Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,022 members, 7,883,537 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? (11526 Views)

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by FeliciaOja(f): 1:12pm On Jan 16
Yes
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by alizma: 1:16pm On Jan 16
Nothing is perfect in a relationship with a man who's family don't want you.
The topic should be, will you take the risk of marrying a man who's family don't want you
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by pretydiva(f): 1:16pm On Jan 16
A big No
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by KarinaSlim(f): 1:17pm On Jan 16
wis3:
Women will marry anything so long as he has money.

Lies from the pit of hell.

Any woman who marries u just for money does not love you in this world.

Just take that from me.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by integrity16(m): 1:18pm On Jan 16
That's a no go area!
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Trophy12: 1:20pm On Jan 16
advanceDNA:

There's almost no mum that likes their daughter in-law at first sight...y'all just pretend with "awwwwwewnn" ..."u are so beautiful" .…."my son brought home a fine geh" ..etc.... U too will soon become a mum naaa.....na so all of una be..... Some mothers don't just know ho to hide their own

.the likeness usually comes later later after many encounters when they see u too are a pleasant person (if u are ooooo) and like a daughter to them..

.u are the one technically invading...so pay ur dues as a daughter in-law to her...weda she's showing u face or not...she will either come to love u or leave u alone....

.U go dey alright....

I love ur comment God bless u, the best comment so far .I pray she take this advice
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Emmymarvel(m): 1:22pm On Jan 16
Run out of that relationship, forget about all the Glitz and manly look you described. From the family issues you described and how you are convinced that it was the mum that brainwashed him. He is a mummys boy and will not change.
Sxyhalima:
I met a man, we have been dating for over a year and talking about marriage

- he is tall and handsome (there are 3 things that I don't really like about his appearance, but they can be worked upon and I am not the most beautiful in the world)

- he is super healthy, takes care of himself

- he earns 77,000 dollars a year (before tax), and is likely to get more and more money in his career as he progresses

- he is in the process of buying his first property this year

- he is educated and has a good job

- he has all the qualities i look for in a man: kind, caring, thoughtful, considerate, funny, family-orientated, generous (took me on trips abroad, etc) and more. Nobody is perfect, he also has unresolved trauma, but again these things can be worked upon

- he loves God

- we have similar hobbies: travelling, events, he is literally my person and the male person of me

HOWEVER!

He doesn't talk to his dad or his dad's side of his family because in my opinion, his mother has brainwashed him against them. He also doesn't talk to his mother's side of the family (she doesn't talk to them either). He doesn't talk to his siblings, except 1, despite living in the same house. His mother doesn't like me, as she feels like I am taking him away from her and she doesn't like people from my country. She has tried to interfere and break us up, but he has stood firm and now she has said she doesn't want to be involved in our relationship. This is very hurtful for me. I am concerned that she could cause problems for us in our relationship and marriage. He gives over half of his salary to his mother every month (she doesn't work as she struggles to work because she has depression that is debilitating), but he says he will stop once he moves out. I believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and I am concerned that it will just be me, him, our kids, and my family. I am not welcome in his mother's house, and I have said that if I am not welcome there, I don't think it is approrpiate for him to still visit, just like if I was welcome somewhere and my husband wasn't - I wouldn't go. That person will then change up and act accordingly to make my partner feel welcome, but I think he is just enabling bad behaviour. I am scared he will one day resent me or accuse me of affecting the relationship with his original family. He has said that he plans to just have two families (me/the kids.. and his mother/sibling he talks to) and I am scared it will be a case of a man having two "wives", pivoting between two households, being the man of both households. I don't want to share my husband!

Would you marry a man that was the perfect man for you, but his family wasn't good/his mother did not like you?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Ttipsy(f): 1:24pm On Jan 16
As a lady u r just gathering firewood that will ………..

Wha if the man die
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Menclothing: 1:26pm On Jan 16
This is funny
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Teejaney88(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16
Gbam!
advanceDNA:

There's almost no mum that likes their daughter in-law at first sight...y'all just pretend with "awwwwwewnn" ..."u are so beautiful" .…."my son brought home a fine geh" ..etc.... U too will soon become a mum naaa.....na so all of una be..... Some mothers don't just know ho to hide their own

.the likeness usually comes later later after many encounters when they see u too are a pleasant person (if u are ooooo) and like a daughter to them..

.u are the one technically invading...so pay ur dues as a daughter in-law to her...weda she's showing u face or not...she will either come to love u or leave u alone....

.U go dey alright....

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Babaken(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16
As long the money is there 99.9 character she want in a man is there.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by DukeNija(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16
Sxyhalima:
i tried to build a relationship she isnt interested

Don’t do it. You’ll regret the marriage. If your prospective in-laws don’t like you, walking into that family will be suicide
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by healthkknatural: 1:34pm On Jan 16
Cruise777:

Hmmn

Red flag...

Marriage is for life so your choice is critical and you must open your eyes wide
. True..Talk.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Fiscus105(m): 1:34pm On Jan 16
He keeps malice to "this and doesn't talk to that" still you called that person a good man.

How did u measure ur good man? I guess wen guy is tall and rich , that's ur own dictionary meaning of good man.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by KanuSE: 1:36pm On Jan 16
Ok
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by IamOrei(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16
nevere u try am
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by ObalendeCMS: 1:38pm On Jan 16
Bwitch, leave that ni66a alone.
You probably are nothing different from his mother!
Atenu.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by jaxxy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16
If the family has no genuine reason to dislike u and he/she is financially and emotionally independent of his family.

U could probably go ahead.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by yusufmurry: 1:50pm On Jan 16
wis3:
Women will marry anything so long as he has money.

No mind them deceiving themselves.

She see money say the guy na him spec. Nonsense
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Originalsly: 1:50pm On Jan 16
His mother will control the marriage through him. If she can control who he speaks to in his blood family ... who are you? ... isn't blood thicker than water? If half his salary goes to his mom ... what will be left for his family? Do you really believe his mother will accept him cutting her off
and redirecting his resources to your benefit and development? ... to make your married life better than hers? You need to set your feelings aside and really put things in perspective while bearing in mind "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Yousuph007(m): 1:59pm On Jan 16
Who'll Mary me nah
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by NovusHomo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16
Sxyhalima:
i tried to build a relationship she isnt interested

Run, Halima, run. This is perhaps the most toxic setup I've ever read about.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by ukaface(f): 2:09pm On Jan 16
You want enter fire by yourself

Goodluck
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Goodnewsforlife: 2:11pm On Jan 16
Sxyhalima:
how can i get to know someone who says she does not even like people from my tribe?

he has promised to stand by me but im still scared of marrying into such family

i font want to get engaged and then have to call of the engagement because someone is making things difficult
u saw fire n u are asking us if u should enter

Can’t u see d red flags? The mother will always have d way no matter who u are, don’t worry go ahead n marry him despite the fact that the woman made it clear she doesn’t like your tribe

I pity u

Na people like u go come dey create thread about regrets later n expect people to pity u

Read about a naira lander here, @greatresearcher by name.

He was warned not to marry a gold digger here but love overclouded his common sense

Now oga don end up for court in d name of divorce
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by LordIsaac(m): 2:24pm On Jan 16
Sxyhalima:

- he is tall and handsome (there are 3 things that I don't really like about his appearance, but they can be worked upon and I am not the most beautiful in the world)

- he is super healthy, takes care of himself

- he earns 77,000 dollars a year (before tax), and is likely to get more and more money in his career as he progresses

- he is in the process of buying his first property this year

- he is educated and has a good job

- he has all the qualities i look for in a man: kind, caring, thoughtful, considerate, funny, family-orientated, generous (took me on trips abroad, etc) and more. Nobody is perfect, he also has unresolved trauma, but again these things can be worked upon

- he loves God

- we have similar hobbies: travelling, events, he is literally my person and the male person of me

HOWEVER!

He doesn't talk to his dad or his dad's side of his family because in my opinion, his mother has brainwashed him against them. He also doesn't talk to his mother's side of the family (she doesn't talk to them either). He doesn't talk to his siblings, except 1, despite living in the same house. His mother doesn't like me, as she feels like I am taking him away from her and she doesn't like people from my country. She has tried to interfere and break us up, but he has stood firm and now she has said she doesn't want to be involved in our relationship. This is very hurtful for me. I am concerned that she could cause problems for us in our relationship and marriage. He gives over half of his salary to his mother every month (she doesn't work as she struggles to work because she has depression that is debilitating), but he says he will stop once he moves out. I believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and I am concerned that it will just be me, him, our kids, and my family. I am not welcome in his mother's house, and I have said that if I am not welcome there, I don't think it is approrpiate for him to still visit, just like if I was welcome somewhere and my husband wasn't - I wouldn't go. That person will then change up and act accordingly to make my partner feel welcome, but I think he is just enabling bad behaviour. I am scared he will one day resent me or accuse me of affecting the relationship with his original family. He has said that he plans to just have two families (me/the kids.. and his mother/sibling he talks to) and I am scared it will be a case of a man having two "wives", pivoting between two households, being the man of both households. I don't want to share my husband!

Would you marry a man that was the perfect man for you, but his family wasn't good/his mother did not like you?
You have a choice between what you can see in the present (the man and all he has) and the cross waiting for you, so much so that you may almost be praying for the death of his mother. The choice is yours to make now o…remember not to blame God later if you decide to walk by sight! I’m just advocating for God o.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Juniorangel(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16
Is a man perfect without his family?
Can a man be perfect without the support of his family. Work on your man he is the problem only him can unite his family.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by kkins25(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16
Sxyhalima:

If he gives his mom half of his salary, then, that's not a strong-willed man, ma. Mums are very good at making you(I mean their sons) feel indebted to them, so they can keep you under their control. From what you say, the guy isn't in control of his own salary. Come on!

Plus, he might be good at hiding it, but, from experience, there are times when I wanted to make moves that my mom didn't agree with and ended up not going through with them because that emotional trojan horse still lingers. He could be wise enough to avoid scenarios that cause trouble between you and the mum, but to say, he'll cut off from her for your sake, is day-dreaming.

What makes you think he'll abandon his mother he feels made him who he is for you?

On your part, why are you bothered about being on good terms with the mum? From what I know, mums are always on the lookout for flaws in their daughter-in-law. I don't really understand why women want to so badly please their mom inlaws. is there some hierarchical shit going on behind the scenes that we, men, are oblivious to?

Somebody, educate me, please.

Mod:

You better up your own emotional manipulation games:
1) Let him know of your concerns and that he should remember that you, alone, have everything to lose if things don't work out along these lines.
2) Don't try to paint the mum in bad light. That always backfires. Instead, exploit his selfishness (it's a man thingy. grin), and let him see how troubling it might be for his family (you and the future kids). And, you want him to be at his best, as he is the bedrock of the family.
3) Entice him with stuff like "The burden lies on you to break the yolk, and I will be there to support you all the way."
4) "I'm sorry I have to burden you with this, but please, it's a matter that can destroy the whole family if it's not settled. If you want it to be just me and you, fine. We'll see manage."
5) "Let's talk about this in two weeks time."

Something in that manner. Just don't paint the mum or his family in bad light. If possible, rope yourself into the drama. You too, come from home with mommy and daddy issues. and you want to cut off too. wink wink wink

It's what I would do anyway.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by tesuto1(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16
After una two don marry,una too kom get issue,who u fit run to,to epp you talk to am....answer this question sincerely before deciding what to do

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Rrchrd(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16
You haven't tell us the country you're from & the 3things you don't like about him or his apperance whatever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives / Couples Crying During Wedding... Why? / Please Advise! Heavy Menstrual Period!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.