when naija was still better for cheap prices just to get out ..... U nor try.
haaa Omooo angry, I’ve learnt my lessons bro, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Coder2Client(m): 1:15pm On Jan 08
I saw the thread in the morning I just scrolled pass
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Unclebayo(m): 1:24pm On Jan 08
Coder2Client:
I saw the thread in the morning I just scrolled pass
I no try oo bro, But I’ll surely learn from this mistakes lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And is not that I’m defending that useless APC ooo, I really bleeped up
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:54pm On Jan 08
How can you mention APC

2 Likes

Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Unclebayo(m): 2:07pm On Jan 08
Schoolshooter:
You think say reddit na nairaland

You never see chumchin

90% of people on R/Nigeria are diasporas , kids living in and out of Nigeria, foreigners and Nigerians in Nigeria that are feminists , atheists or misandrists
if you talk this one for Reddit them fit report your account grin grin
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Namaster: 4:00pm On Jan 08
The original post is DUMB. Your reply to the post is equally DUMB!

UK is bad! UK is bad!!

Yet the idi.ot in the original post has lived there for 15 years.

Why didn't he come home?

He complains about low wages and household debts. That's to show you how dumb he is.

Household debts mean there is a system of credit in place to help households meet their needs when they cannot afford it.

That's a fucking privilege!

If you cannot afford something in Nigeria, you are on your own. Owing people or company in Nigeria gets you treated like a criminal.

ALSO, you idiots need to get your shallow mind re-trained.

Not everyone travels for MONEY or greener pasture or whatever. People just want to live in a society that works. In a fucking sane country.

For instance, the quality of air in some countries are a 100X better than what you get in Nigeria.

ALSO, imagine a nice and dilligent worker in Nigeria got promoted. He throws a party to celebrate his new promotion.

He bought drinks and a little slab of beef.

Little did he know that the expensive drinks he bought were made with gutter water by criminals in Aba.

But that's not all. Not even by a long shot.

Turns out the beef he bought came from a cow that died of mysterious illness.

He discovered all of this AFTER the fact. But this is Nigeria and he has to suck it up. He will get no recompense.

Oh, and remember the promotion he is celebrating?

Funny thing just happened. Turns out the BOSS of his boss has a nephew who just graduated from Benue State Polytechnic.

So, no more promotion. Nepotism first, then maybe merit later.

This is Nigeria. This is what people want to escape.

In fact, anybody who complains about people wanting to JAPA in 2024 will find themselves in a close embrace with a Dangote truck.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Unclebayo(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08
tensazangetsu20:
How can you mention APC
chairman, I really can’t forgive myself for that grin, I’m not even concerned about the downvotes, but the fact that those folks will think I’m defending/supporting APC really hit me hard.
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Unclebayo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 08
Namaster:
The original post is DUMB. Your reply to the post is equally DUMB!

UK is bad! UK is bad!!

Yet the idi.ot in the original post has lived there for 15 years.

Why didn't he come home?

He complains about low wages and household debts. That's to show you how dumb he is.

Household debts mean there is a system of credit in place to help households meet their needs when they cannot afford it.

That's a fucking privilege!

If you cannot afford something in Nigeria, you are on your own. Owing people or company in Nigeria gets you treated like a criminal.

ALSO, you idiots need to get your shallow mind re-trained.

Not everyone travels for MONEY or greener pasture or whatever. People just want to live in a society that works. In a fucking sane country.

For instance, the quality of air in some countries are a 100X better than what you get in Nigeria.

ALSO, imagine a nice and dilligent worker in Nigeria got promoted. He throws a party to celebrate his new promotion.

He bought drinks and a little slab of beef.

Little did he know that the expensive drinks he bought were made with gutter water by criminals in Aba.

But that's not all. Not even by a long shot.

Turns out the beef he bought came from a cow that died of mysterious illness.

He discovered all of this AFTER the fact. But this is Nigeria and he has to suck it up. He will get no recompense.

Oh, and remember the promotion he is celebrating?

Funny thing just happened. Turns out the BOSS of his boss has a nephew who just graduated from Benue State Polytechnic.

So, no more promotion. Nepotism first, then maybe merit later.

This is Nigeria. This is what people want to escape.

In fact, anybody who complains about people wanting to JAPA in 2024 will find themselves in a close embrace with a Dangote truck.

thanks for your input sir, but you don’t really need the bold, thanks once again I learnt a lot from this.
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by SUPERPACK: 7:40pm On Jan 08
Unclebayo:

You used the word ''Turn slave in another country'' that's a big insult to any UK indegenes it brings back the slave trade vibe. To a Nigerian it's also a big insult as you generalise and reduce there rep.
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Unclebayo(m): 7:46pm On Jan 08
SUPERPACK:
You used the word ''Turn slave in another country'' that's a big insult to any UK indegenes it brings back the slave trade vibe. To a Nigerian it's also a big insult as you generalise and reduce there rep.
thank you brother, I’ve learnt my lesson, i passed across my message in the wrong way

1 Like

Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by advanceDNA: 8:04pm On Jan 08
Namaster:
The

Lol...........that warm dirty air that will greet ur nostrils and lungs once u enter muritala mohammed is one the first things that will let u know u have entered a very weird place.....
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by harsysky(m): 8:26pm On Jan 08

Nothing is wrong with your comment except where you mentioned "slave". When one does a job and gets paid, appreciate them; it puts food on the table and does a lot--that which you tag as "slave". Ask yourself this simple question: The way we downgrade people who do menial jobs, is it the same way the westerners do? I remember here in Naija, cleaners are sent to buy food and other stuffs simply because they are cleaners. I would have also down-voted you, so that you would learn to mind your business as this world na "OYO- on your own", abi na you dey feed them?
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Unclebayo(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08
harsysky:

Nothing is wrong with your comment except where you mentioned "slave". When one does a job and gets paid, appreciate them; it puts food on the table and does a lot--that which you tag as "slave". Ask yourself this simple question: The way we downgrade people who do menial jobs, is it the same way the westerners do? I remember here in Naija, cleaners are sent to buy food and other stuffs simply because they are cleaners. I would have also down-voted you, so that you would learn to mind your business as this world na "OYO- on your own", abi na you dey feed them?
the bolded , that’s true , thanks

1 Like

Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by isArray: 9:07pm On Jan 08
What's your definition of doing fine in Nigeria?
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by pansophist(m): 9:32pm On Jan 08
isArray:
What's your definition of doing fine in Nigeria?

Just have money, that's all grin
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Gadafii: 11:59pm On Jan 08
Despite all of these negativity in the UK the Motherfuka lived and survived for over 15 years in the UK

Oga anybody that want to japa let them japa, na poor people dey always advise the rich, na people wey dey abroad dey always devise people not to come over but yet themselves won’t come back home

Not that I favour the UK, but if I ever want to japa I will focus my attention on these Scandinavian countries, Germany or Russia sef

Uk, Us is saturated and over rated already
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Tunde835(m): 4:06am On Jan 09
Reddit no be nairaland. I dey expect igbos to go and be bragging there.
Re: Look At What Got Me Into Trouble On Reddit by Gerrard59(m): 11:30am On Jan 09
It is one of the most unrealistic Nigerian social media spheres. I still cannot forget most arguing that many Nigerians have refrigerators where they store their foods with 24/7 electricity. All in a bid to appear to foreigners, especially white people, that the country is prosperous. Any diasporan who wants to better understand Nigeria for what it is and Nigerians for who they are should stick to Nairaland. I don't say this because I am a member, but because it is the truth. You learn about Nigeria(ns) from Nairaland. For instance, the comment above mine has gone tribalistic even though the original post and previous commentators did not mention an ethnic group. This should tell you that the average Nigerian is a tribalist who will invoke tribal slurs and words if push comes to shove. So, don't expect people to shine their 32 always. You won't learn that on Reddit.

Also, the OP would have gotten more introspective and broader comments if it asked on Nairaland as those who left recently (they know Nigeria better than him wey don siddon put in the UK for 15 years) are domiciled here. How can he know why Nigerians are fleeing by asking on a forum where the majority don't reside in Nigeria? People who believe Nigerians don't "warm" their soups? What do they know about Nigeria? I bet they cannot point Kogi on the Nigerian map.

This is the problem with certain diasporans who don't keep up with Nigerians from a broader perspective. That is why when they return (assuming they do rather than siddon put for 15 years), they live in certain areas and demand certain perks without understanding the system. They will live in Lekki and begin to scream tHe cOuNtRy iS eXpEnSiVe yen yen yen!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

4 Unpopular Japa Routes For Nigerians In 2024 / Conference Invitation Letter To Uk / Travel & Tourism On Niger Delta Standard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.