Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,752 members, 7,941,855 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance (1120 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / Kenneth Bramor Buys Timi, His First Wife A Rolls Royce After Marrying A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance by Ulunne777(f): 9:31am On Jan 10
How did you move from UK to Nigeria?
We're you so desperate for marriage that you allowed your husband treat you like a floor rag. A masters holder?
You ppl were not in good terms yet pregnancy just dey come.

Nne, this is 2024,one thing I'd never do is to advise married people because I believe everyone knows what's good for them. We will say one thing now and 2moro we will be used to settle quarrel. grin I know because it is what a lot you ppl do.

Lastly, as a human,place value on yourself. Look good,laugh more,make money and see your partner respect you. FOr me I call out my husband's bulshit right there so everybody knows their place.
Respect is earned.Respect who you are to be respected.
Re: After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance by Ahnii(f): 9:34am On Jan 10
Cumrade in the industry cheesy cheesy looking good,slaying and making money na him be the Koko.
Ulunne777:
How did you move from UK to Nigeria?
We're you so desperate for marriage that you allowed your husband treat you like a floor rag. A masters holder?
You ppl were not in good terms yet pregnancy just dey come.

Nne, this is 2024,one thing I'd never do is to advise married people because I believe everyone knows what's good for them. We will say one thing now and 2moro we will be used to settle quarrel. grin I know because it is what a lot you ppl do.

Lastly, as a human,place value on yourself. Look good,laugh more,make money and see your partner respect you. FOr me I call out my husband's bulshit right there so everybody knows their place.
Respect is earned.Respect who you are to be respected.
Re: After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance by Bigseven(m): 11:30am On Jan 10
You mean you didn’t moved on ?
Well simple and sincere answer NO DONT
Re: After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance by Westwoman: 12:50pm On Jan 10
That man is simply a Narcissist!

Go and read on it.

I would have said Narcissim is a mental disorder but abeg they know what they are doing.

So sorry that you had to meet and marry this kind of man. Its not your fault dear and there's nothing wrong with you.

The problem is himself. Okay?

A Narcissist cannot stay with one woman sorry. They always believe there's something more exciting ahead and because they believe so much in themselves they expect to always have the best of everything in life.

So if at the moment you are not at your best, you won't appeal to them much especially if they find someone richer, prettier or better than you in some way outside that would make them look good to other people.

They would easily maltreat you without any remorse cos to them you don't fit into their lives.

Now guess what you'd be doing by then....begging, crying and trying everything possible to please them.
And what does this do? It makes them hate you more.

They are not very normal humans actually.

Living with a narcissist is like playing a game.
Give them reasons to respect you. How?

Well, because of the way they are, they only respect people of status, people who can make them look better, people who are doing well in life and all of that. And people who act like they don't exist.

Your husband is back because he is now afraid of losing control over you. Thats their greatest fear.
Especially now that you have a job.

I really don't know how to advise you on whether to stay or leave.

I just wanted you to know that he is a narcissist.

Going back to him does not mean he would change unless you can maintain a high value status in his eyes, be less dependent on him, act like you don't care about him, once in a while pretend to be seeing another man, subtly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance by Jeon(f): 2:06pm On Jan 10
Ahnii:

Take a stroll to Facebook and click on FIN PAGE...See what married women are going thru in their hands of their husbands.
Their pains,agonies,torments and the rest.

Hmmn some Women are trying.

4 Likes

Re: After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance by fineboynl(m): 7:32pm On Jan 10
The guy wanted to marry a white woman. But you forced it. That only means you destroyed his plans and there is a karma for that.

When such things happens and other plan if his doesn’t work he will begin to blame you. That you are the cause of his failure. When a man tell his wife to give him space like when you leave the house it means he is going through alot. I thinking things are not working for him as it should be. Him sleeping with many girls means he is trying to cut you off and Bleep other girls to try his luck
Re: After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance by frozen70(f): 7:16am On Jan 11
definitelyso:
please house help.. I married my husband during my masters in the UK we were both students.. after barely 3months of dating i got pregnant and we got engaged 5months into the relationship.. the cheating signs started immediately after that but I could not recognise it.. for example after the engagement with all our friends in attendance he told me he will not proceed with the marriage as he wants to marry whitie for papers.. the shock was much for me so I said ok.. the child will bear my father's name then.. after much argument for months 2weeks to when I will deliver we went to court in the UK as we were still studing and got married.. this was in 2015.. fast forward to 2017 we came back to Nigeria got the traditional and white done.. this is where the main drama started.. few months into our coming back one issue of infidelity to another if I complain he will say I want a divorce.. in 2018 I had another child but while 5months pregnant I almost lost the baby to a miscarriage because he made me walk long distance all in the name of teaching me a lesson as he said I was too stubborn.. the next day I went into premature labour.. all of these no apology from him ohh.. then infidelity with my house maids not 1 not 2 the 3 one was what broke the camels back.. I have had enough.. now the case with the 2nd house girl was; he and her made my life hell when I asked her to leave he told me instead of the house help to leave I should leave the house and keep the 2kids for him... I was so depressed and ashamed of how he treated me I could not tell anyone not even my family I stayed back and prayed the girl eventually left when she was tired of staying.. in 2020 November he sent me and the kids to his mother's house in lagos to stay that he wants to focus on his new company unknown to me he moved to a new 2bedroom apartment and changed girls like wrapper while I shared a room with 7 people including my kids and the house helps plus his cousins in his mother's house.. sleeping on the floor.. for over 1year he refused to allow me come back home to the new apartment he rented always threatening me with divorce and taking the kids.. all this time sincerely I was depressed I could not work i was just getting by no zeal to achieve or fight for my self.. lost my self confidence.. finally in 2021 december we came back... april 2022 he left for lagos said for work.. didnt come back till february 2023 just before the elections..then the big incident happened.. the house help I have found that was God sent since 2020 she has been with me even while I was in his mother's house giving me support he tried to harass her too but she refused him and reported to me.. when he saw he could not get his way he asked her to leave the house.. by this time I had gotten a good job and the house help was helping with the children while I work.. so I said no.. she will stay.. then the abuse started again.. he asked me to leave and go back to my mother's and he will take my kids.. he even called my mum saying he is no longer interested in the marriage and wants me to leave the house.. at this point I have had enough I tried getting a divorce but I could not afford the lawyers fees at the time about 100k so I filed a complaint against him stopping him from illegally throwing me out of the house.. he got upset saying I disrespected him for filing that complaint so he packed his bags and left for Lagos in April 2023.. well in june 2023 i met someone at work fell in love with him.. for the first time in years I felt wanted I felt loved and appreciated but i asked him to wait until I sign the divorce papers. suddenly in December 24th 2023 without notice my husband came back begging forgiveness saying he has changed and found God.. now everyone is begging me to give him a 2nd chance. but what about me? I no longer love him.. I have moved on and found someone.. am afraid to say am in love with someone else because he might use it against me in court even though I never agreed to have sexual intercourse with this new love of mine but my husband will never believe that... and my husband has refused to get a divorce begging and trying so hard to show me he has changed ... what do I do..? i have forgiven him but i won't be happy if I stay with him but I don't know how to go about the divorce since he is not willing
also note since 2020

Dey play, you will soon regret more if you continue with this gamble
Use your sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote / I Dont Know What To Do / Quiet Moms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.