Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,180 members, 7,943,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

Must I Know How To Code To Be UI/UX Designer? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Must I Know How To Code To Be UI/UX Designer? (156 Views)

USSD Code To Check Nin On MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile And Online / Secret Code To Listen To Another Person Call 2022 / Meet Nkemdilim Begho, The Reason Why Every Woman Must Learn How To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must I Know How To Code To Be UI/UX Designer? by DesignwithKen(m): 9:46pm On Jan 13
The short answer to this question is NO.

It can be useful but is in no way essential.

I will throw more light in a bit but first, let's get this clear.

User interface design, user experience design and coding are three different things.

A UI and UX designer do not depend on coding skill to carryout their jobs any more than a mechanic also need to know how to drive a car.

However, if you can drive as a mechanic, you will be able to communicate with drivers about their problems better.

So also as a designer that knows about coding, it will be much easier to communicate and work with developers.

Having a knowledge of coding will also give you a competitive advantage when you enter the job market.

If you are wondering what codes to learn, I suggest you learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

Hope this cools your mind.

- design with Ken

Re: Must I Know How To Code To Be UI/UX Designer? by numtums(m): 10:55pm On Jan 13
NO
Re: Must I Know How To Code To Be UI/UX Designer? by judatech: 9:39am On Jan 14
How and where do I start?

(1) (Reply)

P..i Network Coins Needed At Highest Rates / Ban On Crypto Will Still Make Naira Crash More / Automatic Sliding Door

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.