Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,291 members, 7,891,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:48 AM

Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 (534 Views)

ISWAP Procures Military Uniforms From Libya Ahead Of December Attacks / PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? / Man Narrates Drama That Occurred When SARS Busted Into A Maj. General’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by authority2345: 4:33pm On Jan 10
I'm a young corper in Abuja but trying to hustle for a better life by being an iphone vendor. So on 28th of December a friend of mine ordered for 2 iphone 12 pro max 128gb and he said he only has 570K for each phone and after a lot of up and down because i believe you can't get an iphone 12 pro max brand new for less than 630K-650K.
I later agreed on the price cause I wanted to help and I also needed the business and I agreed 570k each which totals 1,140,000 and I received an alert of 1,160,000 in my Gtbank account (0504050243) and I sent back 15k to the owner cause he dashed me 5k from the 20K and paid for the phones for a supplier I saw online on instagram (wholesale.gadgets.store) and I negotiated with him he offered me the phone for 550k each because he said they were on Christmas sales which totals 1,100,000Million which was a good price and not because I was greedy cause I saw one that was offering a brand new 12 pro max for 450k which sounded too good to be true but this one knows his craft well he looks so legit with 50K + followers and walk in shop receipts and everything to make it look legit and followed through to confirm if they are scam and not and to my little knowledge they don't appear to be one so I sent the money to him.
I told him I couldn't send everything cause it's a lot of money to me because that's the first time I'm handling such amount of money but I sent 1M to the company account that he claimed he gave me on Instagram but he later came up with something that is boss did not agree to send it that they were going to use GIG logistics and they won't interfere with with whether the customer has finished paying or not and sent him the balance Of 104,000 to the company account in sterling bank, account number 8513743738 and the name on the account is Wholesale Store Ng Company Ltd so I can get the phones delivered to the customer cause he gave me a deadline and even sent him the delivery fee which was #4000 from Edo state to Osun state during festive period because I went home to Osun state from Abuja and he assured me I was going to get the phones.
Since 28th of December, 2023 I did not get anything he hardly responds to my messages and now he has blocked me on Instagram but if you check with another account you will see the Instagram account still very active and i'm sending this out not just to solicit for help but to help others from falling victim to him cause he is still out there and now that i'm in trouble of paying back my customer who does not want to listen to me at all cause he said he was dealing directly with me that whatever happens is none of his business. Have been trying to get justice and i have live evidence to back up my claim i went to the Police Station in Maitama nobody is ready to help me and even the EFCC office in Wuse 2 asking me to write a petition to them in which i sent a full mail with screenshots and evidences to back up my claim no one is ready to help which i believe they should be able to because the account i sent money is STERLING BANK in Nigeria which should be traceable and nobody is ready to help me. If anybody tells you the Justice system in Nigeria is Active the person is a big liar. i will attach pictures with evidence to back up my claim. Nigerians please assist me and please look out for wholesale.gadget.store on Instagram with 50K + followers a BIG SCAM[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by LikeAking: 4:37pm On Jan 10
E go beta…

Before you go into any business, e good make person show you road…

1 Like

Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by immortalcrown(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10
First of all, send a complaint, including the account you sent the money to and the transaction ID number, to your bank. Sending email is usually more effective and gets a quicker response. If you can't send a mail, call your bank's customer care. Going to a physical branch of your bank will be a waste of time. This is because the customer care person in the physical branch will ask you to fill a form but will delay before sending the form to the technical team that will handle the case. Sometimes that customer care representative in a physical branch may even forget to forward the form to the team that will handle the case. And it is when you go to a physical branch that they usually tell you to wait for 14 working days. Sometimes you wait for 14 days, go back and they will tell you to wait for another 14 working days. This is why sending a mail or calling the bank customer care number is usually better but many Nigerians do not know this.

The fraud sign is very visible there. I don't know why you didn't see it. It took me less than 5 seconds to see and understand it. I can't help you right now. But let me at least educate you and other viewers.

The image of the physical shop does not reveal the phone number and the address of the shop. Even the name is not a business name. You, as a graduate, know that "Wholesale Gadgets Store" is not a distinct business name but just a mere description of a business. Where on earth, whether online or physical, have you seen such a business name?

Also, can't you see that the picture was taken from a distance? The physical address stated on the Instagram profile is definitely different from that of the shop in the craftily-presented picture.

I pity you and pray you find a solution to your problem. But I am pained that a graduate like you didn't properly analyse the information you have. No matter how much you zoom in the picture of the physical shop, you can't see any phone number or address on the signboard. Doesn't that send a serious message to you? Have you ever seen a business signboard or billboard that does not clearly reveal the phone number and the address of the business office?

Again, the bank account to which you sent the money is supposed to bear the name written on the shop, or at least the phone number the fraudster used to communicate with you should bear the same name on Truecaller. For every legit business, Truecaller uses the business name to identify the phone number of the business. Even legit dispatch riders are identified with known brands on Truecaller. Haba! When I say that an average Nigerian, whether educated or not, lacks common sense, people get offended.

5 Likes

Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by Seunpapa65: 11:27am On Jan 11
Omo u no try ooo
Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11
I wonder how person go do transaction online with person wey e never see.big money .goodluck.No matter how cheap.i can never send money to someone online to buy something.una dey really try for this life.gamblers
Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by chukskafor(m): 1:18pm On Jan 11
Oti lo'

1 Like

Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by tasia1: 7:35pm On Jan 11
Hi All, I also need to put this out here. Zelegant interiors on Instagram is a scammer. I will attach the picture of her page. True caller comes up as Zainab Bashir. +234 806 741 8544 that is her business telephone number. Her Instagram handle is @zelegantinterior, 08067418544.

After ordering from her for stuff worth 160k, she stopped responding to me. No goods, no refund. And I can see she has scammed a lot of people and continues to scam people. Don't fall victim. She is also very good at deleting comments on her Instagram page.

1 Share

Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by tasia1: 7:45pm On Jan 11
08067418544 is a scammer. Please avoid.
Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by Houseontherock1: 8:06pm On Jan 11
Kudos to those of you who have the boldness to transfer heavy amount of money to sellers and service providers they met online! I can't deal with the headache... I'd rather go to a known seller in their physical sales outlet
Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by allen113: 10:37pm On Jan 11
This your matter no too hard but na just time and money. My suggestion would have been for you to chat him up with a different account and tell him you want to purchase a phone if he agrees to sell then insist you meet face to face that way he can be caught. But you will have to go to Edo State.
Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by Maryyyyyy: 11:06am On Jan 12
Please the lady with this case i have a friend that's fallen for the same guy
Can you please send me your number
Re: Report Of A Fraudulent Act That Occurred On The 28th Of December, 2023 by authority2345: 12:39pm On Jan 12
Maryyyyyy:
Please the lady with this case i have a friend that's fallen for the same guy
Can you please send me your number

(1) (Reply)

Group Accuses Anambra CP Of Running Ponzi Scheme, Diversion Of N20bn / New Commissioner Of Police Arrives Anambra / 40 Dead, 10 Injured As Gunmen Invade Plateau Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.