Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,312 members, 7,936,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation (1431 Views)

Allen Onyema Promises Super Eagles N20m For Cape Verde Win / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: 2022 World Cup Qualifier: (2 - 1) On Sept 7 2021 / Alexandre Lacazette Cheats On Manon Mogavero, His Girlfriend With A Club Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by Freshtruth(m): 1:21pm On Jan 20
If you thinks Africans are in that team then you must have a rethink that squad is comprises of Portuguese players and Brazilians players that were not called to their various national teams and they are using cape verde as their adopted nation. Are you guys seeing the outrageous goals those guys are scoring at the Afcon? Are you seeing the accurate pullouts? Are you seeing their counter attacks and their free flowing football? Even Egypt may not survive the last group game. Caf should take note they should investigate those guys real nationalities

4 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by Chicagograduate(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20
So you want them to be super chickens?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by otipoju(m): 2:30pm On Jan 20
Freshtruth:
If you thinks Africans are in that team then you mist have a rethink that squad is comprises of Portuguese players and Brazilians players that were not called to their various national teams. Are you guys seeing the outrageous goals those guys are scoring at the Afcon? Are you seeing the accurate pullouts? Even Egypt may not survive the last group game. Car should take note they should investigate those guys real nationality

I don't know if what you are saying is true or not. But you are very lazy and you should back your accusations with proof.

A simple Google search on the biography of all the players showing where they were born will either prove or disprove your claim.

That is how you become effective in the real world. Always back your statements/ conclusion with proof.

Finally, as long as they are naturalized and carry a cape verdian passport and have not played in competitive games for other countries, they are eligible to play for cape verde.

I checked about 20 players for you.

A.Most were born in cape verde,

B. A good number were born abroad ( portugal,Sweden, Belgium and ireland) to
either both Cape Verden parents who are immigrants or one Cape Verden parent and a European citizen

C. Nearly all of them had their footballing education abroad in Europe from childhood and ALL of them currently play abroad in Europe and Saudi Arabia.

That explains why they are playing disciplined, coordinated and purposeful football. While you are looking at the country as a small African country...they have excellent players that have even played for Man United. (Bebe)

So your claim that they are Brazilian and Portuguese rejects is false. They are all playing for their country of origin.

Cape Verde just like Brazil was has very strong ties to Portugal. That is why you see Brazilian sounding names which are in actual fact Portuguese names.

16 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by Obakoolex(m): 5:41pm On Jan 20
otipoju:

I don't know if what you are saying is true or not. But you are very lazy and you should back your accusations with proof.

A simple Google search on the biography of all the players showing where they were born will either prove or disprove your claim.

That is how you become effective in the real world. Always back your statements/ conclusion with prove.

Finally, as long as they are naturalized and carry a cape verdian passport and have not played in competitive games for other countries, they are eligible to play for cape verde.

I checked about 20 players for you.

A.Most were born in cape verde,

B. A good number were born abroad ( portugal,Sweden, Belgium and ireland) to
either both Cape Verden parents who are immigrants or one Cape Verden parent and a European citizen

C. Nearly all of them had their footballing education abroad in Europe from childhood and ALL of them currently play abroad in Europe and Saudi Arabia.

That explains why they are playing disciplined, coordinated and purposeful football. While you are looking at the country as a small African country...they have excellent players that have even played for Man United. (Bebe)

So your claim that they are Brazilian Outcasts is false. Cape verde just like Brazil was colonized by Portugal and that is why you see Brazilian sounding names which are in fact Portuguese names.

You have good facts with proof but don't castigate the guy cos he has a good observation. Those cape Verde guys are truly wonderful grin and I felt somehow too watching them that I told my wife these guys looks like they're not Africans grin

6 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by dazzlingd(m): 6:42pm On Jan 20
Op is not far from the truth, they have Portuguese origins

3 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by otipoju(m): 6:49pm On Jan 20
Obakoolex:

You have good facts with proof but don't castigate the guy cos he has a good observation. Those cape Verde guys are truly wonderful grin and I felt somehow too watching them that I told my wife these guys looks like they're not Africans grin

When you observe something that seems to be off, then you do further research first BEFORE laying accusations on anyone.

An elementary knowledge of African history as per colonialism should have pointed to why a cape verdan will have a " Portuguese and brazilian" sounding name.

This is not like some distant history, most of our fathers, uncles aunties and uncles lived under colonial rule so he has no excuse not to know.

My grouse with him is his rush to accuse a country of using mercenaries, even before doing a simple research himself to confirm his suspicion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by Seniormanfeyi06(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20
It doesn't even matter. They won't win the tournament any way

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by Kinghenry1315: 9:10pm On Jan 20
Is easy for a good coach to read their game and beat them just stop them from playing from the keeper to opponents stop their free flowing football and mark their striker out if they like make dem be machinery instead of mecinery they will lose

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by dominique(f): 10:37pm On Jan 20
Cape Verde always have mixed race and European looking players on their squad which is a reflection of their population. Besides nobody is disturbing France for fielding majority African players.

7 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by verifiablefacts: 7:25am On Jan 21
When France presented a team comprising mostly of African players,who complained.

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by WantsandMore: 10:25am On Jan 21
I don't understand, people who play good football can't be Africans? What sort of primitive mentality are yall about?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by deji68: 12:04pm On Jan 21
Watched a Fench match recently ..almost all black squad, do you have problem with that ? cool Should they ban them from Europa cup ?
Re: Cape Verde Are Cheats Caf Should Make Proper Investigation by SmartyPants(m): 12:12pm On Jan 21
Freshtruth:
If you thinks Africans are in that team then you must have a rethink that squad is comprises of Portuguese players and Brazilians players that were not called to their various national teams and they are using cape verde as their adopted nation. Are you guys seeing the outrageous goals those guys are scoring at the Afcon? Are you seeing the accurate pullouts? Are you seeing their counter attacks and their free flowing football? Even Egypt may not survive the last group game. Caf should take note they should investigate those guys real nationalities

What you don't seem to know is that the contrary is the case...the majority of Portuguese big names you know are actually africans.

Nani
Pepe
Raphael Leao
William Carvalho and others are actually of African origin.

If you want to adopt strict standards start with the Super Eagles and see if we have a team left. The full defence that we all love are foreign born boys who are all eligible for other countries.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bolton Player 'Fabrice Muamba' Collapses During Match / Top 10: Most Valuable Players In The World / World's Biggest Vuvuzela In Cape Town, South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.