Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,950 members, 7,903,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. (31083 Views)

COAS-General Lagbaja: Soldier Who Insulted Gov. Sanwo-olu Arrested / Picture Of Major General Lagbaja The New Chief Of Army Staff On The Front Line / My life is at risk'-Reno Omokri raise alarm over verbal attacks and ban petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by stealmatic(m): 8:25pm On Jan 09
Racoon:
Yes! Soldier violated the law by driving against traffic laws but cursing or calling the soldier useless is not statemanly from a governor. Soldiers have been saving the asses of these politicians while being used for their dirty works. Lekki tollplaza massacre comes to mind.
C

Ur mention says it all,Racoon,if we check now I will be from the region of hate and perdition, anything stupid makes u guys happy,as ur region no get respect and u guys turn ur life to sit at home like rat, because of one idiot in Finland,get a life
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by agabusta: 8:27pm On Jan 09
Melagros:
What would you expect from the chief of army staff? if he doesn't shield or support his brother

Everything na Brother Brother matter to people of low intellect.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by BreconHills(m): 9:02pm On Jan 09
Racoon:
Yes! Soldier violated the law by driving against traffic laws but cursing or calling the soldier useless is not statemanly from a governor. Soldiers have been saving the asses of these politicians while being used for their dirty works. Lekki tollplaza massacre comes to mind.

He did not say you are a useless soldier, he said he is a useless person. Is he not a useless person for driving his passenger against traffic? In the event of an accident, some will parrot that "Nigeria has happened to his passenger" and we will hear stories about how she was about to get married and "oh she was just about to travel abroad" and how "oh look lawless Nigeria" is...ad nauseum.

If he truly respected the flag and his oath of service, he would not be breaking civil law. "I am a soldier" my foot.

I reckon you should stick to football - you make good points there.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by BreconHills(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09
hedonido:

I don't know why some of you are being unreasonably emotional about a non issue. A rascal looking boy dressed in rags was apprehended flouting a traffic rule. In the heat of his being apprehended, he arrogantly declares "I'm a soldier sir", to an already irritated governor. The I'm a soldier sir, is it supposed to attract respect, reprieve, exemption, or what exactly?

Now, the governor rightly retorts that, "that's the more reason I will lock you up" (as in, as a soldier, you're supposed to be more disciplined and as such should be held to a higher standard of conduct). The governor then murmurs, 'useless boy'. He didn't say useless soldier. He said useless boy. What exactly has that got to do with the Nigerian Army?

How does the errant behaviour of one "useless boy" represent the Nigerian Army? Some of you need to have your brains reset with very astringent cleansing agents.

Well said.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Morphinne: 9:16pm On Jan 09
ivolt:
Other clowns should take note.
One recruit would be used as scapegoat.

One stolen valor idiot even said Sanwo Olu is power drunk for arresting a soldier riding on one way.
He said Sanwo Olu should have apologised immediately the rider identified as a soldier.
Nigerians are a funny breed honestly. I was shocked to see people condemn Sanwolu for correcting an erring military officer. A soldier is known to be disciplined. In a sane country, the soldier would not even want the public to know that he belonged to the military in order not to drag the respected organization into the mess. Tomorrow, they (Nigerians) would tell you they want a country where laws are given regards yet they condemned Sanwolu partly because they hate him because he’s not their gbajue candidate and because they are just suffering from the typical suffering-and-smiling syndrome and this explains why soldiers beat up their wretched asses without any consequences. We simply don’t know our rights. The last elections made me realized that there are too many mad and gullible people among us and it’s really disturbing.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Morphinne: 9:43pm On Jan 09
Abagworo:

Arresting any offender including Sanwo Olu is right but using abusive words and show of arrogance as disrespect for the Nigerian Army is wrong on Sanwo Olu's part . Personally I've lost every regards I had for him prior to that on false belief of him being educated and humble.
Don’t worry my guy. You still have many regards to lose for him when your mother, child or you yourself gets knocked down and killed by a traffic offender.
Shey una no wan wise ni. This is why soldiers treat you like animals because they can sense fear in you. Soldiers are to be respected and not feared. I’m sure you don’t know the number of lives that are lost to traffic offenses in this country. The mumu soldier was wrong and was even ‘wronger’ to have had the gut to proudly say he was a soldier. The gov simply got upset and embarrassed by that statement; the typical Nigerians’ “do you know who I am” statement. Once again, o gor gan
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by payaseriy: 10:06pm On Jan 09
post=127860497:

We know who they are.
They aren't comedians.
They are mad people.
They are terrorists.

Now the head of the army has spoken.
Sanwo-Olu's haters, go and do your worst.
nairaland don humble you now... you nor fit mention people tribe again, you nor fit display ur hate again. Lol. Take heart
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by ivolt: 11:01pm On Jan 09
jaxxy:

Sanwolu calling a soldier useless is wrong and everybody knows it including the Army chief.
This one doesn't understand power dynamics in an fragile democracy.

Calling the soldier useless is the least of his worries.
Nobody knows he was a soldier until he tried to escape justice with it.

Buharior obasanjo or even goodluck will never permit such lagbaja is doing bt this is tinubus government.
You must think the names you mentioned are as petty as semi-literate recruits and their supporters.

Lagbaja is doing what is best for himself and the army.
You have no idea the implication of a serving soldier insulting a governor publicly.
He should have been summarily dismissed for tarnishing the image of the army.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by jaxxy(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09
ivolt:

This one doesn't understand power dynamics in an fragile democracy.

Calling the soldier useless is the least of his worries.
Nobody knows he was a soldier until he tried to escape justice with it.

You must think the names you mentioned are as petty as semi-literate recruits and their supporters.

Lagbaja is doing what is best for himself and the army.
You have no idea the implication of a serving soldier insulting a governor publicly.
He should have been summarily dismissed for tarnishing the image of the army.

u are still repeating the crime of the governor like it is right when everybody know it is wrong.

Same governor even follows one way himself. grin
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by gare(f): 11:09pm On Jan 09
naptu2:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/2024/01/army-dissociates-personnel-from-online-attacks-on-sanwo-olu/

I don't support what was done by the soldier and the governor was within his right to have arrested him, but what was not state manly was the governor choice of words of calling the soldier useless.

The governor should have ordered his DSS to arrest and handover the soldier to relevant authorities without stepping out of his car, talk less using such words.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Mirasteel: 3:33am On Jan 10
I hope you guys can rest now? nobody is above the law.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by HRMK: 6:35am On Jan 10
nobody will take lagbaja seriously until we see him take necessary actions on the erring soldiers!!
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Father4all: 8:17am On Jan 10
This So called Chief of Army Staffs is a complete idiot. The rank and file will deal with him. and the Psychiatric Governor
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by AncientAlien(m): 9:04am On Jan 10
I like the name. grin General Lagbaja omo Baba mukomuko grin grin
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:30am On Jan 11
Kudos to this examplary leader,first of its kind since Gen Idiagbon era of war against indiscipline. smiley
THE MILITARY IS KNOWN TO BE A DISCIPLINED PROFESSION

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi: Olumoroti Rejects Running Mate Offer / MD Faints In Court After Conviction For Subsidy Scam / Buhari Directs INEC To declare doctored results - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.