Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,077 members, 7,939,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service (423 Views)

Ghanaian Pastor Flaunts Cash He Received As Offering After Church Service / Two Ladies Fighting After Church Service In Rivers State / Pastor Who Shares Fufu And Cow Meat Soup After Church Service Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:06am On Jan 14
See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Night After Church Service

The church venue was located at an area replete with nite clubs and hotels, so prostitutes were often seen hanging out around that area especially at night.

The sight of them though, seemed to irritate Christians who worked, lived or had their church venues around that area, as I have often heard several of them express their disapproval of having to cope with the sights of such scantily clad ones on a frequent basis as a result.

One even took it to the point of praying for the clubs to be burnt down so the area could have some sort of reprieve. Even the church's pastor had spoken a times about not being comfortable holding church services around such an area.

However I seemed to be on a different page from them, as I didn't have any issue with them being there at all, close to the church.

Infact I saw it as a huge opportunity for the church, because I felt the purpose of the church is to reach out to lost souls like that with the Gospel, so it was supposed to be an advantage for the church to have such ones closeby or around them so they could easily reach them.

That was already my inclination, and on this particular night, we had just closed from midweek program at church, so I was with 2 guys. One was a friend, the other, a guest artist who also happened to be a pastor, and we were just making our way to the place we could get a cab to take us home.

Suddenly out of one of those clubs came 3 prostitutes, and they were seeking their customers as usual.

That was when they came into our conversation, as one of the three of us immediately expressed his disgust on sighting them. Ironically this was someone who I knew very well to be just a church-goer still living a life of sin and sexual immorality, yet he was the first to condemn someone else.

I was disgusted at his sheer hypocrisy, but wasn't fazed. Hence as my inclination was at the time, to preach the Gospel at every opportunity, I expressed my desire to instead share the Gospel with them regardless. And the other gentleman, who was a pastor, was on the same page with me, so we decided that we were going to approach the girls, which of course, we did.

Thankfully they gave us audience but seemed distracted at first as some car users, who they saw as potential customers were still passing by.

However after a while, we had their undivided attention, as we suddenly split into three groups, each of us with a prostitute sharing whatever we had to say with them, including the reluctant guy who seemed to have to no other choice but to follow suit.

It been over 20 years now since that happened so I can't remember exactly what I said to the girl with me and her exact response, but what I could remember was that at some point, i had to get a pen from my friend to take down her number perhaps for follow up afterwards, as she was willing to give me her contact which appeared kind of her.

Shortly afterwards we were through speaking with them and it appeared to have some short-term effect at least, as the three of them instead of staying back to continue waiting for customers, immediately left the area in a cab.

That was the last I spoke with the one with me or heard of her, so I can't say exactly how it panned out, however I was glad I was able to share the Gospel of Christ with her to at least give her that chance.

The pastor friend with us that day though came back with some encouraging update.

He testified that the prostitute he spoke to attended his church service the following Sunday and also testified there. She also shared with him some of her life's problems which perhaps that pushed her into the lifestyle, so he was able to also ask members of his church to assist her wherever they could.

I was surprised with his testimony though, because I didn't see that coming at all to be honest. After the prostitutes left us, I thought that was likely the end of it, as I didn't expect any of them to take our preaching seriously, but that suggested why we need to preach the Gospel to them regardless, because one never knows.

That could be the reason they come to know Jesus, the only Man who could fill the void in their hearts.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:07am On Jan 14
Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by NoahHadNoArk: 9:03am On Jan 14
It been over 20 years now since that happened so I can't remember exactly what I said to the girl with me and her exact response, but what I could remember was that at some point, i had to get a pen from my friend to take down her number perhaps for follow up afterwards, as she was willing to give me her contact which appeared kind of her
20yrs ago, cell phones in Nigeria were not commonplace and not everyone owned land lines.

What contact did you collect from her?!

If you cooking up stories for testimonies could you at least make us know it’s fiction

4 Likes

Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:10am On Jan 14
NoahHadNoArk:

20yrs ago, cell phones in Nigeria were not commonplace and not everyone owned land lines.

If you cooking up stories for testimonies could you at least make us know it’s fiction
That you didn't have a cell phone then didn't mean that everyone else doesn't have one.

That was exactly in 2003, but GSM phones were already in existence several years back. Do your research.

I can remember in 2001 in my church about when it came out, some kids in my church had it because their rich parents bought it for them, but most adults like me didn't.

So I understand your sentiments but please calm down a bit. You don't have to believe a true story for it to be true.

Thanks for taking time to read it though. God bless.
Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by Dtruthspeaker: 2:46pm On Jan 14
NoahHadNoArk:

Unless you.were in the village in 2002, nitel was in every major city and town and people had telephones and the rich bought mtn sim card for N36k before buying a phone of their choice.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by Dtruthspeaker: 2:51pm On Jan 14
Preaching to prostitutes like preaching to crocodiles
Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by guysbewise: 2:53pm On Jan 14
Jesus christ is an invention of the Roman empire.

God Almighty of the original Old Testament is the only True God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g13jQYOzYo
Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by FxMasterz: 3:40pm On Jan 14
NoahHadNoArk:

The preacher said he got a pen from his friend to take down her number. The preacher and his friends probably had no phone but the prostitute had one.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by NoahHadNoArk: 3:42pm On Jan 14
Dtruthspeaker:

Unless you.were in the village in 2002, nitel was in every major city and town and people had telephones and the rich bought mtn sim card for N36k before buying a phone of their choice.

So a girl who could afford 36k for a starter pack, as it was called that year, would be trading her body for a living. Makes sense absolutely, thank you!
Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by Dtruthspeaker: 7:48pm On Jan 14
NoahHadNoArk:

So a girl who could afford 36k for a starter pack, as it was called that year, would be trading her body for a living. Makes sense absolutely, thank you!

See how you have changed and twisted the argument from phone availability to universally alleging that every girl who bought a starter pack back then was a prostitute. What a turbulent mind
Re: See What Happened Between 3 Guys And 3 Prostitutes At Nite After Church Service by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:03am On Jan 21
God is good.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Spiritual Meaning Behind Waking Up At 2AM / DAILY MANNA Feeding On His Word Daily / Will U Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.