Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,741 members, 7,924,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 11:53 AM

Have Things Become This Hard? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have Things Become This Hard? (73 Views)

How To Make Money In This Hard Time / How To Overcome Depression In This Hard Time / The Ladies May Find This Hard To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have Things Become This Hard? by Gas0line: 7:57pm On Jan 24
Waking up so early this morning, I freshened up and went out to see if I'd be lucky with any menial jobs. I couldn't bear to stay another day at home without feeding,maybe I'd be lucky today. I got to the first building site but I was told they have had enough workers. Calmly,I proceeded to find another one but it was still the same story. I trekked for what seemed like a lifetime until my legs started vibrating. I broke down in tears. Like why?
Why would a child of nobody be allowed to suffer in a rich country like ours? Why would those in power be this callous on the masses because of greed? You see, many of us are ready to work but the circumstances around us will not let us find even the most menial job. Where I was still standing looking hungry and dejected,a man came around and begged me for just #200 to buy something to eat. I smiled and told him I had nothing on me. He left. "Only if he knew my condition", I thought aloud. People are suffering seriously.

R231,Freiburger front page

(1) (Reply)

Living Your Dreams: Premium Floors In Panchkula / FCT Minister, Wike Approves N30.9 Billion For Rehabilitation Of Schools In FCT / Different Types Of Adirondack Chairs (explained)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.