Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,812 members, 7,945,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 07:58 PM

Mentality And Mental State - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mentality And Mental State (87 Views)

Umunede Judge C.I Dafe Wants To Evaluate My Mental State Because I'm Complaining / Nigerians’ Entitlement Mentality And Sense Of Belonging / Daily Life; The Mentality And Criticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mentality And Mental State by beyondbasicsng: 2:13pm On Jan 20
Sometime ago, I visited the ophthalmologist and we got talking - normally I don't talk to strangers - it's not how I roll but that day - I decided to speak as in gist with this person. (I've got first 10 points on my pull me down post!- sorry for double posting)

I learned a couple of lessons from our conversation:

1. There is a BIG difference between people who grew up in the North and those in the South especially if you're yoruba

2. There's a BIG difference between wanting something and going for that thing

3. Turns out Nigerians like to compete with each other - never knew that! And honestly still don't think so ... but hmmm

4. Yoruba people from the south are all about respect BUT tend not to respect people. Northern yoruba people don't really care - humility matters to them, hey what do you think?

5. Apparently there's something called pull me down and it's a trait that is in most Nigerians - again, I only knew this 2 years or so ago! I might have been living under the rocks

6. Life isn't hard but the people in it make it hard - be yourself always

7. Nothing wrong with having a ONE Nigeria and hoping we will be alright in the end - at least that's one thing we agreed on.

8. It's all about give and take - if you do NOT love yourself - how will you love someone else

9. The hate you give - "sometimes you can do everything right and things will still go wrong. The key is never stop doing right"

10. One rule is to know you can't control what happens BUT you can control how you react

11. Opinions might differ

12. But remove strife from your heart. This person creates disaster

13. Mufti Menk: "Not everything that is said against you needs a response .... Do not give value to those who have no value"

14. Renner homegroup: Sometimes people operate in the soulish realm and call it spiritual - it is NOT. They know how to pull strings and work people like a puppet!

15. A house divided against itself cannot stand

16. Guard your mouth

17. The people you hang out with and listen to, you probably will act like them... hang out with argumentative people ... try to listen to others

18. Our actions in the way we resolve situations are not moved by fleshly thinking - conversation can quickly become soulish if so, STOP the conversation

19. Be wise and sensitive enough to know which type of logic we are using in certain situation

20. We might act base on incorrect information

After a lot of reflection on our conversation, those points ring true.

(1) (Reply)

Stemming The Tide Of Brain Drain In The Health Care Sector In Nigeria / You Can Now Discover How To Raise As Little As 30k Or As Much As 150k In A Week / What Services Would You Be Willing To Pay Me 2k For If I Can Complete It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.