Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,965 members, 7,949,288 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? (4827 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Troops Capture Gwoza Destroying The Headquarters Of The Boko Haram This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by obowunmi(m): 8:19am On Nov 06, 2011
Any thoughts, that you think that Nigeria can enact to resolve this issue will be helpful. I need to hear from you all, Thank you.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by unphilaz(m): 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
i think we have 2 options since the 'carrot and stick' approach has not yielded anything bc no one to negotiate wit. this are afganistan style -drone attack etc which has not stopped terrorism but fueled it more daring retaliation or bring down the stronghold under His obedience for a change.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by obowunmi(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2011
but you have not answered the question ,
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by cjfavour(m): 12:30am On Nov 07, 2011
One is to get d killers of mohmmed yusuf,prosecute them and hang them publicy.2, Sack all the security head. 3. If all these fails,Jo shld call for sovereign National conference as Pa Enahoro asked for. He should first get d support of all d southern senators and house of reps members to avoid impeachment. This will stop boko attacks.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by koruji(m): 2:10am On Nov 07, 2011
We are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the below. There is no turning back now. Nigeria as a nation is a gonner.

Regions that are not prepared to defend themselves, and form their own nation are in for a shock.

cjfavour:

One is to get d killers of mohmmed yusuf,prosecute them and hang them publicy.2, Sack all the security head. 3. If all these fails,Jo shld call for sovereign National conference as Pa Enahoro asked for. He should first get d support of all d southern senators and house of reps members to avoid impeachment. This will stop boko attacks.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Areosapien(m): 2:14am On Nov 07, 2011
By praying they come out and confess.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by olawalebabs(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2011
praying without corresonding hardwork will not solve the problem, if the political will is there, the menace will be easily curtail. period
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by indoorlove(m): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2011
We hv been be fixing the problems without fixing the solutions, now lets fix the solution.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by dare2think: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
Infiltration and killing of sponsors.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
What is boko horam ?
@topic
let them have their northern nigeria afterall they cried and begged for it in 1953 but Nnmadi Azikwe won't let them go !
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Abilitya: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2011
nigeria should apply a more intellient approach. It is not abt d nos of your military men, but what they can do.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by lepasharon(f): 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2011
convert to islam you infidels!
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by micheall36: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2011
Any one asking for the public sentence of the police man who killed
Boko haram leader must be a dumb!!!

The killer should be awarded medal of honour,may be America should arrest
those that killed Usama too slowpoke!!

The solution to Boko haram is calling for national comfrence en deviding the country
Nigeria as a nationa is a failed experiment of the british, the 1960s amalgamation
of the regions as a nations is a huge blunder, No tribe love or trust the other in
Nigeria, Nigeria is one nation were nobody has a national loyalty but rather a tribal
loyalty, so thinking of this, i tell ma self we are better of as regions than a nation together

Even American CIA has said this, 2015 election for new leader will really be bloody, all in the
name of tribe!!
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by kings112(m): 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2011
Split naija
Areosapien:

By praying they come out and confess.
non sens sugestion.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by yemmyyy(m): 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
1. Constitution amendment/review
2. State policing
3. True federalism
4. Death sentences for corruption charges.
shikena,
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Swagahyk(m): 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2011
There is no time for dialogue, shoot at sight should be the best option.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by godman01(m): 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2011
Please, where are the people that used to abuse our president. I want to see them write out their well articulated never bouncing plan on getting boko haram. Besides we are leaders of tomorrow now, lets start practicing now!
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by EvilBrain1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2011
cjfavour:

I agree with nos. 1 and 2, but that SNG stuff is a waste of time. First, we need to do something about the pervasive corruption in the federal government. Then, after we sack all the security chiefs and prosecute the police and army officers involved in the 2009 Boko Haram massacre, we need to retrench 70% of the federal civil service and replace their number with well trained policemen. Let the police work near their home towns and live among the people.

Right now, the NPF is like an army of occupation. Nobody likes them, nobody trusts them, and nobody who knows anything about BH is going to risk his life by becoming an informant. Plus BH is claiming to fight for Islam and the common man while the police are doing the bidding of a corrupt, useless government and have murdered far more innocent people than BH in the past 2 years.

If you have enough boots on the ground inspiring public confidence, asking questions and listening to the people, you'd easily get all the info you need to expose and arrest the Boko Haram henchmen and their leaders/sponsors.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by EvilBrain1(m): 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2011
cjfavour:

I agree with nos. 1 and 2, but that SNG stuff is a waste of time. First, we need to do something about the pervasive corruption in the federal government. Then, after we sack all the security chiefs and prosecute the police and army officers involved in the 2009 Boko Haram massacre, we need to retrench 70% of the federal civil service and replace their number with well trained policemen. Let the police work near their home towns and live among the people.

Right now, the NPF is like an army of occupation. Nobody likes them, nobody trusts them, and nobody who knows anything about BH is going to risk his life by becoming an informant. Plus BH is claiming to fight for Islam and the common man while the police are doing the bidding of a corrupt, useless government and have murdered far more innocent people than BH in the past 2 years.

If you have enough boots on the ground inspiring public confidence, asking questions and listening to the people, you'd easily get all the info you need to expose and arrest the Boko Haram henchmen and their leaders/sponsors.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by OvieE: 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2011
Just divid the a.s.s. country and problem solve or stop oil supply to north for ten years. That will teach them lesson since their fight is about western educations. Western Education include good things in life, education, jobs, foods, cars, airplanes, roads, house etc. Without education, nothing will be acheive in this world. By the way, what kind of education are they looking for to study, how to kill people is that the education they want.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by dinggle: 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2011
This is simple let there be a referendum in the states, let the citizens of each state decide if they wanna go Islamic and if they decide they want to be an Islamic state those citizens against it should move to an alternative states. Those at Abuja can't sit and tell me how I should live my life in Sokoto or Lagos, its high time the ppl decide for themselves, secondly a SNC is even more necessary we need to redefine who we are and how we should live as neighbors, every state should be allow to determine its destiny with the resources it has while paying tax to the center. If it ain't working then we need to shake hands and say Goodbye, the era of forcing citizens to live as the president desires is over, Boko haram is showing us how to defeat Nigeria, If i don't have a job, I can't feed why die slowly?, why not die with a statement! this is what our politicians, those at the national assembly, the state governors and economic team breeding hash policy on Nigerians don't knw, the table is finally shifting, guns can no longer protect them from ppl determined to die.
I for one see no reason why a senator should earn more than N100,000 a month when ppl wallop in poverty or why they should live in huge expensive houses when majority of the ppl they r serving can afford a room. Or why their kids should study abroad when our local schools are under-going a slow death. All these double standards needs to be address ASAP but I fear GEJ lacks the courage to stand on the side of the masses.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by juman(m): 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What is boko horam ?
@topic
let them have their northern nigeria afterall they cried and begged for it in 1953 but Nnmadi Azikwe won't let them go !

Oh oh grin grin
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Gbawe: 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
@OP.

Abeg take a cue from your President. Wherever you are, kneel down and pray for Boko Haram to vanish. It is well.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by BootyOnMe: 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2011
Nor be una mates enter for streets drag Gaddaffi from im bunker?
Make una siddon for h-internet dey ask for solutions. *Noisy Cowards*
Shioooooor!!!
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by TruBrotha: 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2011
Military Coup; Nigeria's salvation lol
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 07, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Nor be una mates enter for streets drag Gaddaffi from im bunker?
Make una siddon for h-internet dey ask for solutions. *Noisy Cowards*
Shioooooor!!!
Silent idiiot,what are you waiting for,them cut your hand ?
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Reggie2(m): 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2011
Noffin! once a terrorist, always a terrorist. It's a crime that must be fought like all other crimes.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2011
Allow INTEL around the world get involved with finding out about them. They should be secretly caught and jailed. Those of them who refuse to surrender should be exterminated.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by mymadam(m): 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2011
"Whether we like am, whether we no like am, de thing be saaaay, we go still de shake body". Let our 'rulers' stop beating about the bush. Even the most stupid human being realises that a SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE (SNC) is an essential commodity on the dining table of the nation state wrongly named Nigeria! "I love my country I no go lie, na inside am I go live & die, na wao. Fellow Nigerians, please don't give up. Stay alive to see the fateful day the SNC will commence. I t will surely come to pass, one day, one day!
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by dabrake(m): 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2011
For the survival of 'quality' nigerians, we can do away with the entire north(ie bomb the entire northern nigeria)
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by ov: 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2011
Very simple
1. these boko harams must be funded heavily and as such their money must pass through bank accounts
2. this means the source of such monies are traceable.
3. finally get to the source of the funds and bring the sponsors to book!

By killing the source, u solve the issue.

4 this reason i support e banking n support Sanusi's 150k withdrawal limit as this will encourage e banking and thus an easier way to trace bad money and stop money laundering
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by DatNiggaAk(m): 11:36pm On Nov 07, 2011
GEJ is to blame for the continued violence being perpetrated by boko haram. As Commander in Chief and therefore the chief security officer of the nation it is his duty to declare an all out war on them and their sympathizers since they have declared an all out war on Nigerians and the International Community(bombing of UN building)
On Friday, over a hundred innocent Nigerians were killed in Damaturu. Police officers and military men are killed at will and he is still talking of carrot and stick approach? What kind of leader is Goodluck? I personally feel he is weak, a coward and greedy. Talking about removal of fuel subsidy while there is a mindless slaughter of Nigerians?
What are the boko haram agitating for? What is the philosophy or rationale behind their killings?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nupeng Threatens To Shut Oil Production Amid Strike / Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, / Can A City Be Commercial And Serene In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.