Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,465 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:21 PM

I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected (18015 Views)

Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 9:05am On Nov 07, 2011
. . . and thug ---- or at least the head of thugs. wink

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbaje(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2011
aletheia:

^ grin grin grin
Joagbaje has been reduced to personal insults on this thread. . .seeing that he can not bamboozle his way out of the fact that his god Chris Oyakhilome is a thief.

I only replied him according to his nature.

Proverbs 26:5
5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit

And your labelling pastor chris as thief is only an exhibition of your own frustrations. Because the facts are glaring.  Money was not personal gifts to him. And a good christian lawyer explained from legal perspective to us all here. Except you and your coach want to create your own judicial system. As usual cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by PastorKun(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2011
Joagbaje sharrap and stop giving all these flimsy excuses for your thieving Oga. Someone already used an example of a politician returning campaign donations becos the source was questionable, should we expect less from a church or a supposed man of God? The church is supposed to be at the epitome when it comes to morals, ethics and righteousness. Stop giving daft excuses for your thieving boss cause he is just a shameless common criminal. Imagine a pastor looking for legal loopholes to justify crime instead of doing the right thing. The other excuse you gave that it is God the money was given to is also highly blasphemous. Are you now saying that God receives stolen money? Maybe the mamon god you zombies worship in CE, but the almighty God whom true believers worship does not even receive clean money from believers how much less stolen money. The bible makes it clear God has no needs we humans are capable of meeting so stop telling lies to justify crime in your cult.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Oyinprince(m): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2011
Oh Boy, See Glory wey dis Man Dey carry , People dey argue about am , while im dey change the world and they impact people for Christ

Like it or Not, It will only Get better, He's increasing everyday
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2011
Kunle,

I'll say you should rather shut your foolish mouth up. . .just because you guys see a meek guy dishing honest answers to your posts you think you could throw insults on him. . .why dont you guys just face me! . . .afterall I created the thread. . .nonsense!

firstly,

I think you are rather the daft for assuming that because some politician returned campaign donations from questionable source therefore means Pastor Chris has violated the provisions sorrounding his own case for not returning his.

A sincere point should be to ask if Pastor Chris is a criminal for not returning money stolen given to his church from a thief. Does the law say Pastor Chris is the thief? or did it say CEC should be declared a criminal institution?

I showed you guys (especially enigma who was the first to throw his weak tandrums) what the International law for criminal sanctions provided against money launders/laundering and you pretended not to see it. . .not surprised as it seems your customs. grin

Criminal sanctions for money laundering says

#1:Moreover, a “financial transaction” has been broadly defined, and need not involve a financial institution, or even a business. Meaning financial institutions or any business which got traced to any money laundering scandal need not be involved for prosecution.

#2: However, the lone possession of money without either a financial transaction or an intent to conceal is not a crime. Meaning whoever stands to possess the money after the transaction should not be considered a crime.
Criminal sanctions

Money laundering has been criminalized in the United States since the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986. That legislation, contained at section 1956 of Title 18 of the United States Code, prohibits individuals from engaging in a financial transaction with proceeds that were generated from certain specific crimes, known as “specified unlawful activities” (SUAs). Additionally, the law requires that an individual specifically intend in making the transaction to conceal the source, ownership or control of the funds.

There is no minimum threshold of money, nor is there the requirement that the transaction succeed in actually disguising the money. Moreover, a “financial transaction” has been broadly defined, and need not involve a financial institution, or even a business. Merely passing money from one person to another, so long as it is done with the intent to disguise the source, ownership, location or control of the money, has been deemed a financial transaction under the law. However, the lone possession of money without either a financial transaction or an intent to conceal is not a crime in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering

And for a second have you guys really calmed down to ask if Pastor Chris eventually returned the money back. A country as litigious as Nigeria would have been on this man's case and press would have followed suits too to ensure they make a mess of his ministry. . .but hell no, there is quietness everywhere which either points to the fact that he could have returned the funds or that the case was not against him nor his good ministry.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2011
Oyinprince:

Oh Boy, See Glory wey dis Man Dey carry , People dey argue about am , while im dey change the world and they impact people for Christ

Like it or Not, It will only Get better, He's increasing everyday

God bless you my brother!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 11:20am On Nov 07, 2011
@ Alethiea,

Your submissions are to say the least 'gross'. . .it lacks bearing.  undecided
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by PastorKun(m): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2011
@Tonye t
I have always known you to be a dunce so I am not suprised at your daft remarks. It is quite evident you created this. Thread to spark controversy knowing fully well in your heart of heart that pastor chris is fraudulent character with no morals or regard for God hence he deserves no respect. Just like you like starting tithing topics to create controversy after it has been proven beyond any iota of doubt on this forum that tithing as it is preached today is fraudulent and without sound biblical basis neither was it directed at christians.

Any way keep up the "good" work you are doing cause it always back fires even though you are tooooooo daft to realise that. By virtue of this thread for instance a lot more people are now better informed of the immoral and criminal acts of Oyaks which makes him a false pastor. Keep on spreading the word.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by ranlaen: 11:36am On Nov 07, 2011
so now chris supporters think channel 4 wanted money from chris  tongue
and i am so shocked people are quoting law, a man of god should be driven by his moral judgement not hiding thru legal loopholes.
shame on chris , when he just started out and was an amazing speaker who listen to people did not speak in tongues but money has turned him to a corrupt pastor with only god of money as his conscience and using thugs to hide the truth.
may god help him find his way back!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Zikkyy(m): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pastor Kun:

It is quite evident you created this. Thread to spark controversy knowing fully well in your heart of heart that pastor chris is fraudulent character with no morals or regard for God hence he deserves no respect.

True talk.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@Tonye t
I have always known you to be a dunce so I am not suprised at your daft remarks. It is quite evident you created this. Thread to spark controversy knowing fully well in your heart of heart that pastor chris is fraudulent character with no morals or regard for God hence he deserves no respect. Just like you like starting tithing topics to create controversy after it has been proven beyond any iota of doubt on this forum that tithing as it is preached today is fraudulent and without sound biblical basis neither was it directed at christians.

Any way keep up the "good" work you are doing cause it always back fires even though you are tooooooo daft to realise that. By virtue of this thread for instance a lot more people are now better informed of the immoral and criminal acts of Oyaks which makes him a false pastor. Keep on spreading the word.

At least I am a dunce to acknowledge that a man who has championed the course of the christendom is worthy of respect

At least I am a dunce to have pointed out that this man's spiritual achievements are evident in the number of transformed lives

I feel proud to be a dunce by giving respect to a man i find no faults in. . .his messages and lifestyle have helped provided a picture of what a true mentor and servant-leader should be.

I still feel proud to be a dunce because I see a man who helps millions out there by providing them means of getting to understand the precious words of God in simplistic manner.

And You mr.wise guy is busy making everyone believe the pastor is a fraud on the base that a member of his gave offerings from a stolen means and therefore means the humble Pastor is a thief without understanding a thing about the law. How pathetic!

You mr. wise guys is always quick to point at the speck in the Pastor's eyes yet not removing the pathetic big log in your stu.pid eyes.! I see who is dunce.

You mr.wise guy is on Nairaland dishing insults on a man whose achievements as a humble Christian pastor will never be attained by your sorry self in this life and life to come. How pathetic are you Mr.wise guy

One word for you. . . wipe your sorry arse.!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by ranlaen: 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2011
Tonye-t:

At least I am a dunce to acknowledge that a man who has championed the course of the christendom is worthy of respect

At least I am a dunce to have pointed out that this man's spiritual achievements are evident in the number of transformed lives

I feel proud to be a dunce by giving respect to a man i find no faults in. . .his messages and lifestyle have helped provided a picture of what a true mentor and servant-leader should be.

I still feel proud to be a dunce because I see a man who helps millions out there by providing them means of getting to understand the precious words of God in simplistic manner.

And You mr.wise guy is busy making everyone believe the pastor is a fraud on the base that a member of his gave offerings from a stolen means and therefore means the humble Pastor is a thief without understanding a thing about the law. How pathetic!

You mr. wise guys is always quick to point at the speck in the Pastor's eyes yet not removing the pathetic big log in your stu.pid eyes.! I see who is dunce.

You mr.wise guy is on Nairaland dishing insults on a man whose achievements as a humble Christian pastor will never be attained by your sorry self in this life and life to come. How pathetic are you Mr.wise guy

since you know so much of this "man" of god who you find no fault in can you please tell me why his thugs are still attacking reporters over the years and beating them up and why if he is so certain of his ways he refused to be interviewed by channel 4 and rather let his thugs manhandle them for just filming across the road or does he not have control of his thugs despite many reporters been attacked and beaten in the past.
if he cannot control his own employees or bring them the message of god and love then how can he hope to pass it on to others.
what is he hiding?surely a man of god with no fault has nothing to hide from channel 4?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by cold(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2011
Tonye-t:

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Barrrich: 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2011
Aletheia,
Section 427 of the Criminal Code thus makes receiving anything which has been obtained through the commission of crime also a crime. It is immaterial that the property was not obtained through such a crime in Nigeria. This offence is itself geared towards discouraging stealing and protection of property. Under the Penal Code receiving stolen property is covered by section 316.

The important elements here are that, you must have ‘received’ the property in question and also have ‘knowledge’ of the fact that the property so received was stolen.

According to you:
The claims that he did not know that the goods in question were stolen falls flat, because it is clearly established that this was brought to his attention:

how?
You quoted this:

In Agada’s letter to Oyakhilome made available to Newswatch, he informed the pastor formally that he removed funds belonging to Sheraton Hotel to the tune of N39 million. He said he used the money for “various projects and seeding and blessing of brethren in the church without due authorisation from my organisation.

As a reasonable man that you claim to be, you should know that whatever letter the said Mr. Agada had written to Pastor Chris couldn't have come at the same time as when he was giving the said money to the Church, from which a reasonable man can safely infer that the church had knowledge of the fact that the money was stolen.
You should know that the said letter was written after he had given the money and maybe subsequently arrested by the police.
So your argument that Pastor Chris is deemed to have had knowledge that the money was stolen flies over the face of every reasonable person.

In the same vein, knowledge that the property is stolen is required before you can be guilty of the offence. You will however be deemed to have such knowledge if judging from circumstances of the case, a reasonable man ought to have suspected the property in question to have been stolen, for example where the property in question is sold at a ridiculously low price. See R. v. Braimah (1943) W.A.C.A. 197.

According to you:

Moreover Chris Oyakhilome can. . .be deemed to have such knowledge if judging from circumstances of the case, a reasonable man ought to have suspected the property in question to have been stolen. Certainly common sense not to talk of the Holy Spirit would have told Chris that as a cashier with no visible other source of income, Agada certainly could not be in a position to afford such "sowing". A genuine pastor will ask questions but the greedy and rapacious lupine that is Chris deliberately and willfully ignored this.

I have told you before that according to the Bible our riches are not supplied by the job we do, but by Christ Jesus.
What do you mean by a genuine pastor?
I can tell you that a genuine pastor is the Pastor that believes in miracles for his members not the one that will tell his members during offering time to line up with their offerings and begin to question the source of their income. Thank you.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2011
Tonye-t:

You and people like you , are one of the reasons why the Nigerian church is in such a mess today.

Why are you so intent on enabling false prophets and defending their indefensible behaviour.

First it was the fraudulent tithe gospel , now it is  trying to pull the wool over the eyes of God's flock with respect to some questionable character.

I am suspecting that you somehow have a lot to lose if people stop paying their tithes and sowing seeds. You are part and parcel of some club somewhere !
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by fergie321: 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Tonye _T

You are a FOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL everyone in Europe knows you are, this is the reason they were able to enslave you for hundreds of years. Chris is into business of fooling people to give him their money. Transformation of people's live is secondary, is a cosmetic exercise to pull wool over your eyes. Chris wife lives next door to me in Dulwich in the past 4 years who is Chris sleeping wit, may be he is on top of the mountain praying. ONLY NIGERIA PASTORS KNOWS THIS SECTION IN THE BIBLE THAT TALKED ABOUT THE 10% or selecting 10 people in congregation tell them God have reveal to him they should bring £500.00 for a special prayer. LOOOOOOOOK the game is up, BBC is doing a documentary about the lies and thieving of Nigeria pastors to be broadcast in January 2012. This will further damage Nigeria image abroad. We knows too much. Chris and the likes of him are taking advantage of venerable people who are in despair to take their money, which is more damaging than the good they might have done. If Chris was asked to undertake this project with his money will he? Of cause he won't, all pastors are noting but some bunch selfish thieves.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by PastorAIO: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2011
fergie321:

@Tonye _T

You are a FOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL everyone in Europe knows you are, this is the reason they were able to enslave you for hundreds of years. Chris is into business of fooling people to give him their money. Transformation of people's live is secondary, is a cosmetic exercise to pull wool over your eyes. Chris wife lives next door to me in [size=13pt]Dulwich[/size] in the past 4 years who is Chris sleeping wit, may be he is on top of the mountain praying. ONLY NIGERIA PASTORS KNOWS THIS SECTION IN THE BIBLE THAT TALKED ABOUT THE 10% or selecting 10 people in congregation tell them God have reveal to him they should bring £500.00 for a special prayer. LOOOOOOOOK the game is up, BBC is doing a documentary about the lies and thieving of Nigeria pastors to be broadcast in January 2012. This will further damage Nigeria image abroad. We knows too much. Chris and the likes of him are taking advantage of venerable people who are in despair to take their money, which is more damaging than the good they might have done. If Chris was asked to undertake this project with his money will he? Of cause he won't, all pastors are noting but some bunch selfish thieves.

Chris' wife must be a very dull woman. That is why they sent her there. Dulwich is where they send the Dull witches. But I think that by now she is soo dull that she has lost all her winchy capabilities. That makes her a double Dullard.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by tkconcept(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
hi, if u wana register ur church, ministry, club, ngo, company or business name hit me up 08181781116: or stsokwa@yahoo.com for more details. wink
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbaje(m): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2011
Barr rich:

Section 427 of the Criminal Code thus makes receiving anything which has been obtained through the commission of crime also a crime. It is immaterial that the property was not obtained through such a crime in Nigeria. This offence is itself geared towards discouraging stealing and protection of property. Under the Penal Code receiving stolen property is covered by section 316.

Aletheia,

The important elements here are that, you must have ‘received’ the property in question and also have ‘knowledge’ of the fact that the property so received was stolen.

According to you:
The claims that he did not know that the goods in question were stolen falls flat, because it is clearly established that this was brought to his attention:
how?
You quoted this:
In Agada’s letter to Oyakhilome made available to Newswatch, he informed the pastor formally that he removed funds belonging to Sheraton Hotel to the tune of N39 million. He said he used the money for “various projects and seeding and blessing of brethren in the church without due authorisation from my organisation.

As a reasonable man that you claim to be, you should know that whatever letter the said Mr. Agada had written to Pastor Chris couldn't have come at the same time as when he was giving the said money to the Church, from which a reasonable man can safely infer that the church had knowledge of the fact that the money was stolen.
You should know that the said letter was written after he had given the money and maybe subsequently arrested by the police.
So your argument that Pastor Chris is deemed to have had knowledge that the money was stolen flies over the face of every reasonable person.

In the same vein, knowledge that the property is stolen is required before you can be guilty of the offence. You will however be deemed to have such knowledge if judging from circumstances of the case, a reasonable man ought to have suspected the property in question to have been stolen, for example where the property in question is sold at a ridiculously low price. See R. v. Braimah (1943) W.A.C.A. 197.

According to you:
Moreover Chris Oyakhilome can. . .be deemed to have such knowledge if judging from circumstances of the case, a reasonable man ought to have suspected the property in question to have been stolen. Certainly common sense not to talk of the Holy Spirit would have told Chris that as a cashier with no visible other source of income, Agada certainly could not be in a position to afford such "sowing". A genuine pastor will ask questions but the greedy and rapacious lupine that is Chris deliberately and willfully ignored this.

I have told you before that according to the Bible our riches are not supplied by the job we do, but by Christ Jesus.
I can tell you that a genuine pastor is the Pastor that believes in miracles for his members not the one that will tell his members during offering time to line up with their offerings and begin to question the source of their income. Thank you.

Barrrich,

Common sense is enough, to judge this matter. but i must commend you for taking the pain to explain . Another thing to note is that aletheia is not a lawyer, he/she was just posting enigma manuscripts for You.  Don't waste your time with him/her. Call enigma to come and answer for himself.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by fergie321: 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2011
@PastorAIO

She attend their church (Business) with her lovely children both girls at the branch at Old Kent Road, recently they have carefully create a program for their first daughter on their television network (Love world) kids quiz program asking children like her questions. That is how they groom Chris from 'Church of God Assembly' that propel him to the fame today. So watch this space for his daughter changing lives for 10% fee

Prior to this branch at Old Kent Road we use to have a church session at an Italian Restaurant at Catford one way system giractory. I wonder then how could the holy spirit mixed with anointing and speaking in tongue going on in the place with pastor Chuks. They they told me a lie when I attended their church years ago that the restaurant do not function any more, but the day I stayed late I met the Italian man quickly turning the floor around for his customers. These pastors are desperate bunch. They don't believe in the lives of them that people could be this gullible when they started this business years ago.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by mabell: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2011
fergie321:

We knows too much.
shocked shocked
Exactly so, was the above a mistake.
No wonder you say what you say the way you say it
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by mabell: 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Chris' wife must be a very dull woman. That is why they sent her there. Dulwich is where they send the Dull witches. But I think that by now she is soo dull that she has lost all her winchy capabilities. That makes her a double Dullard.

Childish response
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by newmi(m): 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2011
Barr rich:

Aletheia,

According to you:
how?
You quoted this:

According to you:

Oh boy!
Where have l been?
This lawyer guy is good infact l make bold to say your going to law school was of God you know like the tale of biblical Esther for such an occasion as this. grin

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Basito: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2011
What is the misunderstanding and quarrel over the simple truth 'Pastor Chris should be respected'.?God will be so disappointed at any man that uses his intelligence against God's wisdom.The wisdom of God is not taught in universities but in the churches(1Tim3v15), the church of God, the pillar and ground of THE TRUTH.The word of God is the only tool that  can help us analyse and judge all Christian activities.
How would you feel to know that all your criticisms against this great man of God, Pastor Chris, are unfair characterisations made out of ignorance and do not represent what happens in the church?
Romans14v4(TLB):They are God's servants, not yours.They are responsible to him(God),not to you.Let him tell them whether they are right or wrong.And God is able to make them do as they should.
If we must accept the truth, this scripture knocks of what one of the persons said that God has anointed them also to criticise pastor Chris.
The bible shows us from the scripture above that they(the likes of Pastor Chris, Prophet T.B Joshua, Bishop Oyedepo etc) are God's servants and no man has the responsibility of talking them down, it is deadly to call men of God names. I thought, intelligence should rather help us to understand and accept the truth.
1Tim5v17:Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
We can see clearly from the scripture above that Pastor Chris deserves honour and respect from all of us, and this has nothing to do whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not, because it is God's idea for his men to be respected.You will only endanger your own self if you choose not to respect them.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by ochukoccna: 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pastor Kun:

Joagbaje sharrap and stop giving all these flimsy excuses for your thieving Oga. Someone already used an example of a politician returning campaign donations becos the source was questionable, should we expect less from a church or a supposed man of God? The church is supposed to be at the epitome when it comes to morals, ethics and righteousness. Stop giving daft excuses for your thieving boss cause he is just a shameless common criminal. Imagine a pastor looking for legal loopholes to justify crime instead of doing the right thing. The other excuse you gave that it is God the money was given to is also highly blasphemous. Are you now saying that God receives stolen money? Maybe the mamon god you zombies worship in CE, but the almighty God whom true believers worship does not even receive clean money from believers how much less stolen money. The bible makes it clear God has no needs we humans are capable of meeting so stop telling lies to justify crime in your cult.
Tonye-t:

Abeg make we hear word bo!
Chris O na big time crook, who dash am pastor! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Pastor na for men of God, is He one? grin grin grin grin grin
The first time I had my doubts was when I heard him say Christ was not resurrected by God's Spirit
Blasphemy! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Then the fake miracles & receiving of stolen funds by his members followed
What broke the camel's back was his pioneering in 9ja of gate fee charging in the name of new year crossover service
Christ told his followers to be gentle as sheep but wise as serpents
Unfortunately, too many Nigerians are docile church goers reaped off by this sheep like looking conmen who are really wolves
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by ochukoccna: 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
Basito:

What is the misunderstanding and quarrel over the simple truth 'Pastor Chris should be respected'.?God will be so disappointed at any man that uses his intelligence against God's wisdom.The wisdom of God is not taught in universities but in the churches(1Tim3v15), the church of God, the pillar and ground of THE TRUTH.The word of God is the only tool that  can help us analyse and judge all Christian activities.
How would you feel to know that all your criticisms against this great man of God, Pastor Chris, are unfair characterisations made out of ignorance and do not represent what happens in the church?
Romans14v4(TLB):They are God's servants, not yours.They are responsible to him(God),not to you.Let him tell them whether they are right or wrong.And God is able to make them do as they should.
If we must accept the truth, this scripture knocks of what one of the persons said that God has anointed them also to criticise pastor Chris.
The bible shows us from the scripture above that they(the likes of Pastor Chris, Prophet T.B Joshua, Bishop Oyedepo etc) are God's servants and no man has the responsibility of talking them down, it is deadly to call men of God names. I thought, intelligence should rather help us to understand and accept the truth.
1Tim5v17:Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
We can see clearly from the scripture above that Pastor Chris deserves honour and respect from all of us, and this has nothing to do whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not, because it is God's idea for his men to be respected.You will only endanger your own self if you choose not to respect them.

It is true that the church should be the platform to demonstrate God's wisdom [read Ephesians 3:10] but not the crazy religion & atrocities taking place their now in the name of God's wisdom. undecided undecided undecided
Nigerians are renowned for their intelligence globally but their gullibility in the hands of this celebrity ministers sitting as gods in the temples of commercial Christianity is mind bogging to say the least

It is true they are God's servants  [if indeed He and not their bellies] called them to ministry in the first place
None the less, Christ severely warned His followers to be wary of ministers who inwardly were wolves and outwardly sheep
He spoke on what was expected of a minister's lifestyle in regards to character and worldly attachment to possessions
Many times Paul spoke of the deprivations he purposely undertook in order that the gospel he preached would not be tarnished and no one would accuse him of greed and covetousness
He wrote on what was expected of a pastor's family
Even scripture warns us to test all spirits
If you apply half of the above to your celeb pastor club, you will find they fail woefully

You may choose to honor chris O for all you care shocked shocked shocked
It's a free world undecided undecided undecided
Yet what deprivations has he suffered for the word of Christ?
Where has he labored in word and doctrine?
Even Christ said take heed to what you hear
Do you?
Are you like the Bereans who heard Paul speak and went through their bibles to see if it was so?
Many in today's church would gladly fall down at the feet of the apostles who followed Christ and Paul to worship
Yet Peter forbid Cornelius from doing so reminding him he was a mere man saved by God's grace like him
Paul and Barnabas tore their clothes and rebuked men from worshiping them at Lystra
Are your celeb pastors this humble?
They peddle cunningly devised fables to you and you scream preach it
This deceitful workers masquerading as apostles of Christ
Go read 2nd peter again
But you love it so seeing you have developed itchy ears to the truth
May God himself open the eyes of His straying children to the truth
Maranatha
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by moHot(f): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2011
WORRIS ALL THIS shocked shocked
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by aletheia(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
. . .see the crooks lining up, behind a fake lawyer.
Barr rich:

Aletheia,

By your own words highlighted in red above, you reinforce what I said and further indict Chris Oyakhilome as a felon. I find it outstanding that a supposed "lawyer" like you; a "good Christian lawyer" according to your comrade in thievery - Joagbaje - does not understand the words you yourself wrote above. How do you argue your clients' cases in court? Please recall these words in post #130 of this thread:

The prophets of Mammon and disciples of Balaam are at it again. . .trying to pull the wool over our eyes. [size=14pt]Chris Oyakhilome is a thief according to the Laws of Nigeria[/size]:

The important elements here are that, you must have ‘received’ the property in question and also have ‘knowledge’ of the fact that the property so received was stolen. To constitute ‘receiving’, it is sufficient if you are in actual (physical) possession of the stolen property or if it can be deemed that you are in possession (by virtue of the fact that the stolen property is in possession of someone over whom you have control or authority), either alone or in conjunction with others, or if you have aided the disposal or concealment of such property. See R v. Osakwe [1963] All N.L.R. 362.

The general condition of the property may also indicate that the accused ought to have suspected that the property was stolen e.g. where the name written on it or
other marks of the owner has been defaced or altered.

How do I know that Chris Oyakhilome is a thief;
1) The goods in question were stolen and he took possession of them:

Lawrence Agada, general cashier of Sheraton Hotels and Towers, Ikeja, will not forget January 12, in a hurry. On that fateful day, Chris Oyakhilome, pastor of Christ Embassy Church , Oregun, prophesied in a letter to him that God would do mighty things in his life. “He will cause you to excel and lift you up so high that the world can’t but take notice of you, in Jesus name. Amen.” Agada attracted the prophecy for sowing a seed of a 250 KVA generator valued at N4.4 million to the headquarters of Christ Embassy.

2) The claims that he did not know that the goods in question were stolen falls flat, because it is clearly established that this was brought to his attention:

In Agada’s letter to Oyakhilome made available to Newswatch, he informed the pastor formally that he removed funds belonging to Sheraton Hotel to the tune of N39 million. He said he used the money for “various projects and seeding and blessing of brethren in the church without due authorisation from my organisation.”

3) Even the pastor of the Ifako branch was willing to do the right thing but for. . .

Imonivwerha said soon after the confession of Agada, officials of Sheraton Hotel took a tour of the respective churches to verify his claims. He said the team, which included Agada himself, sighted the big generator and chairs at the headquarters of Christ Embassy. According to him, Christine Davidson-Ekeh, head of mission at Christ Embassy, admitted that Agada acquired both the generator and the chairs for the church.

“At the Ifako church we also sighted, and confirmed from the presiding pastor, Mrs. Sholesi, the respective gifts made to the church by Mr. Agada. She, in fact, confirmed that he was her ‘right hand man’ and volunteered further, her willingness to return the money if she had the means to do so,” said Imonivwerha. He said, however, that Sholesi and Davidson-Ekeh indicated their inability to take any further action on the matter but advised the hotel and Agada to write to Oyakhilome.

So I maintain that not only is Chris Oyakhilome a thief but he is a modern Pharisee who so loves money

As seen above the ruling in R v. Osakwe [1963] All N.L.R. 362, which sets a precedent declares that: "it can be deemed that you are in possession (by virtue of the fact that the stolen property is in possession of someone over whom you have control or authority", so even if Chris Oyaks did not directly receive the stolen property, he is culpable. . .but the facts do show that he did take possession of the stolen goods:
[size=14pt]Chris Oyakhilome[/size], pastor of Christ Embassy Church , Oregun, prophesied in a letter to him that God would do mighty things in his life. “He will cause you to excel and lift you up so high that the world can’t but take notice of you, in Jesus name. Amen.” Agada attracted the prophecy for sowing a seed of a 250 KVA generator valued at N4.4 million to [size=14pt]the headquarters of Christ Embassy.[/size]

Barr rich:

According to you:

^
All of una be thief. Which kind miracle go make cashier get 39 million naira out of thin air, donate am to church and the thieving pastor and thieving church members no go ask wetin happen, how him take get the money? I repeat, all of una wey dey defend this stealing on this thread be thief. Una go do worse than Lawrence Agada.

KJV: I Timothy Chapter 6

[6] But godliness with contentment is great gain.
[7] For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
[8] And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
[9] But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
[10] For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
[11] But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

KJV: Matthew Chapter 6

[24]
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbaje(m): 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2011
^^^^^

Frustration at work  . undecided. Call your oga to come and answer for himself.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by PastorAIO: 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^^^

Frustration at work  . undecided. Call your oga to come and answer for himself.

What's the frustration? Couldn't you follow the argument?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbaje(m): 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2011
ochukoccna:

The first time I had my doubts was when I heard him say Christ was not resurrected by God's Spirit
Blasphemy! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Liar! Where did ou hear that? I thought you guys have left all these lies. Jesus was raised by the holyghost. (glory of the father) and pastor chris taught this more than any minister I've heard. You don't even have serious lie in your mouth. Ask your big bros ,they are better at lying . Yours is too obvious lipsrsealed
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbaje(m): 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pastor AIO:

What's the frustration? Couldn't you follow the argument?

Your friend only spue abuses and name calling. Can't discuss civilic for 10 minutes. L

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? / Late Pastor TB Joshua To Be Buried On July 9 / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Denied Writing Any Letter On Self Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.