Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? (2634 Views)

At Last Populat Nairalander Airforce1 Shoot A Video. Hate Or Rate / Throwback Test: How Many Of These Screenshots/Videos Do You Remember? / Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? by publisher(m): 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
[size=15pt]I am NO racist or anything like that, but i do get turned off whenever i see a Nigerian music video with the artiste using a white girl as say ,a love interest,
The ones reigning now are tuface's- 'Be there',and Sunny nneji's new song about facebook love or some sh1t like that. There are many others,so do these artists believe that having white girls on their videos will make their songs sell more? Does it work?

How does it make u feel? angry[/size]
Re: White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? by publisher(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2011
PS: How many popular white artistes feature black girls as leading models on their hit music videos?
Take note of the bolded words.
Re: White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2011
Go look at Kas's "Fi Mi Le" video. He puts Tu Baba's "Be There" to shame. The comments say it all as well.

I find it very strange to be honest. We have plenty of beautiful women in all corners of the continent. I wish artists would show off our beauty more. We have it in abundance.
Re: White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? by poweredcom(m): 8:43am On Nov 07, 2011
Well Its good for other rac of babes to be in our song but not in every time, if it is a song that deals wih world issue and demanding love and peace, then other race can be but when a dance song , a local one for us .you bring a white gal to be the star chick, well its wrong, its like you aint proud of our black sistas, abi sey dem tell dem say na white gal go make dem video sell,
Re: White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? by anonymous6(f): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
publisher:

[size=15pt]I am NO racist or anything like that,  but i do get turned off whenever i see a Nigerian music video with the artiste using a white girl as say ,a love interest,
The ones reigning now are tuface's- 'Be there',and Sunny nneji's new song about facebook love or some sh1t like that. There are many others,so do these artists believe that having white girls on their videos will make their songs sell more? Does it work?

How does it make u feel? angry[/size]

I agree with everything you just said

So to answer your question do I agree with white girls being used in Naija Music Videos, HELL NO. there is no gain in it nor does it sell the song more as far as I am concerned because Naija Music video's like or not are meant to cater to Black Nigerians and other Black africans, most who are listening & buying these musicians music 99% of the time are Black africans. Like it or Not Naija music videos is the only refuge where Black African people can see their own because western media doesn't show Black love, or promotes it. the portray Black women as ugly in every arena from acting to music, so if you are not mixed they won't consider you. If you watch Most african american music videos almost all their videos have light skinned females that are mixed race, non-black latina's and exotic white females, you rarily see Black females in their videos any more. here is a example:
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_Vtp-JzV4[/flash]
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZrxXnsMEIM[/flash]
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5T8XTvDNWM&feature=channel_video_title[/flash]

In the UK, all black British video's show only white girls, not even mixed girls; and if they show a Black girl it will just be one or a mixed girl. Right now it has been so established or the norm that many Blacks are fighting about it in the western world from America to UK. Now the excuse in America now is because the country is a multiracial country it has to appeal to all demographics, the same with the UK. The issue is I never seen a white musician in the western world put Black females only or at all in their videos. So why the biasity, any way that doesn't bother me any more because many african american men and from what I heard to a extent Black British men have issues with women in their communities and at times consider non-black women prettier then their own women, so if that is the mindset of the musicians then they already won

BUT WHEN it comes to NIGERIA their is no excuse. That is one of the reasons I respect the Nigerian entertainment industry because they show people who look like me, it's the only refuge now for blacks to see their own. Besides that their music is not meant for whites at all or to cater to them, Nigeria is black african country and are entertainment is meant for us not a demographic that is not Part of us, so it is wrong. IF Naija music video's fall for this then the Black race worldwide will be lost to whites for ever, I am sorry but it is the truth. Let just thank God 99% of Naija video's have all Black females

I have see 2Face "be There" and that video was Pathetic; to be perfectly honest their music will not sell more and it can mess up the potential for the song to make actually because From what I have observed is the musicians that have been selling more and popular have all had videos with only Black african or Black females; examples are D'banj, P-square, Bracket, ice prince, Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, even 2 Face with "african Queen" and etc. the singers that have been doing the reverse, not only are not as popular, but the song loses it potential to be great because it turns the fans off. That is one of the reasons I like D'banj and many other singers because not only is his music good he always puts black females in his videos

So to me I don't think putting white girls in Naija Videos will sell the because based on what I have seen & observed the musicians selling are the ones putting all Black women in their videos, examples
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyMtrUCMTRE[/flash]
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KIHJOLeyFk[/flash]
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX6m5CrFLyg&feature=related[/flash]
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A576XVrgD4&feature=related[/flash]

I can put more but I feel you get the point
Re: White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? by anonymous6(f): 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
ogugua88:

Go look at Kas's "Fi Mi Le" video. He puts Tu Baba's "Be There" to shame. The comments say it all as well.

I find it very strange to be honest. We have plenty of beautiful women in all corners of the continent. I wish artists would show off our beauty more. We have it in abundance.

I saw Kas's video, and many of the comments have been negative against his video, and as a result it has messed up the appeal of the song or the potential of the song to be greater. The funny part what gets to me is the song is in Yoruba for the most part, and the demographic of women he put in the video didn't make sense. Now because of that video based on the comments on his video, the video messed up the reputation of the song. Dr. Sid and Ice prince's songs are much more popular then Kas's song, and kas came out earlier then these two men. I am most certain the video's contribute to that because without watching their music videos Dr. Sid and Kas's song's are equal in how good they are; Ice prince song is better then the other two but see what happened.

publisher:

PS: How many popular white artistes feature black girls as leading models on their hit music videos?
Take note of the bolded words.

NONE, exactly, that is why I don't care to see white girls in Naija video in return either.
Re: White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? by MrResource(m): 7:26am On Jan 13, 2012
As if Naija girls no dey again. . .2face is clearly moving away from his 'African Queen' theme.I see no reason why a white chic was used in 'Be there'-the thing vex me angry
Even using whites as dansers is a Big NO!!!. . .doesn't matter where you shoot the video!

Re: White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? by anonymous6(f): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
Mr.Resource:

As if Naija girls no dey again. . .2face is clearly moving away from his 'African Queen' theme.I see no reason why a white chic was used in 'Be there'-the thing vex me angry
Even using whites as dansers is a Big NO!!!. . .doesn't matter where you shoot the video!

Amen

(1) (Reply)

Tekno - Go Instrumental (prod. Eazibitz) / Nigeria Igbo Sings Remix Of Big Shaqs Mans Not Hot / Searching $ Naija Artiste Website? Come Along

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.