Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Open Letter To The Nigeria Police Force Headquarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Nigeria Police Force Headquarters (111 Views)

Andy Uba Detained At Force Headquarters, reason unclear - The Will / EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Force Headquarters In Abuja, Demand To See IGP / Usman Shugaba, Aisha Buhari's ADC Released, Reassigned To Force Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Nigeria Police Force Headquarters by PaNnamdi: 6:28pm On Jan 17
You police headquarters of Nigeria listen up angry

I heard the IG of Nigeria police police force is making plans of setting up a special squad to stop kidnappers and bandits.Although I commend him for that,I must confessed I felt very disappointed as a Nigerian hearing this from a man who ought to be knowledgeable about security strategies and tactics peculiar to our country nigeria

What you police commanders need to tackle this menace is not by setting up hundreds upon hundreds of police squads,but rather AI powered CCTV systems and drones.

I wonder how the squad will do magic when they have no video footage of a crime scene to examine when they arrive at a crime scene or the magic poorly equipped and multiple squads of policemen will do when they are unable to track bandits.The police really needs high performing drones with good endurance abilities in the air to track kidnappers right from the moment they are collecting the ransom paid until when the go back to their camp.

Mr IGP, if you see this and you are passionate about ending insecurities,make an emergency appeal to the president,and also senate to release funds to the Nigerian police force for acquisition of high endurance surveillance drones and also CCTVs to be installed in major streets and roads in Nigeria or in areas of high crime activities for a start.

Anything short of this is just moving aimlessly around the bush as there is no way the police can fight crime if they fail to make appropriate use of technology in clamping the wings of criminals.

fergie001 Mynd44 OAM4JSeun and any nairaland moderator seeing this should please move this thread to the front page as security situation is getting out of hand

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo@54 Celebrating A Distinguished Personality With A Proven Track Record Of / Oyedele: FG Not Recruiting ‘area Boys’ To Collect Taxes / Fintiri Vs Wike & Pdp Fmr National Chairmen, Fintiri Says Pdp Is Intact Regardle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.