Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,665 members, 7,918,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. (1918 Views)

Why This Southern Nigerian Tribe Can Never Be Part Of Biafra / 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father / MC Oluomo's Daughter, Mistura Ayokade Dispels Rumour About Her Father's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by Ebi2233: 7:45pm On Jan 14
The Ijaw Tribe is the largest tribe in the Niger Delta Region and the 3rd or 4th largest tribe in Nigeria with over 2,800 villages and settlements. The Ijaws were unjustly balkanized into more than 6 states of Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom States among others when all Ijaw areas are fully together and share perfect boundaries with each other just to weaken Ijaw unity and break Ijaw more.

Ijaw produce over 90 percent of Nigerias Crude Oil, both onshore and offshore.

Ijaw don't sell bone. If you marry an Arogbo in Ondo State woman, you must bring back the body to be buried with her fathers people even when you pay the bride price well. Same thing applies in the Kalabari Clan of Ijaw in Rivers State. Same thing applies to Bayelsa Ijaws. Seyi Makinde of Oyo, Douye Diri of Bayelsa, Godwin Obaseki of Edo among others that have Ijaws as First Ladies. The women will be buried with her fathers people no matter how much you pay for her head.

Generally Ijaw value women children than men. Men can die somewhere and you bury him there but you must bring woman back. If you cant bring her, you must conjur her spirit to the grave you will do in her town for her and make sacrifices saying this is your real grave.

Nembe Clan own worse. The children are owned by the woman and not the man. Some clans have little adjustments but Ijaw generally greatly value women. The tribe Supreme Deities are women. My granfather died, my mum was given more of his properties and houses than her two elder brothers. No tribe in Nigeria value women as much as the Ijaws.

@General Ditari.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by Nokio2: 9:02pm On Jan 14
My guy that culture na when 1$ = #165
Last month my neighbor ijaw wife die both her and her spirit them bury them for this Jos... Wetin u dey talk

5 Likes

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by Ebi2233: 9:03pm On Jan 14
Nokio2:
My guy that culture na when 1$ = #165
Last month my neighbor ijaw wife die both her and her spirit them bury them for this Jos... Wetin u dey talk
I have told you that they will still go home and do the real grave there spiritually.
I wrote it there.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by waternogetemeny: 10:36pm On Jan 14
Ijaw is minority, the third smallest in NigerDelta..

2 Likes

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by Ebi2233: 8:12am On Jan 15
waternogetemeny:
Ijaw is minority, the third smallest in NigerDelta..
Ijaw is larger than Igbo.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by OfoIgbo: 9:49am On Jan 15
Ebi2233:

If Ijaw is larger than Igbo then there ought to be up to 7 Ijaw governors.

In spite of all the marginalisation that Igbos suffer, Igbos are guaranteed 5 governors in every dispensation. On occasions, we get up to 7 governors.

Ijaws are majority in a state that is possibly the least populated state in Nigeria i.e Bayelsa

Ijawland is geographically nearer to Lagos, yet Igbo votes in Lagos far outweigh Ijaw votes in Lagos by a factor of 20 to 1.

Igbo-speaking people of the SS alone outnumber the Ijaws. Know this and know peace.

5 Likes

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by technicallyrich(m): 11:26am On Jan 15
Ebi2233:

You are not ijaw,no ijaw will ever insult igbos as they are our brothers.
Ijaws are the 4 the largest tribe after yorubas which are third.
And igbos are the largest tribe in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by technicallyrich(m): 11:28am On Jan 15
OfoIgbo:

If Ijaw is larger than Igbo then there ought to be up to 7 Ijaw governors.

In spite of all the marginalisation that Igbos suffer, Igbos are guaranteed 5 governors in every dispensation. On occasions, we get up to 7 governors.

Ijaws are majority in a state that is possibly the least populated state in Nigeria i.e Bayelsa

Ijawland is geographically nearer to Lagos, yet Igbo votes in Lagos far outweigh Ijaw votes in Lagos by a factor of 20 to 1.

Igbo-speaking people of the SS alone outnumber the Ijaws. Know this and know peace.
I'm from ijaw,don't mind him.he is a Yoruba man.if he is ijaw let him upload his videos and that of his community.
I did so here when people doubted I'm ijaw.
Ijaws and igbos are brothers expecially eastern and central ijaws.
Some ijaws are even related to Igbos by blood so why will ijaw na be attacking igbos.
He is not ijaw

6 Likes

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by OfoIgbo: 12:05pm On Jan 15
technicallyrich:

I'm from ijaw,don't mind him.he is a Yoruba man.if he is ijaw let him upload his videos and that of his community.
Some ijaws are even related to Igbos by blood so why will ijaw na be attacking igbos.
He is not ijaw

As you suspect, he could well be an interloper. That is usually their way

1 Like

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by GreatBoss: 1:04pm On Jan 15
technicallyrich:

He is not ijaw

Hey grow up..
Who don't know me on Nairaland knows no one.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by GreatBoss: 1:05pm On Jan 15
technicallyrich:

Grow up.
Igbos find Ijaw trouble first and you know it.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by technicallyrich(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15
GreatBoss:

Hey grow up..
I proved my self here when I had issue with tosyn2much.uploaded my pics and a short video to show I'm ijaw.
You behave like afon they are the once always looking for ijaws and igbos to quarrel.
Ijaws and igbos are brothers.expecially we the Eastern ijaws.
Prove every one you are ijaw by posting your video, community, name.
Fake ijaw.yoruba man

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by technicallyrich(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15
GreatBoss:

Hey grow up..
I don't know you Yoruba man
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by MadamExcellency: 1:19pm On Jan 15
My tribe is part of the Igbo ethnic group and that's our culture, our daughters are returned to be buried with our ancestors.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by jamesversion: 1:36pm On Jan 15
technicallyrich:

Mr. Man, who dash you fourth largest tribe in Nigeria? With your 1.5Million population of Bayelsa?
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by technicallyrich(m): 1:50pm On Jan 15
jamesversion:

Mr. Man, who dash you fourth largest tribe in Nigeria? With your 1.5Million population of Bayelsa?
I don't insult people.
Ijaws are the fourth largerst after yorubas which are third.
Ijaws are not only in bayelsa but we are in akwaibom,ondo,delta,Edo,rivers,bayelsa and Lagos but yorubas are trying to erase their history.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by ruggedtimi(m): 2:01pm On Jan 15
In some parts of ijaw...if the man marry's the woman fully. Then she can be buried where ever he wants her to be buried and he owns everything about her including her child with another man. E.g Okrika people.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by jamesversion: 2:07pm On Jan 15
technicallyrich:

I don't insult people.
Ijaws are the fourth largerst after yorubas which are third.
Ijaws are not only in bayelsa but we are in akwaibom,ondo,delta,Edo,rivers,bayelsa and Lagos but yorubas are trying to erase their history.

Ijaw are more populated than Yoruba. Hahahahahahahahhahaha. grin grin grin grin grin

Seems like you're out of touch with reality. Inside mangrove forest that you live. Take a laptop or phone and open a map application and see for yourself the terrain that Ijaws call homeland.

Zoom on it and see the scant number of towns/villages you have and their sizes. Check out your terrain very well and sincerely ask yourself if humans subjected to such terrain can be expected to surpass those in proper habitable terrain in population.

You can only deceive yourself in this age of technology.
Name and list the Ijaw cities and towns with considerable population density

When you sit down in INC/IYC meeting, you start creating revisionism and propaganda as a means to an end.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by technicallyrich(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15
jamesversion:

Ijaw are more populated than Yoruba. Hahahahahahahahhahaha. grin grin grin grin grin

Seems like you're out of touch with reality. Inside mangrove forest that you live. Take a laptop or phone and open a map application and see for yourself the terrain that Ijaws call homeland.

Zoom on it and see the scant number of towns/villages you have and their sizes. Check out your terrain very well and sincerely ask yourself if humans subjected to such terrain can be expected to surpass those in proper habitable terrain in population.

You can only deceive yourself in this age of technology.
Name and list the Ijaw cities and towns with considerable population density

When you sit down in INC/IYC meeting, you start creating revisionism and propaganda as a means to an end.
I said ijaws are fourth largerst after yorubas that are third.
I didn't say we are more populated.
Now take your phone and browse ijaw town,you have your answer.
Ijaws also are the richest and one of the bravest tribes in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by jamesversion: 2:13pm On Jan 15
technicallyrich:

I said ijaws are fourth largerst after yorubas that are third.
I didn't say we are more populated.
Now take your phone and browse ijaw town,you have your answer.
Ijaws also are the richest and one of the bravest tribes in Nigeria.

What is your estimated figures in millions?
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by GreatBoss: 3:20pm On Jan 15
jamesversion:

Ijaws are more than Igbos.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by waternogetemeny: 7:39am On Jan 16
Ebi2233:

IJAW DONT EVEN HAVE CAPITAL CITY

YENEGOA IS NOT IJAW.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by Ijoh(m): 1:30pm On Jan 16
waternogetemeny:

IJAW DONT EVEN HAVE CAPITAL CITY

YENEGOA IS NOT IJAW.

Yenagoa is Igbo.
Namasiobiri.
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by waternogetemeny: 8:36pm On Jan 16
Ijoh:

Yenagoa is Igbo.
Namasiobiri.

THE TRIBE THAT OWN YENAGOA, ARE NOT IJAW

EPIE OWN YENAGOA
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by GreatBoss: 6:22am On Jan 17
waternogetemeny:

THE TRIBE THAT OWN YENAGOA, ARE NOT IJAW

EPIE OWN YENAGOA

Yenagoa LGA is made up of six Ijaw Clans.

Gbarain
Ekpetiama
Epie
Atisa
Okordia
Zarama
Biseni
Re: Why This Nigerian Tribe Bury Wife In Her Father's Place. by waternogetemeny: 11:03am On Jan 17
GreatBoss:

Yenagoa LGA is made up of six Ijaw Clans.

Gbarain
Ekpetiama
Epie
Atisa
Okordia
Zarama
Biseni

epie are not ijaw, just as isoko are no ijaw and both tribes are in that bayelsa.

Ijaw is a super minority tribe.

(1) (Reply)

Regionalism System Of Government Are Not Solutions To Nigeria Emir of Kano Sanus / Rivers State Gets a new Chairman of Council Of Traditional Rulers / Guys, Prepare For The Coming Slave Trade!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.