Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,689 members, 7,918,169 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:29 AM

Pull Me Down! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pull Me Down! (67 Views)

Man Fights A Hooker He Had A Nice Time With, Pull Off Her Shirt & Exposed Her Ch / Tree Collapses On A Man On Trying To Pull It Down (Photos) / You Can’t Pull Me Down – Churchill Tells Tonto Dikeh – Read His Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pull Me Down! by beyondbasicsng: 8:52pm On Jan 19
Sometime ago, I visited the ophthalmologist and we got talking - normally I don't talk to strangers - it's not how I roll but that day - I decided to speak as in gist with this person.

I learned a couple of lessons from our conversation:

1. There is a BIG difference between people who grew up in the North and those in the South especially if you're yoruba

2. There's a BIG difference between wanting something and going for that thing

3. Turns out Nigerians like to compete with each other - never knew that! And honestly still don't think so ... but hmmm

4. Yoruba people from the south are all about respect BUT tend not to respect people. Northern yoruba people don't really care - humility matters to them, hey what do you think?

5. Apparently there's something called pull me down and it's a trait that is in most Nigerians - again, I only knew this 2 years or so ago! I might have been living under the rocks

6. Life isn't hard but the people in it make it hard - be yourself always

7. Nothing wrong with having a ONE Nigeria and hoping we will be alright in the end - at least that's one thing we agreed on.

8. It's all about give and take - if you do NOT love yourself - how will you love someone else

9. The hate you give - "sometimes you can do everything right and things will still go wrong. The key is never stop doing right"

10. Remember to live by: you cannot control what happens but you can control how you react to it

hmm - conversations from my ophthalmologist!

Maybe my next one will be with the dentist - who knows πŸ˜€

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Money-making In The Digital Age: Success In 2024 / Unveiling The Excitement: Exploring The World Of Slot Games On IDN Platforms / Elevate Your Drive With Zephyr Wellness' 360 Suction Car Phone Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.